Roy

Joint bedroom or separate bedrooms ?

23 posts in this topic

Personally, when I get married, I wish separate bedrooms.

I think it's very important to have privacy even in marriage.

Who would wish to go poop or pee in the restroom with their spouse at the same time?

And it's not because we would not love each other,

it's because we would need some privacy to do it.

I think it would be extremely suffocating to share a bedroom 24/7 with my future spouse. And I need to decorate it my way, not as a kind of " unisex " decoration. And my wife could decorate her room the way she would want.

And it would bring some spice in the conjugal life, we would still " date " each other, and we would never get bored to meet together. Sleeping in the same bed in the same room all life long ?

No way !

I don't care what hollywood and the vatican teaches about marriage, and

there is a lot of brainwashing crooks among them ! And I'm a movie and series lover though. 

I would have my own room, she would have her own room, we decide with certain codes when we date and meet together, I could do anything I want in my room and still be I,

she could do anything she wants in her room and still be she !

Most people see separate bedrooms in marriage as a dreadful heresy, but what most people don't know is that same bedroom policy just happened recently in human history, 

thanks to the brainwashing crooks in hollywood and the vatican!

Am I the only one who would want separate bedrooms in marriage here ?

Or do you know married couples who successfully do it ?

What's your opinion on this ?

Having separate rooms doesn't sound like a marriage, it sounds like “roommates-with-benefits†arrangement. What you described doesn't seem like an intimate marriage, then again I might be brainwashed.  

1 person likes this

Yeh I'm getting married not saying "I do" to my new roommate. Some people do have space issues but the majority of people share a bed bathroom etc. that's another "new" thing that happens when two people get married-you can room with anyone all you want but it's a lot more special (IMO) to share a space with your SO in marriage.

3 people like this

Mmmmh, time to have some fun.

Did I say : " people who want to share a bed are brainwashed " ? Thanks a lot for distorting what I wrote !

Essentially yes, you did. You stated that people only recently started to share a bedroom due to Hollywood and the Vatican brainwashing them. This implies that if people are sharing a bed, it's due to brainwashing on the part of those two parties. As even if they've never watched a Hollywood movie, or listened to the Vatican, they still only share a bed because they're not aware they have the option not to, as everyone else is doing it due to the aforementioned brainwashing.

Why ? Because most people do it, or because you truly want to do it ? What if we were living in a different world where the general rule for married couples was separate bedrooms ? Would you still make the same choice ?

Well I can't speak for mark obviously. However in my case, it's because I want to feel the warmth of my wife next to me every night as I fall asleep. To know that beside me is the one person I can rely on and trust above all else. To be able to lean over and whisper sweet words of my love for her in her ear. To hold her on the nights she's feeling down. And of course on some nights I'd like to think we can have some fun before we fall asleep *grins*.

That's your personal opinion, but you said yourself you're brainwashed, not I.

Not sure if you're being serious here. Might I introduce you to some conspiracy theorists I know?

Anyways, I personally will be sleeping in the same room as my wife, the spare bedroom will be the guest and eventually kids room.

Then again, I might just be brainwashed ;)

7 people like this

I want to share the same bedroom with my hubsylove. Sleeping alone in marriage would feel very weird. That might suit for some people but it is not something I personally want. Being close with my husband is important. If my husband prefer to sleep alone I would feel offended. I want my husband to be the final thing each day I see before falling asleep, and also the first thing I'll see when I wake up.  

2 people like this

There was a time when I thought about separate bedrooms, but nah, same bedroom for me. It wouldn't be "suffocating to share a bedroom 24/7" because we won't be there 24/7 (and we won't be prone to suffocating each other either; why would I marry a person like that?). If we both really do need our space, then we can have other rooms in the house to spend time alone. We share a bed, though. And ideally, it'd be awesome to marry someone with whom I can share or at least appreciate hobbies. Maybe we can lie on the bed and game together late into the night; I can lull her to sleep with my piano, etc.

Well I can't speak for mark obviously. However in my case, it's because I want to feel the warmth of my wife next to me every night as I fall asleep. To know that beside me is the one person I can rely on and trust above all else. To be able to lean over and whisper sweet words of my love for her in her ear. To hold her on the nights she's feeling down. And of course on some nights I'd like to think we can have some fun before we fall asleep *grins*.  So essentially, you think couples  with separate bedrooms couldn't share great moments of intimacy as well ?

Essentially, he gave an answer to your question and listed reasons for his answer. Sheesh.

This is the wrong site to be accusing people of going with the flow of society.

3 people like this

Yep Sane bedroom, we will not spend every second in bed. I want to wine and dine my wife. Take put to concerts, art galleries etc. Hopefully we just be sleeping and on occasions such as birthday, having sex

There was a time when I thought about separate bedrooms, but nah, same bedroom for me. It wouldn't be "suffocating to share a bedroom 24/7" because we won't be there 24/7 (and we won't be prone to suffocating each other either; why would I marry a person like that?). If we both really do need our space, then we can have other rooms in the house to spend time alone. We share a bed, though. And ideally, it'd be awesome to marry someone with whom I can share or at least appreciate hobbies. Maybe we can lie on the bed and game together late into the night; I can lull her to sleep with my pianos..

there is a lot of brainwashing crooks among them ! And I'm a movie and series lover though. 

[...]

Most people see separate bedrooms in marriage as a dreadful heresy, but what most people don't know is that same bedroom policy just happened recently in human history, 

What the heck is it with you and the Vatican? Also, what does the Vatican even have to do with sharing a bedroom? There is not a single Church document that says a married couple have to share a bedroom together! The Church has never taught that you have to share a bedroom! How the heck are the Vatican trying to blackmail you into sharing a bedroom with your wife?

[deep breath...]

xxx

5 people like this

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with a married couple having separate bedrooms. It's not for me, but it's totally cool if anyone wants to do that and I support their decision.

2 people like this

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with a married couple having separate bedrooms. It's not for me, but it's totally cool if anyone wants to do that and I support their decision.

I think it's important to note (before anything gets out of hand) that no one here has a problem with married couples having separate bedrooms. It's the accusations of brainwashing that is causing the responses.

Also he pushed Jegsy's berserk button. We don't talk about the Vatican in that way around here *Huddles in a corner to escape Jegsy's wrath*

5 people like this

Personally, when I get married, I wish separate bedrooms.

I think it's very important to have privacy even in marriage.

Who would wish to go poop or pee in the restroom with their spouse at the same time?

And it's not because we would not love each other,

it's because we would need some privacy to do it.

I think it would be extremely suffocating to share a bedroom 24/7 with my future spouse. And I need to decorate it my way, not as a kind of " unisex " decoration. And my wife could decorate her room the way she would want.

And it would bring some spice in the conjugal life, we would still " date " each other, and we would never get bored to meet together. Sleeping in the same bed in the same room all life long ?

No way !

I would have my own room, she would have her own room, we decide with certain codes when we date and meet together, I could do anything I want in my room and still be I,

she could do anything she wants in her room and still be she !

Am I the only one who would want separate bedrooms in marriage here ?

Or do you know married couples who successfully do it ?

What's your opinion on this ?

I'm all for separate bathrooms (if you can afford it) and separate office spaces. But separate bedrooms? Not so much. But I respect that you want something else. :)

Personally, as someone who really struggles from insomnia, I sleep best when with people I love. Even more than sex (like, a lot more than sex), I am looking forward to sleeping in the arms of the man I love in the winter. #bodyheat

Also he pushed Jegsy's berserk button. We don't talk about the Vatican in that way around here *Huddles in a corner to escape Jegsy's wrath*

post-319-0-68899200-1382221558_thumb.jpg

xxx

3 people like this

I believe that having some alone time in a marriage is important but i don't believe in keeping anything private. I wouldn't want to sleep in different beds but i like the idea of having a room for yourself. I've had this discussion with a guy who says that he wants to have a sort of "man cave" in his house where he would have gym equipment and a giant tv to watch sports games with his buds, which i am completely fine with just as long as i get my own room that's like a spa where i can soak in a hot tub with my girls and talk away. But separate bedrooms? no thanks

2 people like this

Ummm...okay :huh:! Have separate bedrooms if you want, whatever. But, while I'm no expert at all, I actually thought only the very wealthy could afford to have separate bedrooms until fairly recently in history, but maybe that was because they also tended to not marry for love :mellow:. I have also heard that marrying for love is also a fairly recent change for the reason people get married. And, what does sharing a bedroom have to do with going to the bathroom :unsure:.

I can't wait to share a bedroom with my husband :)!

I have been Catholic my whole life and have never heard anyone say anything about a married couple sharing a bedroom, btw.

4 people like this

Same bedroom for me. I can't wait to share a room and a bed with my husband, especially on cold winter nights!

2 people like this

I will be sleeping with my wife plan and simple, no question to me that's more what I'm looking forward to when I get married more than sex. I literally would like to sleep with my wife.

3 people like this

I can't wait to snuggle with my hubby in our SHARED bed. 

3 people like this

Joint. Call me lazy, but I don't want to walk to the next room to give my wife a good morning kiss. I want her right next to me.

7 people like this