Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Natureboy

Do you believe in Soulmates?

9 posts in this topic

Well...I still believe God has a specific man out there for me (maybe not yet "a man" lol) The thing is, God already knows our future. If one day you meet,date,marry,grow old with, and die with Your husband how could that not have been "the one"-well if God blessed it. Anyways I still believe God has a specific plan for my life including who I will marry.

2 people like this

i have always believed that soulmates are those your soul really hits perfectly with - filial love and romantic love...   best friends and best love's...   men or women...   it's the people who feed your soul and who know your thought and perspective w/o having to be told they're that in tune with who you are and who you want to be... and they know they have a role in that.

5 people like this

I believe in soul mates! There is always that one person that stands out from the whole crowd. 

1 person likes this

Let's say I have to marry Katie. It's God's plan that I marry her, she's my "soulmate". Well I screw up and marry Taylor instead. Well a guy named Brian was meant to marry Taylor, but since I married her Brian now has to marry another woman. The "wrong" woman.

My decision not to marry my "soulmate" Katie ultimately would set off an infinite chain of reactions resulting in everyone marrying the wrong person and leading to a black hole and humanities demise. Okay maybe it won't be that bad.

I believe that there are people God wants me to be with. Not just one person, b/c God knows I might mess up. 

In my opinion I do believe that I will have a soul mate one day, but that soul mate is ultimately not the only potential soul mate in my life. I'm not saying I'm gonna have multiple marriages, just saying that there's more than one woman out there that would be a perfect match for me.

5 people like this

In a way, I would kind of hope there is no such thing as soul mates since if they were real very, very few people would ever meet their's. In a world where there are 3.5 billion people of the opposite sex, finding that one person would rarely happen. Considering most people marry someone who lives close by and I assume there is a relatively fair amount of happy marriages, I tend to think either there is no such thing as them or people don't need to find their soulmate in order to have a happy marriage.

1 person likes this

In a way, I would kind of hope there is no such thing as soul mates since if they were real very, very few people would ever meet their's. In a world where there are 3.5 billion people of the opposite sex, finding that one person would rarely happen. Considering most people marry someone who lives close by and I assume there is a relatively fair amount of happy marriages, I tend to think either there is no such thing as them or people don't need to find their soulmate in order to have a happy marriage.

Though you're forgetting about divine intervention. Usually if you believe in soul mates, you believe that divine intervention is involved in order to meet that particular person (people?) 

I certainly do not. I believe in cultivation, not instant, perfect compatibility; a truly satisfying relationship takes effort and growth.