TropicalMermaid

New member intro./Aloha!

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just joined, & want to introduce myself. When I was in my early 20's I wasn't sure I wanted to get married when I would/will meet my soulmate. I thought we would be in a loving, committed monogamous, ever lasting relationship -without being officially married. Living in an area when I was 24 where most people of different ages had sex with practically everyone else in the community made me want to be more conservative. I also decided after experiencing living in that area that I wanted to be married when I did/do meet my soulmate. I grew up in a very loving home-my wonderful, loving parents adopted me from Mexico as a baby. I then grew up in Northern California in the foothills. I am still spiritual, although not apart of the religion I grew up with. I am still very close friends with people in the church I was raised in, & am grateful my friends & family that are active in the church love me for me & treat me with nothing other than respect & love! A couple years ago, I was blessed to have achieved living where I've dreamed of living my whole life! I live by the warm ocean waters of Hawaii! I have waited to attract my beloved life partner, as I have wanted to do a lot of inner work on myself & become the kind of person I want to be for me & for the kind of person I want to attract to be my beloved partner & husband.

Welcome to the site!!! You are in the right place. You will meet lots of cool people here:) Enjoy!

1 person likes this

Welcome to the WTM community :D
I find that a great thing about this website is that it hosts a variety of people. Instead of the stereotypical 'prudes', there's a variety of people here who hold a variety of beliefs as well.

1 person likes this

Welcome to the WTM community :D

I find that a great thing about this website is that it hosts a variety of people. Instead of the stereotypical 'prudes', there's a variety of people here who hold a variety of beliefs as well.

Hello Aurora!

Beautiful name, & pretty profile pic! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me- it's really good to know!;) I read your about me on your profile page-that's wonderful you feel so confident on your path! Not everyone I've personally met feels that way. I'm grateful to say I am also confident on my own unique path.

Aloha,

TropicalMermaid

Aloha! I love the Hawaiian islands. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. Anyway, welcome to this site. You will find lots of support in your decision to wait until marriage. I salute you for staying true to yourself. Keep up the noble work beautiful lady! 

-Victoria 

1 person likes this

Aloha

Welcome to the site/community, and thanks for sharing your background and experiences with us here.

Ah the beautiful islands, I really enjoy visiting and biking/hiking the trails.

One of my favorite's Haleakala, because it's nearby active volcanic lava flows.

I hope you find plenty of support, encouragement, friendship, and humor here.

And that in some small way the community here can make the "waiting" journey a bit more comforting.

Aloha! I love the Hawaiian islands. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. Anyway, welcome to this site. You will find lots of support in your decision to wait until marriage. I salute you for staying true to yourself. Keep up the noble work beautiful lady! 

-Victoria

Hello Victoria!

Thank you for your thoughtful reply! Yes, I'm truly grateful to be blessed to live here! Have you visited Kauai yourself? If not which island/s? Thank you for your kind reply!

Blessings, :)

TripicalMermaid

Aloha

Welcome to the site/community, and thanks for sharing your background and experiences with us here.

Ah the beautiful islands, I really enjoy visiting and biking/hiking the trails.

One of my favorite's Haleakala, because it's nearby active volcanic lava flows.

I hope you find plenty of support, encouragement, friendship, and humor here.

And that in some small way the community here can make the "waiting" journey a bit more comforting.

Hello!

Thanks for replying to me! Cool-sounds like you've been to Maui? Do I have that correctly-LOL! Never been to Maui, though like to learn about it! Kauai is my heart , probably for the rest of my life though! Did you get the opportunity to visit Kauai when visiting the islands?

Have a terrific day!

Warmly,

TropicalMermaid

Hello Everyone!

Thank you everybody for all your respectful & kind replies to me! I really appreciate your thoughtful replies, & I appreciate so far, I've felt safe for being open with my really personal experiences I've shared of my life in some of my posts-& that all of you have been sensitive towards me. I haven't received any negative judgement from anyone here-& that inspires me to continue to feel safe to be open & share my own personal experiences. Wasn't sure if I was going to post at all when I first joined the forum a week ago.. I guess I was willing to take the risk of negative judgement replies towards me-for the sake of my intention to inspire even just one person who would get something/s out of it, to let themselves love themselves again, or something positive for them.

I wanted to post this post today to say something to everyone here. I am hoping everyone that wants to or does reply to me on this forum in the past or future will hopefully read this.

I have a very busy life, so unfortunately I can't guarantee when I'll get back replying to people. I regret to say I can't guarantee for certain.

Please do know I never intend to ignore, disrespect, uncare, or unappreciate any of you, or your thoughtful messages/replies! I understand that is you choosing to generously share your own thoughts-& your precious time & energy from your own busy lives!

I guess what I hate to say, but need to say, is that if with my busy life, & let's say in the future I get a ton of messages-I might not be able to reply back to every message to all of you!:(

I'll do my best to remember that each of you all have your own important, busy lives, & might not be able to reply to get back to me right away-or at all.

Thank you to everyone here -that you are giving me what I was hoping for when I signed up ,& that is receiving emotional support on my choice to save physical intimacy for marriage.

Please just know that I don't take this forum, or any one of you-your presence on this forum, your sharing yourself on your posts, your kindnesses, or your thoughtful replies for granted !

Mahalo:)

Blessings,

TropicalMermaid