Dasboy1

post about posts

11 posts in this topic

Okay so lately I've realizer my grammar is horrible on here. I would like to apologize for any misunderstandings sometimes. I am not slow I just use my phone and auto correct takes over, also the letters are more difficult for me to hit, that is all thanks for reading my useless posts about posts.

5 people like this

Auto correct annoys me as well. Sometimes I will be typing and while I type I'll think of a word but never type it. So I constantly find myself correcting what I typed cuz I thought of the word but never typed it. I wonder if this happens to anyone else.

1 person likes this

Don't worry, Dasboy. I think most people have low expectations for grammar in web communications. When I see a grammar/spelling error online, I usually assume it's a result of the fast-replying nature of the medium, not the person's abilities. 

Lately, I've been trying to force myself to re-read everything I type (from the beginning) one time before hitting Send/Post/Reply. It feels like a colossal inconvenience ("Urgh...I can just click send. I don't have to reread it, it'll be fine. I don't have time to proofread right now."), but it rarely takes more than 30 seconds, and I always catch at least one error. 

Oddly, this habit hasn't made me hate autocorrect any less. But at least I catch autocorrect errors before I send them now.  :D

4 people like this

Pffftttt as you will see I have the same problem. I think it gives our posts more character :D

2 people like this

Hey I have to put up with your odd spelling too. I have to watch the barefoot contessa to work out half you chaps say. Ha ha .

And then she puts into the pot some erbs ????

But joking aside old chap its what you mean that makes sense and good on you.

All the best. Col.

Pffftttt as you will see I have the same problem. I think it gives our posts more character :D

Welll messin uuup thaa tiping sertintly duz make yor posts mor unik!

2 people like this

Maybe I'm weird. I re-read everything I post on the internet 3 or 4 times before and after posting. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to grammar and wording. It helps that I don't have a mobile device or anything with autocorrect.

4 people like this

What are you tlaking abuot? I never make any errrors.

2 people like this