Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sachico

What is Love?

16 posts in this topic

Here it is, the big question. What is love? What does it feel like? What does it look like? What does it taste, smell, and sound like? Why do we want it so badly?! Why do we sometimes put aside common sense and logic to make room for love? Why does love make you crazy? Love seems to control many other emotions; it elicits ecstasy, yet it can drive one to depression.

Over the last two years with my girlfriend, I learned much as the infatuation faded. I moved away to school in September and I ask myself everyday why I am still with a woman who I have to see on a schedule only a few times a month. She never had to sleep with me, bribe me, or "show me" anything to keep my loyalty. There are so many girls here, so many "fish in the sea" waiting for me, but I don't care. I only want whom I already have. 

For me, love means commitment. What does love mean to you?

1 person likes this

I believe that to be true love is not just a feeling but a choice, a commitment. I mean you can say you love someone all you want but if you don't back it up with actions like you said. I think it's a combination of that and several different thing attraction friendship all that.

1 person likes this

Being in love means that she will love you as you are warts and all. She does not want anything in return except maybe a little sex sometimes. You in return must love her regardless of her flaws and problems. Its a commitment for life. Its a race not a sprint

What is love?  Love has no boundaries.  Love is everything.  We humans can't live without love.  We are created with love inside us.  No matter how stone cold your heart is.. but somewhere deep in those heart chambers of you, you love/care for someone genuinely.  

Love is also a sacrifice.  You sacrifice your life and give your all for the person whom you love deeply.  You will do anything to keep your partner happy, to see her happy [or he if you're a woman].  And to support with all your might/strength.  

Love is also a passion.. because you want be with her / or him.  It's your life to be with the person whom you love and care for.

There is the love for God our creator.  [if you're religious]  There is love for your family, even for your friends.  And then you get the one whom you love.

1 Cor 13:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is LOVE."

5 people like this

Love is a score of zero in tennis...I think.

Lol, ok seriously, I think love is contentment and commitment. I know that you can't choose who to fall for, but I believe you can choose who to give your heart to. And that's the person you'll love.

3 people like this

What is love? It is that feeling in your gut that you would move heaven and earth to help your woman. It is that feeling in your gut that your life would be a tiny price to pay to save her life. It is that feeling of awe that happens every time you see her smile, and that feeling of dismay when you see disappointment cross her face.

I disagree that love is accepting all the flaw and imperfections. I believe it is the desire from both partners to improve, change, and adapt into an amazing couple, even if it means making minor changes for each other.

Love is not agreement. When I told my fiancée I preferred a tungsten steel wedding ring, she was furious, until she understood why. She thought I was being cheap and was devaluing our commitment. Now she understands I want a ring that is durable for work and play so I can wear it always. We have disagreements, arguments, and varying opinions, but underlying it all is that undying feeling that we would be less without the other.  

1 person likes this

Love is when you desire someone so much that he or she comes before yourself. You care about his or her well-being so much so that you sometimes make sacrifices in your life to make their's easier. 

Love is being selfless towards your spouse. Loving him or her even if you're in the middle of an argument. No matter what may be going on you'll always want them to be happy. Love is thinking about him or her first before doing anything that might hurt the relationship. 

Love is many things, but what love is not is seeing the other person as merely an individual who is here to satisfy your needs.

“Love” in a sense is the hardest thing possible to define because it carries within it all possibilities. Love is patient, love is kind, love is humble, love is protective, love is magical, love is friendship, love is trust, love is eternal bliss, love is unconditional and cannot be measured. Love is what binds people together….it demands the impossible as well as the absolute. The type of love that we all seek is one that connects two people in a sacred and unified link of trust, intimacy, and interdependence. A bond that comforts the soul and reaches into the furthest depths of our hearts to evoke from us something that is deep, intense, and unending. Love is more than just a feeling though, love is about compatibility, tolerance, friendship, and selflessness. It has to be about more than just emotions, more than just the light-headedness we experience when that person comes near us, or that sense of floating on clouds whenever we think about them. It has to be about the person’s personality, character, qualities, and ability to bring out the best in us. Real love should carry with it the desire to improve and enhance our significant others life by allowing that person to be themselves and accepting them as they are, and not who you want them to be.

Being in love entails seeing someone as you wish they were, while loving someone is seeing who they really are and still caring for them. Loving someone means not necessarily expecting it in return. Leo Buscaglia once wrote, “Love should always be bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly, and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love.” Love is one thing that never dies a natural death. It dies because of our arrogance and fool heartedness. It dies because of our blindness and betrayal. It dies of weariness, of withering, and our failure to appreciate everything for which it is based on. Love comes from a certain level of closeness and trust that you feel towards a person. You share your secrets and every detail of your life with them, and create a connection that makes you feel passionate and strengthens the bond you share.

You should find someone in your life in whose eyes you see the world, with whom you discover your soul, and with whom you discover the true essence of life, love, and trust.