Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Princess Victoria

Cuddling

28 posts in this topic

What are your boundaries when it comes to cuddling?

Do you think cuddling with someone who is not your boyfriend/girlfriend is acceptable? Why or why not?

It is so cozy to cuddle with one of my guy friends but I am afraid that I am sending him the wrong impression. Do you think so too? 

This made me realize that it takes a lot more discipline than I thought to wait until marriage but it is definitely not impossible. It is easier to remain celibate when you're not in a courtship.  

That is why I think it's best to avoid bedrooms altogether. 

2 people like this

If there's a mutual agreement that all it is is cuddling then I'd give it a shot, but I wouldn't bring cuddling up. I would try to not mention it. It does increase the risk that I will fail in my wait till marriage. I believe that I do have enough control that I wouldn't fail, but if she wasn't a waiter it would be very dangerous of me to cuddle. 

It is so cozy to cuddle with one of my guy friends but I am afraid that I am sending him the wrong impression. Do you think so too? 

Wow what a lucky guy!!! He get's to cuddle with you oh and he's not your boyfriend! Yes I think you are sending the wrong impression. Cuddling is like a form of intimacy and usually we're intimate only with those we love. Unless he's gay, I think you should be prepared for him to want more than just cuddling down the road. Maybe a potential relationship.

3 people like this

Sex is like a fire. If done right (in marriage) the fire is in the fireplace. If done wrong (outside of marriage) it's like the fire has been set in the kitchen. I suggest we as waiters not focus on how close we can get to the fire without touching it (as in having sex), rather we try to get as far away as we can. In other words, don't go into situations that may lead to temptation. For some that situation is cuddling.

6 people like this

If it's just a cuddle it is ok but I prefer to cuddle up to my girlfriend or wife.

Lucky guy that he gets to cuddle with you but the might think you are sending the wrong impression as he will think you want a relationship with you. I would be very cautious because unless he is gay or a very good friend, cuddling may make him think you want a serious relationship with him

Cuddling is very intimate and can only done with a man and women who are in love. 

1 person likes this

I want to cuddle in a relationship but to me it wouldn't really be a temptation to do more. I didn't realize that it could be that much of a temptation to guys. Now that I know, I will probably make sure to clarify to my future boyfriend that cuddling is all we will be doing and if he doesn't think he can handle that, then we can abstain. 

I have never cuddled with a male friend. I don't have many male friends anyway. I have cuddled with some of my female friends but obviously those times meant nothing so that is all the experience that I've had with cuddling and I may be naive to how it may affect me with someone that I am attracted to. 

2 people like this

I'm all for cuddling in a relationship. While cuddling does have a sexual component, I don't feel it brings a high risk of going too far. 

Do you think cuddling with someone who is not your boyfriend/girlfriend is acceptable? Why or why not?

Acceptable? Maybe. Weird. Definitely!

This seems so bizarre to me. I can't imagine cuddling with a girl that I didn't have a romantic and emotional connection with on some level. And if you're cuddling a guy, I'd speculate that it either arouses him or he's gay. Or maybe he's just really desensitized to that kind of thing.

Boundaries to cuddling?

Im not really opposed to it, if a girlfriend wanted to I'm 100% sure I could control myself.

Cuddling with someone outside of a relationship?

I've had someone want to cuddle because they were really upset about something, so I did it to comfort them. But just doing it to do it is kinda weird.

But you cuddling with a guy who isn't your boyfriend?

It will almost definently send the wrong impression to him unless he is already sure of the boundaries, or doesn't have an attraction to you.

1 person likes this

This made me realize that it takes a lot more discipline than I thought to wait until marriage but it is definitely not impossible. It is easier to remain celibate when you're not in a courtship.  

That is why I think it best to avoid bedrooms altogether. 

There's no reason you should be cuddling with a guy you don't have feelings for. That's just deceptive to me.

4 people like this

There's no reason you should be cuddling with a guy you don't have feelings for. That's just deceptive to me.

Why?

You should never cuddle with a friends who don't have feelings for you. It gives the wrong impression.

I would cuddle only with my wife only after marriage. Never cuddle with my girlfriend unless she want me to .

That is why I think it best to avoid bedrooms altogether.

Aww, it's so sad you don't have any male friends @NicoleNova. I have both male and female friends, I never cuddle with the, because they are friends that's it. I would only cuddle with my wife only if she want to. Nothing else

I want to cuddle in a relationship but to me it wouldn't really be a temptation to do more. I didn't realize that it could be that much of a temptation to guys. Now that I know, I will probably make sure to clarify to my future boyfriend that cuddling is all we will be doing and if he doesn't think he can handle that, then we can abstain.

I have never cuddled with a male friend. I don't have many male friends anyway. I have cuddled with some of my female friends but obviously those times meant nothing so that is all the experience that I've had with cuddling and I may be naive to how it may affect me with someone that I am attracted to.

Why?

Why not be honest?

You answered your own question in your last post. Cuddling is generally something done between a couple. If you must cuddle up to a friend you don't like, at least let him know you don't like him that way.

2 people like this

Why not be honest?

You answered your own question in your last post. Cuddling is generally something done between a couple. If you must cuddle up to a friend you don't like, at least let him know you don't like him that way.

kay kay :)

It is best to not let our feelings make our moral decisions. 

2 people like this

I feel like cuddling with a bf is perfectly acceptable (clothed haha ;). ) but I don't know if doing it with just a guy friend would be ok. I don't think it would because there's mostly likely one person or the other mildly attracted to their friend or have some feelings for them and that could make the relationship difficult.

2 people like this

Of course! As long as it's clothes-on. Definitely size-up the boy/girlfriend's self-control before doing things like that and do that in a semi-public place like the living room. 

3 people like this

Just like in the thread about sleeping together before marriage, I am once again in the interesting position of being one of the biggest prudes on a waiting until marriage website.

Unless we're talking about innocent arm around the shoulder cuddling, then I consider cuddling too intimate to do before marriage. It's not that I think it would be too tempting-I simply think it is too intimate.

So.....is being single forever all that bad?

1 person likes this

Being single is neve a bad thing. You will find someone . We all meant to be. But I have been a bachlour all my life and I do cherish being single because when I have a family I will end to put them first

Just like in the thread about sleeping together before marriage, I am once again in the interesting position of being one of the biggest prudes on a waiting until marriage website.

Unless we're talking about innocent arm around the shoulder cuddling, then I consider cuddling too intimate to do before marriage. It's not that I think it would be too tempting-I simply think it is too intimate.

So.....is being single forever all that bad?

I LOVE cuddling! But only if I feel comfortable with that person. 

1 person likes this

I LOVE cuddling! But only if I feel comfortable with that person.

I love cuddling too but it would almost always lead me to think or want to act in some sexual way. So I'd hopefully avoid it till marriage. Many people are strong enough to be able to cuddle without an issue. I couldn't. For me cuddling isn't just sitting close to each other. For me cuddling is a precursor to sex. That's at least the only outcome I'd imagine for myself if I cuddled with a girl.

well for what it's worth > i remember very fondly and romantically... afternoons at my wife's parents home (before we were married) or in the mountains at a lake cabin with friends...   cuddled up in a hammock with my wife, just enjoying the afternoon, and drifting off into the ease of a nap together.  cuddling was - and is - just fine - when you know who you are together.

4 people like this

I would never cuddle with a guy who was not my boyfriend. I would however cuddle with my boyfriend if we were fully clothed and already had clear straightforward boundaries. Cuddling while on the couch watching a movie seems completely innocent and if things becoming to tempting I would like to think we could break it off. But since I have never been in a relationship I can't really know for sure.

That is why I think it's best to avoid bedrooms altogether.

Cuddling with someone other than DD is unacceptable to me. It is something intimate that I only have ever done with a bf while watching a movie or napping.

I will not deny that cuddling CAN be tempting to lead to other things, however, I have just cuddled and slept before and enjoyed just that. As someone mentioned earlier, it's all about talking about your boundaries, so that in the moment, thigs are not awkward.

Sex is like a fire. If done right (in marriage) the fire is in the fireplace. If done wrong (outside of marriage) it's like the fire has been set in the kitchen. I suggest we as waiters not focus on how close we can get to the fire without touching it (as in having sex), rather we try to get as far away as we can. In other words, don't go into situations that may lead to temptation. For some that situation is cuddling.

Ok I'm quoting this a little late... but, I get cold EXTREMELY easily, and so although I would never get as close as to possibly touch the fire, I definitely wouldn't stay as far away as possible. I would definitely keep at a reasonable distance, but close enough to still feel plenty off warmth. :P hahahah sorry but I was just trying to be punny. Although, the analogy definitely aligns well with what I believe.

1 person likes this

I guess I have a slightly different perspective, most likely coming from a different background.

I'm from a very affectionate family. My brothers and I are all in our 20s now. We still all enjoy cuddling with our mom in the oversized chair at home. If my brothers and I are sitting on the couch together, quite often one of us will lay down with our feet or head on a pillow on someone else's lap, or rest a head on a shoulder.

I extend this affection to my friends, provided they are also affectionate. Not everyone is a cuddler, and I respect those boundaries.

I think most people would say cuddling is okay with your family or with your same-sex friends, maybe even with opposite-sex friends if you're single. But once you're in a relationship, most people think that sort of affection isn't okay with opposite-sex friends, because it's only okay with a partner.

But I'm bisexual. I am attracted to men and to women. If it's okay for me to cuddle my girlfriends, why not my guy friends?

Granted, this is mostly hypothetical, because most of my guy friends are not cuddlers, and like I said, I respect those boundaries. Also if my husband is available for cuddling, I usually pick him first, although he has sometimes had to wait his turn while I cuddled my mom. :)

2 people like this