Kailey

Why'd he do this?

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I would really like some opinions on this please~Thanks ^_^

So, this happened at work. I needed a tissue, so I got up to look for some at my coworker's desk, but they were all gone, so I said, "We don't have any tissues," or something like that. A guy I work with was working a little bit away when I said it, but I wasn't talking to or looking at him when I said it, I was pretty much talking to myself :).

The next day while I am sitting at my desk he is suddenly there right next to me with a box of tissues (from the supply room) and he's all like, "Here are some tissues," and I just kept thanking him.

Was he just being nice? or....

Was he just being nice? or....

It's a trap. He just wants to get in your pants.

I don't know. Too little information. I'd say pay close attention to how he acts around you compared to how he acts with others in the office. Do you even like him?

4 people like this

If he does like you... I gotta hand it to him. That was smooth and very opportunistic.

6 people like this

Hmm, I think you should run out of printer paper next. Audibly. See what happens... :D

Seriously though, at the very least, it was a wonderfully chivalrous gesture by a guy who, interested or not, is certainly a worthy human being when it comes to tending to the office supply needs of others. The fact that it remembered about your lack of tissues the next day makes his action extra thoughtful.

Is it a SIGN though? Does this bringing you tissues hint at his deep, passionate, undying, and unspoken love for you? Hard to say. It could honestly just be a box of tissues. Or it could be that he has taken at least some interest in you, enough to find you worthy of personal Kleenex delivery. I have been told that guys generally like to help girls out; this could be his way of "rescuing a damsel in distress."

My main advice would be to try not to read much into it other than his niceness, but to definitely make more of an effort to talk to him casually if you are interested in maybe getting to know him better. Glancing his way and smiling when you catch his eye could be a good way of expressing your lack of hatred toward him. Generally, just be approachable enough that he knows that you would probably not laugh in his face if he expressed more blatant interest. This is, of course, if you have not completely ruled him out as a suitor for various non-negotiable reasons.

6 people like this

He could very much be interested in you! He went out of his way to help you so that could mean he's just got a great personality or he might wanna try to get to know you ;). I say pay close attention to him or when he specifically does nice things for YOU.

1 person likes this

Kailey:   well.... I know i'm The Old Guy here...   but here's my opinion (for what it's worth):

to borrow a line from a movie...  yeah.... he's kinda into you.   :-)

he's feeling it out.   I would've done that move LOL.   it's a stealth move...   if you don't respond, he doesn't feel some sense of rejection or anything - it was just a nice friendly gesture, sympathetic to something he noticed happened.   He's just being "a nice guy."

on the other hand... if you return attention to it...  I bet he'll light up (in a small way)...   bec it will show you noticed and linked those things and that you also might be feeling it out a little.

it's a very clever no-foul sort of move.   :-)

if he IS a nice guy and if he IS the type you might glance at twice...   I think you should return the move :-).

or maybe i'm just the quiet virtual romantic for you over here in california!

7 people like this

Yeah, He is sending signs. He is kinda into you as @Waited. Married. Happy. said. Very good move on his part. I would tried that but stay with you for the long term. He's try to show his caring side.

1 person likes this

A lot are saying he's interested, but he really could have just been being nice. Ive done things like that and I wasn't even remotely interested in the person.

4 people like this

It's a trap. He just wants to get in your pants.

I don't know. Too little information. I'd say pay close attention to how he acts around you compared to how he acts with others in the office. Do you even like him?

bahahahaha Vince!!!!! That first part!!!! Omg! lol

2 people like this

Ekkkkk Kailey! Idk he may like you and that was certainly very thoughtful of him!!!!! Idk befriend him girl! That is a sure way of knowing if he likes you but def. not in a creepy desperate way but casual, sweet, and friendly and you will def. know in time! & if you are single and looking and he seems like a decent guy why not see where it goes!!!! Best of luck!!!

3 people like this

A lot are saying he's interested, but he really could have just been being nice. Ive done things like that and I wasn't even remotely interested in the person.

Uh way to go Josh way to get my hopes up!! lol jk! Idk I probably wouldn't read much into it either in my single years I was def. clueless about stuff like that and rarely picked up on those clues unless a guy said it! A guy once bought me flowers and and I told my friends he gave me "friendship flowers." Yup got made fun of for awhile by my friends after that! lol

1 person likes this

Thank you all for your thoughts :)! Seems to be a consensus that he did it cause he might be interested-I would love it if he was :wub:.

Just trying to figure out if he's Mr. Super Super Nice. For what it's worth, I've never noticed him doing something like that for someone else....and he smiles me and I catch him looking at me~idk what to think!

5 people like this

Maybe he's smiling because he like you to ask him out. It's just Like the uk match.com advert where the guy sings on a train platform (filmed at Sutton station)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkk7SYkUbLQ&feature=youtu.be
http://youtu.be/-z4aguu4Ex0

I've never noticed him doing something like that for someone else....and he smiles me and I catch him looking at me~idk what to think!

The adverts remind me how I waited for train in the cold and rain to go to University. The train in the advert is an electrostar class 377 and 378

Yeah don't read too much into it...but take this as an opportunity to return the favor if he happens to run out of something ;)

3 people like this

My view he is acting nice towards you.  When he gave you the box of tissues.. did he smiled or gave any gestures away?  

1 person likes this

Thank you all for your thoughts :)! Seems to be a consensus that he did it cause he might be interested-I would love it if he was :wub:.

Just trying to figure out if he's Mr. Super Super Nice. For what it's worth, I've never noticed him doing something like that for someone else....and he smiles me and I catch him looking at me~idk what to think!

I don't know Kailey sounds like from what you just said above that he really might be! That's what guys do when they're interested ;)

2 people like this

Give a go and ask him out, the worst thing is he says no that's it. You never know he might be the "one"

2 people like this

My view he is acting nice towards you.  When he gave you the box of tissues.. did he smiled or gave any gestures away?  

Mmmhmm, yes he did, he smiles at me whenever he sees me pretty much :)~I think he hung around for just a bit longer than he needed to~

I don't know Kailey sounds like from what you just said above that he really might be! That's what guys do when they're interested ;)

Cool, that's good to know, thanks :)

Give a go and ask him out, the worst thing is he says no that's it. You never know he might be the "one"

Yeah, that's not my style ^_^, I'll try and be flirty back and talk to him, but I want him to ask me~

3 people like this

That's a good approach, Kinda like what I do if i like a girl but they just don't pick up on the signs or just don't like Asian guys lol. Quite common here in Vero Beach.  That is true, but sometimes the guy just don't ask you out straight away which I know is frustrating for women. 

Yeah, that's not my style ^_^, I'll try and be flirty back and talk to him, but I want him to ask me~

2 people like this

I wish I could ask out a women but just too scared of rejection or worse, getting a restraining order and a call from her father

Kailey:   well.... I know i'm The Old Guy here...   but here's my opinion (for what it's worth):

to borrow a line from a movie...  yeah.... he's kinda into you.   :-)

he's feeling it out.   I would've done that move LOL.   it's a stealth move...   if you don't respond, he doesn't feel some sense of rejection or anything - it was just a nice friendly gesture, sympathetic to something he noticed happened.   He's just being "a nice guy."

on the other hand... if you return attention to it...  I bet he'll light up (in a small way)...   bec it will show you noticed and linked those things and that you also might be feeling it out a little.

it's a very clever no-foul sort of move.   :-)

if he IS a nice guy and if he IS the type you might glance at twice...   I think you should return the move :-).

or maybe i'm just the quiet virtual romantic for you over here in california

Not old or a guy hahaha but I have the same opinion as ian, so take it for what it's worth, but I hope things turn out well ;) good luck!

1 person likes this

Not old or a guy hahaha but I have the same opinion as ian, so take it for what it's worth, but I hope things turn out well ;) good luck!

Thanks so much Sally! :)

1 person likes this