Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrueLoveWaitsAlways

Being Single

19 posts in this topic

The holidays are coming up, in which I love Thanksgiving & Christmas, but I always get depressed during this time of year because I'm single. It really sucks because I want to spoil a guy that loves me. I want to put my poetry/songs to use, I want to cuddle of the couch & watch Christmas movies. & with every year that passes and it doesn't happen I just get more depressed. Not to long ago I declared I wanted to be happy in my single state, but is so hard especially at my age being single, not to mention my birthday is in December so that's like oh boy another year older, no future husband in sight...😔😔😔 This year hasn't been all that great for me anyways, so I'm praying 2014 will be a better year. It's really hard being single during the holidays, I don't like that part, but I guess I'm with my family so that's cool. I guess. I've tried online dating sites, but I'm really not 100% keen on them, so I would delete my online profile after a few days on it. I just want to meet my future husband sometime soon. I know it's in God's timing, I secretly pray it's soon. Because as much as I love the holiday movies, the majority of them are about finding love, I want to find my love this season too.ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜˜

7 people like this

I think it's really romantic that you have poetry for your future husband. I have a few short poems myself.

No need to fear, Weapon X is here! If you are in dire need of someone to spoil then why not spoil me? I live on 1234 Futuregreathusband Lane, Queen City, North Carolina! It would really be romantic if you sent me a cold air intake for my 3.0L 240hp V6 VTEC!

Lol seriously though keep doing what you're doing. It's really romantic and there are guys out there who will love it that you have poetry for them that was created before y'all even met.

God Bless!

4 people like this

Just find other hobbies that keep you occupied and PRETEND TO ENJOY being single.

I posted a funny photo about me being single and loving it and two days later I get a date and am planning on seeing another gal as well. LOL

Edit: Nvm, she seems to be leading me on and is immature. Did me a favor so I wont show up. Better, more mature girls out there.

2 people like this

I know you will find him and I hope it is soon. I know what you mean though. It gets discouraging but it will get better.

I am the same as I do get down when Christmas comes around I'm still single but I enjoy the season as much as I can like putting the decorations and tree up. Enjoy the time i still have with my family. Go out and just have a great night out.

1 person likes this

TrueLoveWaits, oh how I totally understand where you are coming from!! I remember my single days prior to meeting my now husband. Man, Holidays seem to be the worst time when the realization of being single and a waiter suddenly dawns on you. Actually, though, I always loved and enjoyed being single for most of my lifetime and never truely longed to be with someone until I got heartbroken but I still tried to make the best of it, even though it was quite hard. What I did was during the Holidays, I planned stuff with my family like baking and cooking and suprise parties and I prayed about it and was hopeful then sometime later my husband came into my life and I'm still baking and cooking away! Just keep hanging in there and enjoy where you are now because now that I am married I can't just drive to my parents and start baking and play with my baby nephew. I am a wife and have different family obligations now. Having a significant other does have its perks but single totally does too! Enjoy where you are at in your life now because you're missing out on peace and joy and your are your own CEO of your life♥ Embrace it and make it the best cus it fliessssssss!!! ~Love & Blessings~

4 people like this

I would be lying if I said it doesn't suck because it really does. I have never experienced having a boyfriend or anything like that. Sometimes it really does get discouraging. But I know we will find that person we just have to keep hoping.

I don't mind being single, but I don't like not knowing if I will ever find the type of girl I'm looking for.

@onehandsomefella

I loved that movie, too.

The only thing that´s a little bit of a bummer to me in those romantic movies, is that the couples almost always have sex after only some couple of dates. Sometimes it takes so much away from the "romantic aspect" of a movie. To me at least.

SPOILER ALERT:

When I remember it right, the couple in this movie also had sex after their first date (well, sort of first date, because she couldn´t remember him, but he knew who she was...).

It doesn´t exactly ruined the movie for me (I don´t have anything against sex in movies, in general), but it´s always like: Dang, it would be so cool, if they´ve waited at least a little bit longer to get in bed and not already after some days or hours they´ve spend together....but maybe that´s just me and you guys don´t care at all about this stuff.

2 people like this

The holidays are coming up, in which I love Thanksgiving & Christmas, but I always get depressed during this time of year because I'm single. It really sucks because I want to spoil a guy that loves me. I want to put my poetry/songs to use, I want to cuddle of the couch & watch Christmas movies. & with every year that passes and it doesn't happen I just get more depressed. Not to long ago I declared I wanted to be happy in my single state, but is so hard especially at my age being single, not to mention my birthday is in December so that's like oh boy another year older, no future husband in sight... This year hasn't been all that great for me anyways, so I'm praying 2014 will be a better year. It's really hard being single during the holidays, I don't like that part, but I guess I'm with my family so that's cool. I guess. I've tried online dating sites, but I'm really not 100% keen on them, so I would delete my online profile after a few days on it. I just want to meet my future husband sometime soon. I know it's in God's timing, I secretly pray it's soon. Because as much as I love the holiday movies, the majority of them are about finding love, I want to find my love this season too.

You have my utmost sympathy

1 person likes this

Thanks, its reminds me of the time traveler's wife because of Rachel McAdams. I did also like the 40 year old virgin. Very funny but is true in some sense.

@onehandsomefella

I loved that movie, too.

The only thing that´s a little bit of a bummer to me in those romantic movies, is that the couples almost always have sex after only some couple of dates. Sometimes it takes so much away from the "romantic aspect" of a movie. To me at least.

SPOILER ALERT:

When I remember it right, the couple in this movie also had sex after their first date (well, sort of first date, because she couldn´t remember him, but he knew who she was...).

It doesn´t exactly ruined the movie for me (I don´t have anything against sex in movies, in general), but it´s always like: Dang, it would be so cool, if they´ve waited at least a little bit longer to get in bed and not already after some days or hours they´ve spend together....but maybe that´s just me and you guys don´t care at all about this stuff.

Yeah, we Brits are strong and tough. I just wish I had the ability to travel back in time.

Dang, it would be so cool, if they´ve waited at least a little bit longer to get in bed and not already after some days or hours they´ve spend together....but maybe that´s just me and you guys don´t care at all about this stuff.

1 person likes this

Hey TLWA,

I can also relate with the holiday blues too. I remmember walking into a diner on a Valentine's Day, by myself, and the waitress says to me, " Why are you by yourself, it's Valentine's Day." lol. However, I also find it romantic that you write poetry and songs. Keep doing those things that make you happy and one day I'm sure your future husband will be woed by them. He will be attracted to the unique you. Hang in there, :).

1 person likes this

Hey TLWA,

I can also relate with the holiday blues too. I remmember walking into a diner on a Valentine's Day, by myself, and the waitress says to me, " Why are you by yourself, it's Valentine's Day." lol. However, I also find it romantic that you write poetry and songs. Keep doing those things that make you happy and one day I'm sure your future husband will be woed by them. He will be attracted to the unique you. Hang in there, :).

I can't believe the waitress said that to you! That would be so awkward. Valentine's day has always been really hard for me. It's hard to see the couples holding hands and being romantic when I  have never experienced that. It seems like I never will. In a way I am glad I am not the only person who feels like this but I wish you would all find someone too.

I can't believe the waitress said that to you! That would be so awkward. Valentine's day has always been really hard for me. It's hard to see the couples holding hands and being romantic when I have never experienced that. It seems like I never will. In a way I am glad I am not the only person who feels like this but I wish you would all find someone too.

Yes, that situation was awkward. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels this longing.
1 person likes this

Right now I love being single, there is so much freedom noone to answer to, and you can keep your happy days without someone bringing you down (not saying all relationships are that way). Right now im enjoying myself I dont want to be single forever but until I meet Mr. Right I will continue to enjoy life, have fun, a work on being a better person. On V-day dont be sad, surround yourselves with people who love and support you, appreciate them, appreciate the life you have. Sometimes it can be hard because of the pressure society puts on us about sex and relationships but there's nothing wrong with being single so enjoy it :)

1 person likes this

Aww I feel the same way sometimes. Mine are always short and at the moment like oh wouldn't that be nice to share this moment with the man I love and then I'd just be like Ahh forget it lol. It's so easy to feel these moments I know. You're not alone! *hugs* It's great you have a family to do baking and things! I think what helps me get over it is remembering that yes I am not alone, I have family and friends who are irreplaceable and that is why even though I feel it for a moment I realize I am still surrounded by loved ones. Someone who is as fun and loving as you are and who is able to express themselves in poetry will definitely make a guy lucky!