wny

In your experience, are stereotypically good looking girls usually with stereotypically good looking guys?

20 posts in this topic

First off, obviously a lot can be said about the subjectivity of physical attraction, the extent to which it exists, ect., ect....While those discussions are well and good, this isn't what this thread is about. It is about what the title states. In your experience, do you often see stereotypically good looking women (think Victoria's Secret and other models) with stereotypically good looking men (as a straight male, I'm not entirely sure what this is, but maybe male models and the like)? Or do you feel like you often see a situation where one partner is (stereotypically speaking) less attractive than the other?

In case anyone is wondering, I'll come out and admit my interest is not hypothetical. Stereotypically good looking women tend to be the only ones I'm really attracted to and I can't help but to wonder about the odds of ending up with such a girl. Now, conceivably I could work out and do other things to make myself look like a stereotypically good looking guy, but first off it might be a bit presumptuous for me to think I could look that good and secondly it would take time (maybe years) to get to that point and I wonder about the possibility of getting such a girl now.

If you turn on the TV or read celeb magazines, you will find lots of hot models with butt ugly guys. The reason? He has lots of money. Also it could be that the guys is just full of confidence which women love.

On the other hand, it is common for people to end up with a SO that is roughly in the same level of attractiveness. At least based on a scale that is as close to an objective measurement of attractiveness.

1 person likes this

I'm not sure what stereotypically attractive means, but I do see a lot of more or less attractive people dating. I see a lot of regular looking guys with really attractive girls and I've even seen a few seemingly attractive guys with girls I didn't think were attractive at all.

Not much use worrying about it. Working out can't hurt though. Well, working out correctly can't, anyway.

In all honesty, I see stereotypically good looking girls with goofy guys. Don't get me wrong those guys are usually cute but they're not studs. They're mildly attractive. I don't see things like Victoria and David Beckham. It's usually more like Victoria Beckham and Adam Sandler.

2 people like this

I do good looking girls everywhere. Especially girls who are out holding and spinning signs are good looking. I doubt I will see a girl who looks like my crush. Sarah Underwood

If you turn on the TV or read celeb magazines, you will find lots of hot models with butt ugly guys. The reason? He has lots of money. Also it could be that the guys is just full of confidence which women love.

On the other hand, it is common for people to end up with a SO that is roughly in the same level of attractiveness. At least based on a scale that is as close to an objective measurement of attractiveness.

One time my dance teacher told me that we marry someone with the same level of confidence. Does that make sense?

And I get where you are coming from when you said that a lot of hot models marry "ugly" men with lots of money. Take for example Crystal Harris and Hugh Hefnar. Do you think she would marry Hugh if he did not have that much money and did not run the Playboy mogul? I think not.

Just my opinion. 

2 people like this

Attractiveness is not just genes. Genes is probably only 20%. The 80% is hygiene, swagger, style, grooming.

For men, I think confidence and flirting help a lot.

No use being a pretty boy. Guys are not really pretty anyway. Maybe muscles will help but you get them from working out.

So no excuses, just do stuff in life you enjoy, have fun, talk to girls and improve yourself.

Just don't be a bum with no job who is living in his mom's basement at 40 and eats McDonalds 24/7

1 person likes this

sometimes yes and sometimes no. Think of Beyonce and Jay-z. Girls will overlook a guys physical appearance if he has something to compensate it for like a talent, money, great personality, humor,etc,etc and yes confidence. So yeah you may see an attractive couple together but a lot of times no because girls are not as visual as guys we bond more through feelings, etc.

2 people like this

I don't have much idea what the Sam Hill "stereo-typically good-looking" means, but I am convinced attractiveness has to do with attitude nearly as much as appearance. At least, for guys. 

Girls never date guys cuter than them.

I would date a guy who was better looking than me. I guess I'm weird....

2 people like this

I would date a guy who was better looking than me. I guess I'm weird....

Of course I would too but what she means is that men usually don't go after women who are below their level of attraction while women often date less attractive men. 

1 person likes this

I wouldn't date a man I wasn't physically attracted to :o! There, I said it ;)!

I don't really know, wny, stop worrying about it so much :).

3 people like this

I wouldn't date a man I wasn't physically attracted to :o! There, I said it ;)!

I don't really know, wny, stop worrying about it so much :).

I understand what you're saying, but it's tough not to worry. When I'm really attracted to such a comparatively small amount of women and I don't want her to have a sexual past, I've really carved up the female population. I would rather not be single forever, but at the same time I will not settle.

Of course I would too but what she means is that men usually don't go after women who are below their level of attraction while women often date less attractive men. 

The sentence structure was confusing. "Girls never date guys cuter than them" sounds like "If a girl is asked out by a guy who is cuter than her, she'll turn him down" as opposed to "Guys never ask out girls who are less attractive than them [i.e. the guy]."

The sentence structure was confusing. "Girls never date guys cuter than them" sounds like "If a girl is asked out by a guy who is cuter than her, she'll turn him down" as opposed to "Guys never ask out girls who are less attractive than them [i.e. the guy]."

Yeah, I know but I figured that's what she meant, I could be wrong. 

I understand what you're saying, but it's tough not to worry. When I'm really attracted to such a comparatively small amount of women and I don't want her to have a sexual past, I've really carved up the female population. I would rather not be single forever, but at the same time I will not settle.

Well, women like that aren't nonexistent-I mean at least you know there are lots right here on this site who have no sexual past-it is very likely you will find your other half one day.

it is very likely you will find your other half one day.

I hope so. Thanks for your optimism.

1 person likes this