Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joy Chuyaco

How will you know if she/ he is the one?

22 posts in this topic

Hello guys! i think it's just an interesting topic to talk about. It is a common question but i believe the answers are worth knowing. How will you know if he/she is the one?

1 person likes this

I used to have a good laugh with my cousin, since we're Chinese, we have said that once we can eat chicken feet in front of a guy then he is the one. because eating chicken feet means no poise because you keep on chewing and spitting out the bones hahahha. a guy who won't be turn off means that he accepts you. 

3 people like this

I heard its supposed to be stamped on their forehead.

hahahaa would it be like a stamp of a cow? hahaha

1 person likes this

There are a couple of people in my life that I had an instant and undeniable connection with as soon as I met them. I met them both during my first week at college and they remain my closest friends and confidantes to this day, more than a decade later. I instantly felt comfortable around them - I could be myself, and show my true personality without feeling awkward. I assume that when I meet 'the one' for me, this same experience will happen again. :)

1 person likes this

I would know if she is a nice caring girl who feels comfortable around me and enjoy my company or just always want to be around me 24/7

or I am sitting in a coffee shop coding away on my iPad or Macbook. A couple of girls are siting at the table next to me and one of them comes over and says "excuse me,  I noticed you and my friend asked me if you want to go on a date with her" I would say yest but after having experienced the same thing in high school only to find out it was a joke I am very cautious and just say no. 

The truth is you will never know.

The truth is, you'll always be taking a chance. But this is where commitment comes in. You simply find someone who has enough qualities that you're looking for, that you have a reasonable amount of chemistry with.

Someone you genuinely like and who has the morals you have and a similar outlook in life.

I honestly suspect some people will have extremely long dating careers not so much because they didn't find someone they could be highly compatible with and have a great marriage with, but because of their notion of what "the one" entails.

11 people like this

The truth is, you'll always be taking a chance. But this is where commitment comes in. You simply find someone who has enough qualities that you're looking for, that you have a reasonable amount of chemistry with.

Someone you genuinely like and who has the morals you have and a similar outlook in life.

I honestly suspect some people will have extremely long dating careers not so much because they didn't find someone they could be highly compatible with and have a great marriage with, but because of their notion of what "the one" entails.

Yup sounds about right to me. I recon that in this world there may be a number of people that you might be compatible with. And as said its all a matter of finding that someone who has "enough" of your desired qualities to make it ok for you. Its all to easy to go looking for perfection but that makes it a hard haul ?? And as you get older even harder.

Happy Sunday. Col.

8 people like this

That's may be true, I just leave it to fate. I know there is someone out there and we will cross paths soon. I live in hope but still wish someone would just ask me out instead of vice versa

Sounds like me and I don't even expect to find someone I totally click with.

2 people like this

You can't ever know for sure until it is death, and only death, that parts you.

1 person likes this

I'll know as lightning will flash across the sky, and God above will say in a thunderous voice, .... 'take her'!

Then Parachute 'Kiss Me Slowly' will play in the background, I'll walk over take her hand, she'll close her eyes, I'll close mine, and we'll kiss for the very first, and last time all in the blink of an eye.

Being serious, I'd agree with IAG and the Colonel above.

We'll never know really as perfection is none-existent.

My wife is gonna be an "imperfect" woman walking through life with an "imperfect" man.

We'll have our differences I'm sure, probably most of them my fault.

I'll keep an open tab at the local florist shop, .... hahaha!

But someday I'll find or she'll find me, but I'll do the initiating of course.

We'll find each other and I'll give her 100% of myself and she'll give me 100% percent of herself, and we'll navigate this journey called life with God as our guide.

Why because of this:

Ecclesiastes 4:12

New Living Translation (NLT)

12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

1 person likes this

Right on!!

1 person likes this

I know she is the right one because she told me.

We were out on a date; she looked me in the eye, and said, "I'm the right one." I just stared for a few minutes and replied, "Ok, what's next?" There was not lead up to her comment and there was no question in my mind what she meant.

She is right. She is the right one. How do I really know? The only real answer is to say I feel it in my gut. Everything about her feels right. We are comfortable together. We improve each other. We complement each other. We are smarter together than apart. Our dreams flow together towards the same destination.

Could we be wrong? I guess so, but I do not believe that for a moment. We are shopping for wedding rings and planning the future. You will know.

1 person likes this

I know she is the right one because she told me.

We were out on a date; she looked me in the eye, and said, "I'm the right one." I just stared for a few minutes and replied, "Ok, what's next?" There was not lead up to her comment and there was no question in my mind what she meant.

She is right. She is the right one. How do I really know? The only real answer is to say I feel it in my gut. Everything about her feels right. We are comfortable together. We improve each other. We complement each other. We are smarter together than apart. Our dreams flow together towards the same destination.

Could we be wrong? I guess so, but I do not believe that for a moment. We are shopping for wedding rings and planning the future. You will know.

I believe in some way or fashion, God will reveal that information to me

Yes.  He does.  :-)   it's not a bolt...  it's the sense of rightness that fills your spirit and and your soul and your heart.  it's the sense of knowing the future is meant to share and include that person.   I knew because I prayed that it wasn't just infatuation or even just a love affair - that she was indeed my wife :-).    and He didn't answer immediately LOL!   but He answered well, and with the assurance you expect when you put yourself in His hands.

6 people like this

Yes.  He does.  :-)   it's not a bolt...  it's the sense of rightness that fills your spirit and and your soul and your heart.  it's the sense of knowing the future is meant to share and include that person.   I knew because I prayed that it wasn't just infatuation or even just a love affair - that she was indeed my wife :-).    and He didn't answer immediately LOL!   but He answered well, and with the assurance you expect when you put yourself in His hands.

For me it's thoughts as I fall asleep. Call it God, my subconscious or whatever you wish. And yes you're right, it's not so much a bolt. As it is a slow realization that you can't imagine life without this person anymore, you just... Can't.

3 people like this

I knew my husband was "The One" because he fought to keep me and never gave up. I knew he loved me very much and was serious. He fit into my life and accepted me both the good and the bad and he didn't care as long as I was his. That's how I knew.

3 people like this

I knew my husband was "The One" because he fought to keep me and never gave up. I knew he loved me very much and was serious. He fit into my life and accepted me both the good and the bad and he didn't care as long as I was his. That's how I knew.

Wow perfect id be happy with that well done.

3 people like this