Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

How long does it take to get into the swing of things?

4 posts in this topic

tricky question!!   lots of different ways to answer.

lots of different "rhythms" to understand get into the "swing of" with your partner...   how often are you enjoying having sex?   do you like it in the morning or at night?  are you both having an orgasm?  have you both figured out how (nicely, sensitively, erotically) to touch each other?   do you know the rhythm of sexual affection without necessarily having sex?  have you figured out each other's "signals"...   more of that, less of that, that's good but you're not quite doing it right, slow down, i'm really close, etc.   those are the explicits of figuring out being fully sexual with your mate.   it's the best stuff!!!   and it takes willingness to talk or share or point out or communicate about what feels good, what would feel good NOW, and so on.

the biggest thing to get in the swing of is TALKING ABOUT IT...  if that makes any sense.   your sex lives will be all that much more remarkable if you can slowly loosen either the nervousness or embarrassment of talking about what makes you feel good or excited or aroused or passionate with each other... and then doing it.

I would guess (thinking back a long time now) that it took at least a month or two before we really found full rhythm... some things worked out very quickly...   other things took more time for me being a guy (how do i excite her, how do i help her have an orgasm, how do we do this so we both have an orgasm at same time, etc)

and in all honesty - I am now over 50 - we've been having sex for a LOT of years LOL - and we are still learning things about each other... because you do evolve your own sexual feelings and urges over time...   and that's what helps keep making love fresh and exciting even after all those years.  

2 people like this

Takes about a week's worth of sex to get into a "groove," where you start to fully comprehend the logistics of sex. It takes about a month to really get into the swing of things. Then it is a never ending learning curve! It's great! Even after a year of sex, or many years, like Ian says, you always learn new things about your spouse. You eventually develop a rhythm of their favorites but it's always great to experience new things as well. 

If you're ever able to experience a mutual orgasm... well... need I say more?

1 person likes this

Depends him he's ready to go with a little time me before I actually enjoy it about 15 mins or so