Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Playing hard to get

6 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just wondering: why do (some) girls play hard to get? And also, how can you tell if a girl is playing hard to get as opposed to not having any interest in you whatsoever?

Well from personal experinces this is something always very difficult to find out. But from the experince I have, when a girl is playing hard to get she flirts with you when she talks, but she always wants you chasing her because these types of girls always want attention. If you really wana know if a girl really likes you instead of being the one to initiate the talking, dont talk to her ignore her and if shes possibly interested she will go out of her way to actually talk to you!! If she doesnt talk to you for a couple of days it just means she was being nice and polite when you were talking to her.... Hope that helped

:P

Seeflo, you hit the nail on the head! Good job! :)

Well, Mark, personally speaking as a girl, it has to do with maturity level. If a girl wants you to chase her and is playing games like that it's because she's not matured yet or immature. Lots of girls play hard to get to keep the guy interested and like Seeflo said, for attention (ALOT of girls are obsessed with attention esp. from guys) and I think it's okay to play hard to get in the beginning if it's going to be played at all but even then I still don't like it. They also play hard to get so they don't seem easy and have value before the guys eyes. Say for instance, when you really want something and get it with little effort it bearly has meaning but when you had to put a little extra work into whatever it is you value it more. Same thing goes for a girl. Now, it's okay for a guy to "chase" a girl but if he's chasing and chasing and chasing and chasing and not getting anywhere she probably doesn't want to be caught. If a girl likes a guy she will eventually let him take her out.

A good way and sure fire way to know if a girl is interested is if she EVER uses the friend card. A girl who is interested in a guy will never say anything like "You're such a great FRIEND." Also, when she is playing hard to get she'll be flirty and give you the "green light" and then over time will eventually let you date her or but if she's just doing it for the flattery she will never let the guy take her out because she's just using his attention.

Great question.

Interesting that you bring this up b/c a co-worker and I were actually talking about this some days ago. We can most certainly be wrong, but my co-worker and I agreed that if a girl plays hard to get, IMHO it shows immaturity. She's more interested in playing games than she is in finding a healthy, emotionally satisfying relationship. It doesn't mean she's a "bad" person, just shows immaturity.

I should also add that I make a distinction b/w playing hard to get and "going slow" with a guy to see if he's genuinely interested. Lots of men are dogs, ruining things for the rest of us, so if a woman wants to take things slow and ask about a guy behind the scenes then I see nothing wrong with that.

Knowing the difference b/w playing hard to get and not being interested is difficult. But, I guess if you accept my reasoning of why a woman plays hard to get, it's a lose lose (either she's not interested or just wants to play games) so why bother :-/

I like I like!

I always find it hard to balance how much I show interest in a guy....I don't wanna be clingy, but not hard to get either. It's that "nice girl who flirts but isn't annoying" goal lol

Well for the most part I agree with seeflotastic he kind of nailed it 100% just don't make her th only one to ansheat contaxct or she will asume you don't like her I would use his mothod first but when that dostn work you should also know sometimes every girl is difrent like what ohg said about not using the friend card mabey that tru 4 her but for every other girl I know that EXACTLY what they do say that your a good friend in hopes that you will step up and say that what you want to be more than just friends. I hate to tell you men but (most of the time) your just going to have pony up the curage and tell her who you feel no hard feelings if she dosnt return them but that you would like to at leat know. The worst that can happen she dosent return your feeling no you know not to wast your time with her. Best case senereo......I think you get the pictor