Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WANTED: Somebody who has read the Twilight series

14 posts in this topic

Here's the problem: I want to do nice feature on Edward and Bella from Twilight for the "Celebrities who waited" section of the website, but I haven't read the series.

If you've read the Twilight series, let me know if you'd be interested in writing a "Twilight and Waiting Till Marriage" article.

Ideally, you'd have enough knowledge of the series to go through and pull some of the key waiting-till-marriage scenes to use in the article. You can use clips from the movie if you want to as well.

If you're really a hardcore fan of Twilight, I suppose you could do separate profiles on Edward and Bella, like I've done for most of the celebrities on the Celebrities section. So we could have "Bella Swan - Waited Until Age 20" and "Edward Cullen - Waited Until Age 1262". :lol:

Seriously though, just a nice comprehensive article on Waiting Till Marriage themes in Twilight would be amazing.

If you're interested, reply to this thread or send me a PM!

I've read all the Twilight books and seen all the movies! It would be intersting to compare Bella's upbringing about being 'safe' when it comes to sex, so a very modern view, with Edward's which is very traditional/old fashioned. (The way he treats women and ideas about sex)

ya i read the whole series it my favorite i always liked that they waited (even if it was Edward's idea and Bella tried repeatedly to sway him and that)

witch you could also mention that he stay strong on his beliefs despite the fact a hot young virgin woman is in his bed undressing a begging him to have sex with her in the middle of the night when there alone i doubt many REAL guys could resist THAT!! :lol:

(this happened in eclipse the 3rd book if your wondering sense you haven't read it)

Andi,

Did you want to do an article? I would def help with it since I've read the series/seen all movies so far as well

Sorry I missed you post, Andi!

Andi and Sally - Both of you sound like you have good ideas for a Twilight post. I'd say either work together on one, or each do you own. Twilight is a big and popular enough topic that we could have several articles on it. Just make sure you don't overlap each other.

Please let me know if you guys come up with anything and I'll help you get it together for the site!

sorry i just real your comment ya sally that sound like a good idea

@Head girl - Get with Andi and Sally to figure out what they're writing. If you can help with the article they're writing, super.

Otherwise if you want to write another Twilight article in a different direction, that works too. As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as too many Twilight articles, as long as they each offer something unique.

Whatever we do, I want to have at least one major Twilight article online by November 1st (before the new movie comes out, while the marketing campaigns are building up).

If you're looking for some theme ideas, here are some sample article titles for you...

1. Twilight: All the Waiting Till Marriage Parts (just list the excerpts from the book)
  2. 5 Ways that Twilight Promotes Waiting Till Marriage
  3. 5 Waiting Till Marriage Themes in Twilight
  4. How Twilight Made Me Feel Better About Waiting
  5. How Twilight Has Influenced Girls' Expectations (Positively)

Of those listed above, I definitely want us to have #1 (the complete list of waiting till marriage-relevant scenes from the books), and that's also one I can't write myself easily (since I've only read the first book). That's also something all three of you could work on together. You could create a combined list of scenes from your collective memories (e.g., "That scene in the first book when he's in her room for the first time, Bella hints at physical stuff, and Edward says that it would be too hard for him, resistance wise."). Then you can divide up the scenes, each take a book, and hunt down the exact quotes. In the end we'd have a very comprehensive article full of lots of great quotes from the book for the waiting-relevant scenes.

But just a suggestion. Feel free to use any of the above or none of them!

i own all the book if you can kind of give me an idea of what your looking for sally

I could definitely write an article on how Twilight helped me with being more open about waiting until marriage, and how I know it influenced some other girls to wait until marriage. I do feel like it promoted teen marriage and teen pregnancy though, so I was opposed to the overall idea of the story. Problem is, I am in university right now and I have absolutely no time to write an article on how Twilight promoted the idea of waiting till marriage (I barely have time to breathe!)

Aw too bad! I would kill to line up a few good Twilight articles for when the movie comes out next month. Maybe you can write it on break and we'll put it up when it hits DVD haha.

I do feel like it promoted teen marriage and teen pregnancy though, so I was opposed to the overall idea of the story.

I had the same objection, but often wondered if the author didn't do that just because she was working with a timeline. I'm not sure she could have jumped ahead 5 years just for the sake of having Bella be a little bit more marriage-age and still held the pacing together.

Joss Whedon had the same problem when he wanted Buffy and Angel to sleep together. He had to throw in her 18th birthday beforehand just to make it not illegal.

Aw too bad! I would kill to line up a few good Twilight articles for when the movie comes out next month. Maybe you can write it on break and we'll put it up when it hits DVD haha.

I had the same objection, but often wondered if the author didn't do that just because she was working with a timeline. I'm not sure she could have jumped ahead 5 years just for the sake of having Bella be a little bit more marriage-age and still held the pacing together.

Joss Whedon had the same problem when he wanted Buffy and Angel to sleep together. He had to throw in her 18th birthday beforehand just to make it not illegal.

18? Actually, I'm pretty sure it was on her 17th birthday. Yeah, I just Googled it and it said she lost her virginity on her seventeenth birthday to Angel in an episode called "Surprised." That's legal too, I think. I'm from Canada, so I'm not sure how that works in America. Either way, I wish she had been 18.

And yeah, Stephenie Meyer was restricted by a timeline, but I felt the whole thing was very unrealistic. Like Bella immediately loves her daughter - even more than Edward - and Renesmee is SO easy to take care of and there are no problems with being an eighteen-year-old mom.