waitinginsocal

Hello from Southern California

21 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

After my first serious relationship ended, I've been abstinent for over 10 years and want to wait for marriage before being intimate with someone. I think it's great that there is a community to help and encourage those who are waiting. It's not easy but it is definitely nice not having to worry about unwanted pregnancy, STDs and the emotional pain that can be caused when being intimate with someone and things don't work out. Congrats to all of you who are waiting.

For hobbies I enjoy hiking, bike riding, basketball, working on cars and seeing live music. If anyone is near Southern California and would like to meetup just send me a message.

Thanks,

John

post-29245-0-52387400-1382463087_thumb.j

1 person likes this

welcome to the site - and welcome to a place where you can share that perspective - that waiting is indeed worth waiting for :-).

I'm in socal too... there are a few of us on here...   but i'm the other end of the spectrum...   a grown-up dad of 3 who waited (successfully and happily)...

welcome John.

1 person likes this

Welcome John! That's great that you were able to wait for so long! Why did you decide to WTM?  Hope you enjoy your time on here! Awesome bunch♥

Hey John,

Welcome to the site! It's great to hear you are waiting till marriage. I'm also from socal too. I hope you find the encouragement and support you deserve on here :) .

Velcome to the site!! (Yeah, I said that like count Dracula) :)

Bela Lugosi's version, I hope.

Welcome to the site! This isn't a dating site, tbh, it's more of a support site for fellow waiters until marriage. Hope you enjoy your time here :) .

1 person likes this

Hey John,

Welcome to the site! It's great to hear you are waiting till marriage. I'm also from socal too. I hope you find the encouragement and support you deserve on here :) .

I keep reading "socal" as "social" and I'm sitting her wondering what "social" is. Is it a website I don't know about? Then it hits me, "ohhh... Southern California" lol

3 people like this

Haha, it's common that people call Southern California as SoCal. The cities between central Florida and Miami iis called the treasure coast.

I keep reading "socal" as "social" and I'm sitting her wondering what "social" is. Is it a website I don't know about? Then it hits me, "ohhh... Southern California" lol

Haha, nice one Nicole :) . I  become confused, sometimes, between NoCal (Northern California) and SoCal (Southern California) once in a while and I'm from California :D . You are not alone.

1 person likes this

Haha, sorry for the confusion, maybe I should've just made it "waitinginCalifornia".

Haha, sorry for the confusion, maybe I should've just made it "waitinginCalifornia".

No, your fine. I'm just being silly. :)

Howdy John

Welcome to the site/community, congrats on your journey of abstinence.

I'm Next Door practically, up the 15 in Vegas, by the way!

1 person likes this

Socal! More of my people :) I'm new to the site as well, but happy to meet people who get me! Lol