Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Lovingmyselftothefullest

As your first time becoming celibate did anyone pressured you to back out?

17 posts in this topic

Well when i told my best friend that i am becoming celibate she ask me are you sure that want to do and i had explain to her that i am 25 years old and the stuff i did in the past why not wait until marriage i can find some one that respect my celibacy so any responses,i am all ears,lol

I'm 18 and just started college so obviously there's a lot of pressure right now. In a way, I'm in the same boat as you. Most of my friends are non-virgins. While they don't really bother me about my decision to wait, I can tell they think I'm stupid for it. My guy friend tried to talk me out of it, explaining why it's a bad idea. I almost agreed, but stuck to my decision. In my opinion, we are just rarities in a society of casual sex. You are brave to make that decision and you will thank yourself later.

3 people like this

I haven't really been pressured all that much...yet.

I can tell you right now that a lot of men out there are counting on you girls to put out. Men who honestly could not give less of a damn about you. Modern women have been fed the lie that they can sleep around like a man and walk away from it completely unscathed.

Of course the average guy will pay you lip service; he'll say whatever he has to to ensure you end up in his bed. I've sort of hung around the "player" crowd, and let me tell you, I may come off as a jerk at times, but I'm a saint compared to these guys. Sex is their only ambition. All they do afterwards is to ensure you come back for more. You are merely a utility to them.

7 people like this

I can tell you right now that a lot of men out there are counting on you girls to put out. Men who honestly could not give less of a damn about you. Modern women have been fed the lie that they can sleep around like a man and walk away from it completely unscathed.

Of course the average guy will pay you lip service; he'll say whatever he has to to ensure you end up in his bed. I've sort of hung around the "player" crowd, and let me tell you, I may come off as a jerk at times, but I'm a saint compared to these guys. Sex is their only ambition. All they do afterwards is to ensure you come back for more. You are merely a utility to them.

Men also suffer from doing casual sex. Unless they never want to stick to one woman.

3 people like this

Oh my gosh, that makes me so happy that I do not hook up. 

1 person likes this

i am almost surrounded by people who thinks my decision to wait is wrong and would be the cause of my not being able to find the one. At first, it confused me and so it was a difficult time. I started to doubt myself. And after experiencing a sequence of failed relationships because of me waiting and the guys i dated aren't waiting at all, it really made me question if it is the right thing. 

But i thank God because He was there each time, guiding me and making sure that i stay firm. I also thank my friends who supported me and not that i'm over reacting but this site has really helped me a lot! Knowing that there are other people out there having the same stand as me, makes me strong. 

6 people like this

Well, thankfully I have some amazing friends who are all waiting for marriage. It's wonderful two of them have already succeeded and the rest of us are still going. As far as family, none of them know and we don't talk about stuff like that. (Which is 100% fine with me because I don't want to have that conversation) I'm sure once I start dating someone my mom will ask, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. I'll be honest, the most pressure I feel is from myself....Most days I want to wait. It is something I know will be rewarding and something I have planned to do. But then there are times that I want to just say screw it (pun intended.)

2 people like this

No, never. My friends don't care. At least the ones who truly know me would probably die of shock if I kissed a guy outside of a serious relationship. My best friend just told me about five hours ago: "I never say never but you will never casually date." lol. That's true. And while I think all but one of my friends (she is also celibate and I'm 99% sure aromantic asexual) find my lifestyle choice to be a bit perplexing, they can't imagine me any other way.

Guest,

We root for your commitment of celibacy.  Yes, it is not a common choice, but it is absolutely the best choice!  Waiters (of all pasts) unite, and we welcome you! 

(*Hint: Use punctuation, so we can understand you better.)

1 person likes this

Yep, my sister. She said it's stupid and that I should try it with multiple girls before I can commit to just one. Obviously, I disagree

1 person likes this

Yep, my sister. She said it's stupid and that I should try it with multiple girls before I can commit to just one. Obviously, I disagree

The one you will want to commit to will not give you headaches.

These casual relationships just lead to drama.

And after sex, many girls become attached.

1 person likes this

Nobody knows I'm celibate until marriage. Not even my close friend. He just knows I'm a virgin, but I'm not sure I want to tell him unless the situation calls for it. My other friends/family and acquaintances do not know. So I don't really have anybody pressuring me to have sex. I probably had the most pressure when I joined a Sport and Social Club this past summer. And all those guys were post-college aged (24-29). 

To answer the question in the title of this thread:  I have not been pressured to back out of celibacy.. BUT when I have told potential lovers that I am celibate, they think I'm crazy.  :wacko: 

Being celibate weeds out a lot of the bad men. One of the reasons why I am chaste is because I do not want to be taken advantage of. If a man truly loved me he would honor my body and respect my boundaries. 

3 people like this

I'm 22, everyone pressures me. Still. My grandparents are like "When are the grandchildren arriving!?" my brother and cousin act like I'm weird but they try to respect it, my mum sometimes calls me "the priest" and makes jokes, and other people I've told were like "We can help you get laid if you want," and I'm like "Pee off, that's not what I'm looking for!"

4 people like this

Being celibate weeds out a lot of the bad men. One of the reasons why I am chaste is because I do not want to be taken advantage of. If a man truly loved me he would honor my body and respect my boundaries. 

Probably the only way to ensure you don't get taken advantage of. I don't think girls have any understanding how even good men have to constantly fight with every ounce of their existence not to go the direction of telling a girl what she wants to hear so he can get her to give him sexual pleasure. For a guy (even great guys) it's hard not to be user, and requires a true fight. It just does.

Girls also have a fight that they, unfortunately, often lose. They give into a guy's wants because they trust he truly loves her. Girls need to stop being so darn selfishly naive/irrational and men need to stop being so darn selfishly exploitive.

Both men and women must fight their own natures. We're both very culpable.

3 people like this

I've never told anyone I was waiting, so no one has pressured me not to. But, some of my friends know I'm a virgin and that I would only date another virgin. They didn't really try too much to pressure me out of it, but did tell me it would be very difficult to find such a girl. They tried a little to convince me that it's not as big of a deal as I think it is, but they don't really bring it up anymore.