Mike

Stacie is the new 25+ admin!

10 posts in this topic

Hey Everybody,

Stacie, aka Queen, is now officially the admin for the 25+ forum! We're going to be restricting the 25+ forum so that only members who are (as the name implies) over 25 can post in it, which I think will make it a little more pure in spirit. As somebody who's over 25+, I'm looking forward to see what kind of content develops in 25+. It'll be like the old version of Teens Only.

For all you people between the ages of 20-24, we don't have a special forum for you yet, but I hope you can take some solace in the fact that you're in the prime of your life and everyone is jealous of you. And if you REALLY want your own forum, let me know.

So congrats, Stacie. I can't wait to see what you do with 25+!

Also, stay tuned tomorrow for a big Special Announcement!

6 people like this

UPDATE: It has been suggested to me via PM that we split things up as "Students" and "Post-College" and do things by life phase instead of numeric age. What do you guys think of that?

I don't want to alienate you guys in the 20-24 range. Although, technically, I guess I would be a student, and I'm over 25, so the other option would be to do 0-22 and 22+. 

I dunno. I just want to do whatever we will enjoy the most, and there are different waiting-related issues inherent to different phases of life. 

Any suggestions? Stacie, feel free to weigh in on this as the new Queen of such matters.

UPDATE: It has been suggested to me via PM that we split things up as "Students" and "Post-College" and do things by life phase instead of numeric age. What do you guys think of that?

I don't want to alienate you guys in the 20-24 range. Although, technically, I guess I would be a student, and I'm over 25, so the other option would be to do 0-22 and 22+. 

I dunno. I just want to do whatever we will enjoy the most, and there are different waiting-related issues inherent to different phases of life. 

Any suggestions? Stacie, feel free to weigh in on this as the new Queen of such matters.

I believe that would be a better solution. Maybe give older students, such as those going for PhD's or mature students a choice to be a part of the later group once they hit a certain age?

But yes, the teen section is dead. The last post was over three months ago. Making it a forum for students would both allow more people to post there, as well as give us a place for all those University/College and exam threads that pop up in General Discussion.

2 people like this

Mike, I resent the insinuation that, as a person in my late 20s, I'm no longer in the prime of my life.  I'd like to think that I won't reach my metaphorical peak (and the decline that follows) until much later in life... if I ever reach it at all! I intend for my life to only get better as I get older. Maybe I can even be like Betty White, who at 91 is more awesome than ever. ;):PB)

5 people like this

Thanks, everyone!

I am neutral about adding a life phase category (fine either way) but not to replace numerical age (25+) as I think it would only complicate things.