Jaime

Hey

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to find a site that is pro-waiting and so full of open minds. I'm 19 years old ( turning 20 in five days whoo! haha), male and I'm a virgin. Although I have yet to completely make the decision to wait for marriage, I have taken a stance on waiting until true emotion springs and I have a firm grasp on how compatible we really are. Well, I hope we get along well everybody.

4 people like this

@Jaime - Welcome! I started out waiting on lots of emotion and compatibility too. Then one day I was like "Meh. I'll just wait all the way."

@Josh - And next year we'll have so many 20-year-olds! On a side note, I think I was most zealous (and most desperate) about my WTM when I was 19. Maybe that's like a pivotal age for us WTM people.

1 person likes this

Welcome to the community/site Jaime, glad you've joined us.

I think a lot of us began, especially at 19 not knowing if we'd WTM. I know I thought that way when I was your age. Now that I'm a few years older,...

I think However as you grow a bit older, you'll come to understand how waiting will benefit your future relationships and marriage someday.

It's just that now you're young and you assume that you'll only get married way far off in the future.

Just guessing here, but it's probably relevant.

And so you figure before you sign on the dotted line and commit to this WTM thing you wanna weigh your options.

I can understand that.

1 person likes this

@ Haitigirl9 - thank you.

@ Mstr Josh - thanks and it makes sense, I wish I had found this site at least one year ago. It would have helped me sort out a lot of feelings and find the support I desperately wanted.

@egirly @markb4 @thatgirlbrenda @ Happy when sailing - thank you all for the welcome.

@ mike - thank you and it feels like I'm getting there.

19 does seem like the hardest year so far, due to the social pressure and the insecurity in who I am as a person. I honestly believe if more teenagers found out about this site they'd find more strength to stick with their decision to wait.

@rookiepilot1 you're right, I'm just trying to make sure I'm making the right choice for me. I'm really committed to my word, if I say I'm going to do something I give all I have to doing it, so I'm really cautious with my wording and decisions. Saying I'm going to WTM is a large commitment, the size of a mountain really and I want to make sure that I'll regret little before I decide to keep climbing.

1 person likes this

Hey Jaime! It is so refreshing to meet people who share similar morals. I hope you enjoy it here. I look forward to reading your posts....

Thank you Joy Chuyaco, I'm glad to be here.

Hey Sugar Plum, it is refreshing and quite fortifying. I've enjoyed myself so far and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thank you Dasboy1, it's nice to meet you too.