Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Natureboy

I Kissed Dating Goodbye

4 posts in this topic

I think it might kind of apply to me. While I didn't do it for expressly religious reasons like the author of the article, I didn't really date in high school (and haven't so far in college). My reasoning is largely that I've been too busy for a girlfriend and am not interested in casual hook-ups. So, that leaves being single.

I'm similar to the author in that I'm not particularly knowledgable in regards to meeting women. I wouldn't say I'm awkward around women, but I don't really know how to get women to go out with me unless they already seem interested in me. The problem, for me, is that the women who have been interested in me or who I feel I could get to go out with me are never really women I'm all that attracted to. So, I don't know. If I had tried to date in high school, would I be better at getting girls I'm attracted to to go out with me? Tough to say.

Ultimately, it's probably a mix of interconnected reasons. The type of girls I'm attracted to might be, physically speaking, "out of my league" and that is why they never show interest in me. Of course, it could also be in my head that they're out of my league and that is the reason I feel like I couldn't get them. But, this could tie back in to not having any experience trying to ask women out, as if I had experience I might know how to and/or have more confidence that I could get such women to go out with me, regardless of if they are truly "out of my league" or not.

1 person likes this

I have to thank you for posting that link. It made me face the fact that, even if you're not looking for any casual flings, you have to work on your social skills with the opposite sex.

1 person likes this

I am kind of like the author. I didn't have time to date in high school or college so am not equipped for dating or talking to women. I happy being single but may regret it when I'm older with no kids.