Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Karthik

Dating Advice

30 posts in this topic

Any advice for a 27 year old Hindu who is a total virgin who never drank alcohol or smoked.

I am waiting till marriage and would like to marry a swett Hindu or Christen girl

1) Eat healthy, exercise daily, make/save money (for confidence as well as quality of life)

2) Go to churches/gathering places/events/social settings where Hindu or Christian girls would be likely to be. You're probably better off focusing on Hindu girls (you're Hindu right?)

1. Yes I am eating healthy, I run every morning and evening. Save money

2. I don't go to Church as I am a Hindu and may not be welcome. It's hard to find Hindu girls here in South FL so that is why I am seeking any girl who don't drink or smoke. 

Maybe you should join an online dating site. Lots of people find love that way.

Maybe you should join an online dating site. Lots of people find love that way.

He has mental scars due to being scammed in the past. But I agree, it sounds like the best option.

5 people like this

No way, No more online dating, Did it once and got scammed by some Nigerian. Now I just want to wait and see what turn up, Worst case, Arranged marriage. I don't mind marry a Christian girl because I was born in England and some of my relatives did marry Christens who were lawyers and doctors. 

1 person likes this

I wouldn't give up on online dating after one bad experience. You can't give up that easy; nothing ventured, nothing gained! Lots of real women on there looking for guys, just have to be careful. The smoking thing shouldn't be hard, hell most girls I know HATE smoking. The drinking thing may be a different story but there's def girls that don't drink. But you just gotta get out there and meet people. PS you'd be more than welcome at any Christian church I've ever been to.

5 people like this

Thanks but I will never go back to online dating due to fake profiles just to prey on people like me. Hopeless romantics.

I wouldn't give up on online dating after one bad experience. You can't give up that easy; nothing ventured, nothing gained! Lots of real women on there looking for guys, just have to be careful. The smoking thing shouldn't be hard, hell most girls I know HATE smoking. The drinking thing may be a different story but there's def girls that don't drink. But you just gotta get out there and meet people. PS you'd be more than welcome at any Christian church I've ever been to.

What kinda activities do you enjoy?

Are you opposed to volunteering at some organization or cause you believe strongly in?

Finally as in actually dating advice my man, I'd say just keep it simple.

Relax be yourself, learn about the kinda girl you wanna meet.

Learn some good conversational skills, not so much to impress your dates.

Though that's an added benefit right?

But think about this, all that self work you're putting into yourself, someday when when you meet the woman you're gonna marry.

That say 5 years down the road you're still interesting to her, you still have hobbies and intersting things to talk with her about.

That you're a whole person meeting another whole person to be joined together till death do you part.

1 person likes this

I am love to volunteer and worked at the London 2012 Olympics as a technical operations manager. Responsible for graphics and results. I would go to meet girls but work all day and just go home shattered.

After working at a gas station which my parents company owned. I got the impression that every girl smokes, drinks, uses chewing tobacco and black and mild.

Ah cool that must've been quite a spectacular opportunity to get involved with.

And the Olympics, dude that's quite a resume builder you know.

Finally, I'm sure working at a gas station/convenience store exposed you to several different types of and a diverse background of people.

But think of this it is quality, and not quantity you're seeking right!

There's probably many, many kinds of girls out there.

Many you'll have friendships with.

However, there's only one, and she'll be worth the wait.

Perfect no way, as we're not perfect, but she'll be worth the wait.

And somewhere there's a woman thinking about you, asking the same questions you are.

[Edited for several spelling and grammatical errors.]

1 person likes this

I think might be the most soical introvert guy. If I like a girl I just talk nonsense to her and tell my true feelings or ask her on s date.

After working at a gas station which my parents company owned. I got the impression that every girl smokes, drinks, uses chewing tobacco and black and mild.

No offense, but I've found that the majority of people who frequent gas station convenience stores DO smoke, drink, and chew tobacco precisely because you sell that stuff! Trust me when I say that there are PLENTY of girls out there who are more than likely polar opposites of much of your gas station clientele. And suit yourself on the online dating thing...you're just limiting your opportunities that much more. It's not bad to want to meet someone in person, that part I get, but online just gives you that many more chances to meet someone.

1 person likes this

Every girl huh? Maybe many that visited there, but I'm pretty sure they don't account for the other 90% of women.

Becides, what's so bad about a woman who drinks? Red wine is proven to be heart healthy.

I do have to laugh at the thought of black and milds haha. My friends and I thought we were so cool smoking those silly things in high school lol! Oh memories lol

1 person likes this

@dodgedude I just mentioned because in England chewing tobacco and black and mild are banned it's so harmful and damaging. There was and still a smoke free ban in public places. My friends also didn't smoke or drink.

That what my parents say. Just sell it and forget on changing the views of people

No offense, but I've found that the majority of people who frequent gas station convenience stores DO smoke, drink, and chew tobacco precisely because you sell that stuff! Trust me when I say that there are PLENTY of girls out there who are more than likely polar opposites of much of your gas station clientele. And suit yourself on the online dating thing...you're just limiting your opportunities that much more. It's not bad to want to meet someone in person, that part I get, but online just gives you that many more chances to meet someone.

2 people like this

Any online dating site suggestions. I am just so scared for being scanned again.

suit yourself on the online dating thing...you're just limiting your opportunities that much more. It's not bad to want to meet someone in person, that part I get, but online just gives you that many more chances to meet someone.

Yes, red wine is healthy but with that logic, I should drink it because it's healthy and forget the alchool volume of 12-15%. I never drank and if I start I might just pass on the floor. 

Becides, what's so bad about a woman who drinks? Red wine is proven to be heart healthy.

I don't know how to ask this but are they any women who come from a family of non smokers becausr I just hate smoking of any kind.

Karthik!!! Simple! Get out there! Okay not like totally go crazy but like in moderation please refer to the 25+ response I gave you :)) tips there as a lady :)) best wishes!!

1 person likes this

Also Karthik don't let your fears hinder you from missing out on that special girl♥

1 person likes this

@OneHappyGirl thanks for the views and advice. I can see why your husband stats with you

Quote by Karthik:

If I like a girl I just talk nonsense to her and tell my true feelings or ask her on s date.

Nothing wrong with speaking from your heart my man, a really good woman will appreciate that.

Addendum:

Just be careful with "revealing your true feelings" so to say.

I get in trouble with this myself, so it's understandable.

We're guys, and man enough to say what's in your heart.

Just as I said be careful, I'm totally not a proponent of playing games, no way.

But don't tell her "I have feelings for you" after the very first date, you know.

Love, feelings take time to build, it's a strong emotion, strong feeling, and of greater depth than simple infatuation, you know.

Dating seems like it's really tough, I know, I've commented on here several times about this.

It seems as we get older dating gets to be a 'game'. But most of us feel as though, as Arwen4CJ said once a while back that everyone began playing a game but she didn't know what the rules were.

From a personal standpoint this is why I don't date much or really haven't dated much throughout my life.

I've immersed myself with my career, my hobbies, interests, my faith community.

But I do think about it every now and again.

I do believe and I tell you the same bro, you may not know the conclusion of the journey.

And certainly at times it's difficult, but it'll be worth it in the end.

And we'll have learned valuable lessons about relationships/marriage without the baggage

1 person likes this