Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doug

There are advantages for people who save sex for marriage

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I like this site. I developed and tested a study/survey that shows that there are advantages to saving sex for a (major) commitment.  www.SurveyOfMen.com. Its show that...

1 - Having sex with a man does not strengthen his feelings for her or save a failing relationship.

2 - If a woman is getting used for sex then most likely she will never get a commitment

3 - Most men prefer virginity in the woman they marry.

I am actively working on getting funding and finding others who are interested in the results your feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Doug

3 people like this

Hi Doug! I checked out that website, I think those are some very promising statistics right there. Hopefully they can conduct a much bigger study since it would be even further proof. It makes complete sense that they'd get these results though.

2 people like this

So many years have passed, but the fact that one of the major reasons my relationship failed was that I didn't allow my boyfriend to touch my breats,still hurts quite a lot.

1 person likes this

In response to the results of the study:

Sex is secondary and a relationship between two people is primary.  When the two are flipped around, we have trouble. 

MarieAntoinette and to others, it does hurt the self-esteem to be rejected. And having a waiting-status means MORE rejection as so many are looking for sex in some form.  But what I've learned is that the decent guys just aren't as common as the indecent, and all the men who flock around praising us beautiful women (building our false perception of esteem) really are thinking with the wrong head.  So from a long-term viewpoint, remaining strong in our wait and remaining patient in our wait, is actually better for the self-esteem, because one day, it will all be worth it when we find a nice person to be with that respects us for waiting.  And if they respect us for waiting, ideally they'll respect us in many more ways as well.

To Doug, if you ever desire to expand on the study's outcomes, there are way more benefits of waiting.  Waiting is part of a value system (that intertwines with every part of their life) and waiting has long-term benefits as well short-term protection (of heartache and misperceptions).

Also, Doug, I think most people (not just men) prefer virginity if they really think about it.  Just many women are okay with compromising on the topic.

Thank you for sharing your study! I love sociologically based research! 

1 person likes this

amazingly encouraging. Keep up the good work guys! I myself have experienced being rejected many times because of this stand. Not many people understand but i believe the right one will stay, respect and understand. 

2 people like this

So many years have passed, but the fact that one of the major reasons my relationship failed was that I didn't allow my boyfriend to touch my breats,still hurts quite a lot.

Hi, If you did allow your boy friend to touch your breasts it would not have helped him fall in-love, make you more special to him or save a failing relationship. Instead of feeling bad about that, maybe you should feel good that you did not hurt the man who marries you.

-Doug

In response to the results of the study:

Sex is secondary and a relationship between two people is primary.  When the two are flip around, we have trouble. 

MarieAntoinette and to others, it does hurt the self-esteem to be rejected. And having a waiting-status means MORE rejection as so many are looking for sex in some form.  But what I've learned is that the decent guys just aren't as common as the indecent, and all the men who flock around praising us beautiful women (building our false perception of esteem) really are thinking with the wrong head.  So from a long-term viewpoint, remaining strong in our wait and remaining patient in our wait, is actually better for the self-esteem, because one day, it will all be worth it when we find a nice person to be with that respects us for waiting.  And if they respect us for waiting, ideally they'll respect us in many more ways as well.

To Doug, if you ever desire to expand on the study's outcomes, there are way more benefits of waiting.  Waiting is part of a value system (that intertwines with every part of their life) and waiting has long-term benefits as well short-term protection (of heartache and misperceptions).

Also, Doug, I think most people (not just men) prefer virginity if they really think about it.  Just many women are okay with compromising on the topic.

Thank you for sharing your study! I love sociologically based research! 

Thanks for the info!

1 person likes this

amazingly encouraging. Keep up the good work guys! I myself have experienced being rejected many times because of this stand. Not many people understand but i believe the right one will stay, respect and understand. 

Its nice to hear encouragement. Thanks!