Samantha

Scared of Divorce

29 posts in this topic

@|Y|atthew Okay yeah maybe you're right thank you :) I remember finding that the last time I looked that up and totally forgot about it.

@rookiepilot1 Thank you! :)

2 people like this

Sure your husband will not divorce you. If that happen then, no one will marry anyone. If I was him, I would stay with your forever .

@|Y|atthew Okay yeah maybe you're right thank you :) I remember finding that the last time I looked that up and totally forgot about it.

@rookiepilot1 Thank you! :)

I agree with you we live in a time of partial knowledge, and we'll know everything perfectly when the Lord's Kingdom comes on earth, but I have to disagree with what you said about those awful sodomite daughters of Lot.

It's written that Lot was completely lost in his drunkenness and that he didn't know what his sodomite daughters did to him; what does that mean? That means he would never have done that if he was totally clear of alcohol. 

No way it's the Lord's Will such a sodomite abomination happened to Lot.

Lot should never have established his house in Sodom in the first place, it was his first big mistake.

His second big mistake was to get married with a sodomite woman,

thus his sodomite daughters did nameless abominations to him.

I was in total shock when for the first time I read that nameless abomination in the Scriptures, so when someone's trying to rationalize what those awful sodomite daughters of satan did to Lot,

I'm in total shock again!

No way they were doing this to have children, they were doing this because they were total sodomites and they were totally full of the nameless abominations which prevailed in Sodom and Gomorrah !

Didn't the sodomites want to do nameless abominations to Lot ?

And the angels made all of them blind to protect Lot ?

Satan was furious because he couldn't rape Lot through the sodomites,

so he raped Lot through his satanic daughters !

Those sodomite daughters did the will of satan because they were the daughters of satan !

They should have perished in Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone coming from Heaven !

Well, the Bible never addresses their intentions other than to dictate what they said amongst themselves, which was that there were no men left to do it with and they wanted to continue their father's line. So, there's that.

If they'd "perished in Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone," then Boaz would have had to find another woman with whom to continue the genealogical line of Jesus. (See: Ruth)

Also, it's not like their story is that unique. In the same genealogy, Tamar posed as a prostitute and had sex with her soon-to-be-father-in-law Judah, and David committed murder so he could commit adultery with Bathsheba, with whom he would later have Solomon. Even if these things weren't in God's will, he sure did take advantage of them.

All i can say on this whole thread is two things:

1. I never have considered divorce to be on the menu at all.

2. But two -> if it happened, i know that it would not be a trivial, disposible moment.  it would be for reasons that i can't fully imagine, but reasons nonetheless that somehow would make sense and be "right" as far as my wife and I are concerned.  and I would beg for forgiveness at having landed in that choice, but i would have the comfort that God is with me (and with her) if that really ever were to be the case.

But i want to add one more point... because my two notes above are the perspective of being 50 and married 1/2 my life.   The perspective i had at 26 contemplating and then taking the step of being married was related to everything all of you have expressed on here...   anxiety - sure.  nervousness - sure.  what-if scenarios raging through my head and heart in those quiet desperate inner moments in the middle of the night - sure.

but guys...   we all have only one choice at any given moment don't we?   go forward or stay put.  and when you go forward - even with someone as committed to a value or to an action as you are - you still sometimes stumble and fall.  i knew that i was taking a chance that my marriage might end in divorce.  but i also knew that i was taking a chance that my marriage might happily also be forever.  stack the odds in your favor.   know everything you can.  open your heart and soul and trust as far as you can.  lead with respect.  talk from inside you with honesty.  own mistakes.  be forgiving.  embrace often.  and make sure that you think the same things are important.  

and the rest my friends honestly... will fall in place.

go forward when you can and when you're ready.  and fall down occasionally.   and make each other better.   and if the time comes where maybe that's just not the case?  make each other better by figuring out how to do that (divorce) the best way you can as well.  and you'll be ok too in that manner of going forward.

being scared is natural.  having courage with someone is empowering.

5 people like this