Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maia Alexiou

Hi! I'm Maia :)

17 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I'm Maia and I'm 17 years old from Scotland!

I have been having conflicting emotions regarding the toppic of waiting until marriage simply due to my friends pressurising me! I've always thought i would wait but now i wonder if i'm weird and old fashioned. Will a guy wait until we get married? Is there any that would, because i sure as hell dont know any!?!

I need some guidance, advice and support.

Help?

Thanks,

Maia xxxx

Hi Maia!

I know it can be reaaalllly difficult! I'm 21 and in college and it's everywhere. I luckily have a few close friends who agree with me on that and it helps to restore my faith and confidence. Some people just want to wait for a serious relationship; but I honestly can't see THAT initimate happening unless they guy is in for the long haul =/

Welcome Maia to this wonderful site and let me just say I'm like in love w/ur name, lol. What's the origin of your name: French? Gaelic? etc.?

We have another member from Scotland who is 17 as well I think, so you may meet her here.

Yes, waiting till marriage can feel like a burden, but that's what this site is for :) . It's to help us all by meeting people from around the world and seeing that there are still a PLETHORA of people who have this ideal in mind and seek to pursue it. It is not old-fashioned nor is it impossible/unattainable. And there are plenty of guy waiters, because as you can see, there are plenty of guys on this site (me included ;) ).

Although there are about 15-20 of us who are regular viewers to this site and participate in the forums frequently, there are over 500 members in total!!! That is a huge amount of individuals who have this ideal and goal of waiting. So, I hope you enjoy ur time here, and meet many new friends, who will help you on your way and not let you fall to the peer pressure. We're all here for each other :) !

Welcome, Maia!

Cool you're from Scotland! As Mark mentioned, you should totally hang out with our other 17-year-old Scottish member, Jegsy Scarr. ;)

Don't worry, waiting gets way easier after High School.

Also: You ARE weird and old-fashioned, but that also makes you unique. :P

Maia, how are you? I'm really glad you were able to find and join this site! That is a step in the right direction. I want to say, first of all, that you are not weird or old-fashioned because at the end of the day it's your physical and emotional being that will have to deal with giving yourself to someone, not your friends. You have something they can never get back, hold on to it♥ I understand how you feel, though cus it does get pretty lonely however there is a very supportive crowd here that can keep you encouraged and back you up! Well take care and welcome!

I have been having conflicting emotions regarding the toppic of waiting until marriage simply due to my friends pressurising me! I've always thought i would wait but now i wonder if i'm weird and old fashioned. Will a guy wait until we get married?

Welcome! Glad you joined.

I admire you for not caving in to the pressures of your friend. Too many people lose their virginity as a result of insecurity or the need to "fit in".

Of course there are guys who will wait! Simply by joining this site you'll see that there are men out there who are waiting.

Ditto on the old fashioned comment. I myself have felt that I was sometimes born at the wrong time, but being old fashioned can be cool and healthy :D

Hi everyone :)

I cannot express how happy i am to have read your replies. You have all made me see that i have chosen the right path and that i can do it because there are others like me!

In answer to your question Mark my name is Greek. Maia originally meant "Dreams" but is now said to mean "Great" -either way i'm not fussed :P

Thanks so much guys, you have no idea how much i appreciate your advice and support. Your kindness will not be forgotten <3

Maia xxxxx

Hey Maia!

Oh, well this is great! Nice to meet you, Maia! And here's me thinking I'm the only one over here who's waiting...

I've always thought i would wait but now i wonder if i'm weird and old fashioned.

Yeah, I felt like that too. This site's great for reminding you that you're not the only one...Also, nothing wrong with being old fashioned! Or weird, for that matter. I know that I'm pretty weird myself... :lol:

Will a guy wait until we get married? Is there any that would, because i sure as hell dont know any!?!

Same here. Sometimes it seems like there are no decent guys, only idiots. But there must be some somewhere. I mean, there's some on here, for a start! :lol:

Thanks so much guys, you have no idea how much i appreciate your advice and support. Your kindness will not be forgotten <3

Aww, that's sweet! We'll do whatever we can to help you out if you ever need us.

So...you're still at High School? Sixth year? What are you hoping to do after you leave? I'm hoping to go to Uni and study English Literature. I just got my UCAS form filled out...did well in my Highers, so I'm hoping I'll get into the course I want...

Anyway, nice to meet you! It'll be nice to talk to another Scot about...em...current affairs and...the weather and...Irn Bru. These Americans will never understand Irn Bru.

xxx

Hey Jegsy :)

Yeah i'm in sixth year too! I'm planning on studying maths at Uni, hopefully anyway! :P

You're so sweet btw, I hope we'll be good online buds ;)

Oh and can I ask, "Jegsy"? It's soooo cool, wish I could have an awesome nickname!

Maia xxxx

hi luv, welcome to the site, I'm new on here myself Im 26 and still have my V-card. High school can be tough and college was like an orgy with cliff notes. when it came to guys who wanted to take it to the bedroom, I found the word NO to be very powerful, and if he said that he really liked me or its sex or goodbye, the word NO also separated the boys from the men. How grown up are you if you cant control yourself? And how badly do you really want to get to know me if you are willing to end a relationship because sex is not involved. From what I hear...sex only last about 5 minutes. You cant get to know someone in five minutes! anywho, I came across some new comebacks for old come ons when I was in High School, they helped me, hopefully they can help you too.

"Everybody's doing it"

Really? Then you shouldn't have any problem finding somebody else.

"You are so special"

Too special to waste my virginity on you :)

"I love you"

Great...but love doesn't equal sex".

"Don't worry, ill use protection".

You're gonna need some protection if you don't get off me".

"You don't know what you are missing".

Just the fear, the guilt, the heartache, the diseases, the pregnancy...need I go on?.

"But I'm clean, I promise".

And I'm gonna stay clean because of MY promise to myself!!!

"You've done it before, why quit?

Because I can. Because I'm worth it...because you're not.

"Nothing bad's gonna happen, trust me".

That's right, because nothing's gonna happen.

"You're still a virgin? What are you waiting for?"

My wedding night. I don't need to practice with you to get it right :)

I hope these help hun

Anyway, nice to meet you! It'll be nice to talk to another Scot about...em...current affairs and...the weather and...Irn Bru. These Americans will never understand Irn Bru.

xxx

You just made me google "Irn Bru" :D ! Since we're naming regional soft drink companies, let me name-drop one from the West Indies, "Busta"!

Welcome Maia,

Happy to meet you. I do understand your concern about a whether or not a man will wait for you. I have had similar concerns myself. What I'm in the process of learning, right now, about my choice is that it has more to do with me & my spiritual beliefs than it does with any potential boyfriend (& their decision to wait or not). What I mean by that is that my virginity is a gift to me. I gift myself with the privilege of spending my first time with someone who loved me enough to make a commitment & someone that I loved enough to commit to. For me, it's about sharing, not giving. The gift is to me. I will share it with them. I wish you the best in your journey...& just remember, that no matter what you decide to do, do it for you & no other human being because you are the one who will live with the choice.

Hi again...

Yeah i'm in sixth year too! I'm planning on studying maths at Uni, hopefully anyway!

Sounds good! Maths isn't really my thing, but one of my friends is planning to study accounting...which is sort of maths, I suppose...

You're so sweet btw, I hope we'll be good online buds

Oh and can I ask, "Jegsy"? It's soooo cool, wish I could have an awesome nickname!

Thanks! I came up with it about...6, 7 years ago. It's not a nickname exactly: no one really calls me it. I just use it online as a pseudonym, of sorts. "Jegsy" comes from my initials, "Scarr" from the fact that I split my head open when I was 2...actually, it's not as cool a name once you break it down like that!

Technically, I also have a pseudonym middle name, for whenever I require one. It's just as bizarre as the rest of my name...10 points...no, 100 points and some virtual cake for anyone who guesses it! But you won't get it, it's too random...

You just made me google "Irn Bru" ! Since we're naming regional soft drink companies, let me name-drop one from the West Indies, "Busta"!

Yeah, I just googled Busta! I'd never heard of it before...don't think they sell it here...

You won't have tried Irn-Bru in the US, because it's banned. One of the colourings in it is illegal over there. So...if you ever come to the UK, you'll have to try it. Although...I did hear that they were going to use an alternative colouring in the US so they could sell it over there...have you ever seen it?

Fun Irn-Bru Fact #1 : Scotland is the only country in the world where the most popular soft drink is not Coca Cola or a drink owned by Coca Cola. The most popular soft drink is, of course, Barr's Irn-Bru.

xxx

P.S. I added in the hyphen to "Irn-Bru", because it looks better...

Oh, and at the risk of turning this thread into a thread about why Irn-Bru is cool, I thought you might like this ad. They've always been famous for their tv adverts, and I rather like this one...

Waitn4myprince - Thanks, i giggled quite a bit reading your comment! :P

And wow that's so cool Jegsy, wanna have a go at making me one? ;)

Maia xxxxx

Hi everybody,

I'm Maia and I'm 17 years old from Scotland!

I have been having conflicting emotions regarding the toppic of waiting until marriage simply due to my friends pressurising me! I've always thought i would wait but now i wonder if i'm weird and old fashioned. Will a guy wait until we get married? Is there any that would, because i sure as hell dont know any!?!

I need some guidance, advice and support.

Help?

Thanks,

Maia xxxx

Whoa, Scotland?! Cool! Anyways, I'm an 18-year-old girl, so I now exactly how you feel. I have always worried that the guys I like won't wait for me. However, waiting until marriage is not old-fashioned. It certain countries it is no longer the common practice, but in many countries around the world it is still the main - and sometimes the only - way to live. if you truly feel very uncomfortable with the idea, you can always just wait until true love outside of marriage. Do what feels right, and as you get older you will gain the confidence to no longer allow people around you to pressure you. :)

"Everybody's doing it"

Really? Then you shouldn't have any problem finding somebody else.

"You are so special"

Too special to waste my virginity on you :)

"I love you"

Great...but love doesn't equal sex".

"Don't worry, ill use protection".

You're gonna need some protection if you don't get off me".

"You don't know what you are missing".

Just the fear, the guilt, the heartache, the diseases, the pregnancy...need I go on?.

"But I'm clean, I promise".

And I'm gonna stay clean because of MY promise to myself!!!

"You've done it before, why quit?

Because I can. Because I'm worth it...because you're not.

"Nothing bad's gonna happen, trust me".

That's right, because nothing's gonna happen.

"You're still a virgin? What are you waiting for?"

My wedding night. I don't need to practice with you to get it right :)

I hope these help hun

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love these so much! Why oh why didn't I find these earlier on in my life? Awesome, just awesome. Thanks for posting these!