MissTO

What are you majoring in?

37 posts in this topic

for all those current or past college/ university students who are waiting, i'm just curious to know what you are majoring in? I'm majoring in information technology any one else majoring in the same thing?

1 person likes this

I'm majoring in Criminal Justice. If I become a cop, I'll be one of a kind. If you ask me, law enforcement is not the type of field one would find many virgins in. It's pretty manly and hardcore, but I can display that persona while still valuing purity. So I should be fine. My colleagues would probably find out pretty quick.

Majored in programming and website deign in my BSc and majored in networkingin my MSc. love the my knowledge of computing. Been interested in computing and tech since I was young. Hope to fin a job in information technology but still no luck. If the Job in IT doesn't work out I might become a doctor, lawyer or another professional in networking

1 person likes this

I will be majoring in either Diagnostic Sonography or Radiography or Exercise Science or Nursing :D

1 person likes this

Good luck, I didn't know there was a degree in exercise science. Radiography ans sonography is a better degree. You can be a radiologist or get a good paying job in the medical field. P.S the NHS in the uk does have a lot of Americans who are working in the NHS because it has a little better pay

I will be majoring in either Diagnostic Sonography or Radiography or Exercise Science or Nursing :D

I'm majoring in Fisheries & Wildlife. Hoping to be a park ranger or a fish biologist.

3 people like this

Even though Im not majoring in anything yet.. I wanted to Major in Nursing or something medical. But now I'm not sure, I don't have much experience with things related to that, so I've been looking at the field of Law. I loved the Law classes I took. I also love cars and the idea of working on them, but I have a while before I need to decide, I'm only in highschool, ill find something.

I can always be a promiscuous drug dealer if nothing else works out, that'd be fun! :P

2 people like this

Karthik, you can major in any subject and apply to med school and end up being a good paying Radiologist :) just wanted to mention that there are several routesto get there. Im so excited! ! Thanks for sharing! TO this might be a dumb question but what exactly does IT involve? Like what kind of careers?

2 people like this

Did software engineering and computer science at university of surrey. IT involves many careers from programming , network admin to web deign. http://www.prospects.ac.uk/types_of_jobs_information_technology.htm

Radiologist is a great career. Very respectful http://www.prospects.ac.uk/types_of_jobs_health.htm

NHS had many carreers and you can get visa for the job quickly. NHS is a better system than current system. It's a single payer system and I pay small contributions called National Insurance. Anyone who visits or lived in the uk can use the hospital and visit the doctor.

Karthik, you can major in any subject and apply to med school and end up being a good paying Radiologist :) just wanted to mention that there are several routesto get there. Im so excited! ! Thanks for sharing! TO this might be a dumb question but what exactly does IT involve? Like what kind of careers?

1 person likes this

I majored in Biochemistry at undergrad and Egyptology at postgrad!

3 people like this

@Cou Karthik basically answered your question. and all the major's you mentioned seem very interesting! 

1 person likes this

I majored in Social Work. I have my Bachelor's now but may go on to get my Masters in a few years. 

1 person likes this

Social work is very good career choice

The world need social workers

I would hold off on the masters. You can get some work and do the masters or go straight to a doctorate

I majored in Social Work. I have my Bachelor's now but may go on to get my Masters in a few years.

I'm in my second year of my English Literature course. Yay for books!

xxx

1 person likes this

I did English lit at school. Read Macbeth and Romero and Juliet

I'm in my second year of my English Literature course. Yay for books!

xxx

1 person likes this

I am in my first year in completing the prerequisites for nursing and seriously don't know how I will survive.

First Kudos HaitiGirl for joining 'arguably' the most caring profession in existence.

Its tough, but you can do it if you put your heart into it.

I've always loved the field as it pairs some of the brightest and intelligent with the most caring, good-natured folks.

You see a lot people don't understand how science, and math intensive Nursing is. But hey in Clinical rotations you'll enjoy some of it at least.

Anyhow to answer the question;

I'm obviously a "Murse" (Male Nurse)

I majored in Nursing with my undergrad.

I'm currently on a very part time basis working towards my graduate studies and eventually I'd like to do Advanced Practice Nursing, I.E. Nurse Practitioner or CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist).

For now though I'm working outside the field enjoying my "other" love, aviation.

So maybe I may just continue down this career path and open up a small practice someday down the road.

We'll see!

For now it's great to live the dream.

1 person likes this

Majored in Criminal Justice and forensic science. Minored in Bioinformatics and Business Administration

1 person likes this