Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thatgirlbrenda

Members Gallery

11 posts in this topic

I envision a place that looks like a gallery, nothing but pictures, no comments, no commentaries, just pictures! I would like to see people and thier places, families and such.

I'm not looking for a car catalog..but perhaps there could be gallery just for that! 

People, places, hobbies and favorite things.

But that is just my vision...

3 people like this

Awesome idea :)

I envision a place that looks like a gallery, nothing but pictures, no comments, no commentaries, just pictures! I would like to see people and thier places, families and such.

I'm not looking for a car catalog..but perhaps there could be gallery just for that! 

People, places, hobbies and favorite things.

But that is just my vision...

That's a good idea Brenda.

Anytime you post pictures on the Internet it's always a concern that they will be copied and used by someone else for less than wholesome purposes.  A members only area for this gives an extra layer of protection against that.  On some forums I've seen, where a log-on is not required to view posts, members will only have pictures posted for a few hours before deleting them in order to minimize the threat of someone else copying them.

I'm guessing that's why the profile pic with you and your daughter was short lived.  (I assume that was your daughter.)  Cute picture anyway.

When I signed up for this site I didn't intend to have a profile photo of myself, at least not right away.  The site just sort of nabbed the photo from my gmail account.  I let it be.  People feel better if they can put a face with the person they are interacting with.

Personally, a members only thread would be fine for this but, that's just me.  I would feel safer if only verified members or those who have a number of posts under their belt had access to it.  There are lots of people who join this forum and never make a single post.  Undoubtedly a number of them do so for less than admirable reasons.

4 people like this

Very true, I have most of my vacation pics over on Flickr so that my family and friends can see them. I feel a bit safer posting pics on this site but most of pics are out there on the web already (i.e twitter,youtube)

Anytime you post pictures on the Internet it's always a concern that they will be copied and used by someone else for less than wholesome purposes.  A members only area for this gives an extra layer of protection against that.  On some forums I've seen, where a log-on is not required to view posts, members will only have pictures posted for a few hours before deleting them in order to minimize the threat of someone else copying them.

I'm guessing that's why the profile pic with you and your daughter was short lived.  (I assume that was your daughter.)  Cute picture anyway.

When I signed up for this site I didn't intend to have a profile photo of myself, at least not right away.  The site just sort of nabbed the photo from my gmail account.  I let it be.  People feel better if they can put a face with the person they are interacting with.

Personally, a members only thread would be fine for this but, that's just me.  I would feel safer if only verified members or those who have a number of posts under their belt had access to it.  There are lots of people who join this forum and never make a single post.  Undoubtedly a number of them do so for less than admirable reasons.

2 people like this

Thanks for your input Matt! I totally agree with verified members only for an extra layer of protection.

Yes, that was my daughter in the picture. :)

Every now and again we will take some "silly shots". She loves to take pictures.

I am usually hesitant about posting pictures of myself all together...just because I do not photograph well at all! Lol

I would be more willing to post in a members only gallery and would enjoy putting a face to a

name as well.  

1 person likes this

Everyone that uses this Forum is a member. The majority of activity comes from members. The majority of the people that will see these photos are members. Making the section exclusive to members doesn't mean it's going to be private. People can create a profile and just use it to look at your photos, not participating at all in the forum discussions. Also, having a section with only photos might diverge the focus of the website from waiting till marriage to dating. 

I really like this idea, but if its only for pictures people then sadly I won't use it much. I don't take many photos of myself or friends or family. But I do take a good number of other things. Maybe if there was a section for photos of non people with commentary. That would be awesome, then if you don't want to see pictures of cars and sunsets you don't have to but it still leaves it open for those like me, who almost don't exist in pictures but do exist as being the one to take the picture.

And BigMat is right those with a few posts under their belt will add to some security. Or even once your perhaps once you loose the newbie statice (I'm assuming that changes by number of posts and topics)