Weapon X

Do you like anyone on this site?

61 posts in this topic

Matthew maybe? Similar age, wonderful man...

Yeah, it could fit a lot of guys on this site *Looks at mark suspiciously*

Surely, I am truly wonderful; but I am not from Nevada, alas.

I believe WW has the right of it, if she's thinking what I'm thinking.

2 people like this

Hmm...I wonder who that could be. Being "truly wonderful" doesn't give us much of a hint.

Matthew maybe? Similar age, wonderful man...

Yeah, it could fit a lot of guys on this site *Looks at mark suspiciously*

Clearly its me, Mark. I'm the only one who is TRULY wonderful. Everyone else is "just" wonderful :P

But seriously, she is being really cryptic....

*Looks at her profile. Looks at her friends list.*

Hmmm.... only one friend.

Interesting...

:)

Okay, I have my guess!

Though I certainly could be quite wrong.

Do we have another new relationship happening here, or is this just a declaration of admiration?

Lol. It's Rookie Pilot. He knows and feels exactly the same about me (even though he's pretending he has no idea who I'm talking about  :P ).

He randomly sent me a message on here saying happy birthday about 8 months ago and things developed from there. We currently live 5000 miles apart but we're not letting it stop us!  :)

5 people like this

Congratulations Scarlet Rose and Rookie! I love hearing about couples meeting on this site :) I hope I can be as lucky soon!

5 people like this

5000 miles!!! I thought Chris and PZ were far apart, but you two have really raised the bar. The only way anyone can beat that is if they were on different planets! lol. Um...actually that would be gross....

Anyways congrats to you both! You two remind me of how my parents were on opposite ends of the world but they came together eventually. I really admire the commitment between you two and not letting distance get in the way of things. I wish you guys the very best!

I love hearing about couples meeting on this site :) I hope I can be as lucky soon!

Yeah me too :)

4 people like this

5000 miles!!! I thought Chris and PZ were far apart, but you two have really raised the bar. The only way anyone can beat that is if they were on different planets! lol. Um...actually that would be gross....

Anyways congrats to you both! You two remind me of how my parents were on opposite ends of the world but they came together eventually. I really admire the commitment between you two and not letting distance get in the way of things. I wish you guys the very best!

Yeah me too :)

Well it's closer to 5300 but yeah, it's a long way!!!! The story of your parents sounds very touching, encouraging and romantic. Come to think of it my parents lived on islands on opposite sides of the world too before they both eventually met in Europe  :P 

Edit: I just Googled it, my parents lived over 9000 miles apart!  :o

6 people like this

I like a lot of people on this site as friends, but I don't think that is what you're asking.. lol

Truth be told there is someone here that has captured my attention. Why do I like him? Well because he's so genuine and I can't even tell you how many similarities there are between us. We have the same goals, he's a Christian, and we're both very motivated. He's a hard worker and perseveres with everything he does, and he is just so sweet. Beyond that we can talk for hours on end, and once we even skyped for about 5 hours straight.

I think I'll stop at that, but I could go on. haha Distance makes everything so difficult unfortunately.

2 people like this

I like a lot of people on this site as friends, but I don't think that is what you're asking.. lol

Truth be told there is someone here that has captured my attention. Why do I like him? Well because he's so genuine and I can't even tell you how many similarities there are between us. We have the same goals, he's a Christian, and we're both very motivated. He's a hard worker and perseveres with everything he does, and he is just so sweet. Beyond that we can talk for hours on end, and once we even skyped for about 5 hours straight.

I think I'll stop at that, but I could go on. haha Distance makes everything so difficult unfortunately.

This thread is quickly becoming quite the rumor mill. It's also turning everyone else into amateur detectives :P

Whoever this guy is, if you're reading this, here is your cue to pursue this great girl ;)

4 people like this

Whoever this guy is, if you're reading this, here is your cue to pursue this great girl ;)

Yeah I'd jump on the opportunity right away but obviously he's probably too far away to be able to do anything. That's why it's good to avoid developing relationships with people far away, but sometimes we just can't help it.

Long distance is a real bugbear for me - there is someone I really like on this site but I live so far away from him that I might as well live on the moon!

Yeah I'd jump on the opportunity right away but obviously he's probably too far away to be able to do anything. That's why it's good to avoid developing relationships with people far away, but sometimes we just can't help it.

Long distance is a real bugbear for me - there is someone I really like on this site but I live so far away from him that I might as well live on the moon!

Okay guys, I realize that long distance relationships require greater effort and they are not for everyone but consider this: As I said, my parents spent most of their courtship in opposite ends of the world. My mom was in studying in Canada and my dad was in Hong Kong. That is about as far apart from a person as you could possibly be on Planet Earth. Keep in mind that this was before the 10 Commandments were written so all they had to communicate with each other were through these ancient, forgotten things called letters. They didn't have things like Facebook, texting and other features that kids these days use on their phones except for....*gasp THE PHONE part. Yet they still had a special connection even though they were worlds apart. Even today they still have all the letters they wrote to each other in several shoe boxes that they take out and read to each other to reminisce of old times. Eventually my dad went back to Canada to propose to my mom and the rest is history.

Now, social media and the internet are great (Otherwise I wouldn't waste so much time here posting my pointless and moronic thoughts. lol). But I started thinking how awesome it is to receive a letter that someone took the time to write with their bare hands. To me that means so much more than the impersonal feeling of a Wall post or a text message.

So the next time one of you says, *mockingly high pitched voice* "Oh Vince, long distance is too hard. It won't work." (Because that's how you all sound), then I'm going to have to spam your profile page with the love story of my parents. Or better yet, I'll write you a letter. We have no idea how good we have it today :P

Now the older I get, the more cynical and jaded I get about love. It seems like "true love" is something we just tell kids these days to give girls false hope that guys will wait past the first date for sex (I'm kidding). But the story of how my parents is sometimes the only thing that keeps me from forsaking being a hopeless romantic completely :)

7 people like this

Wow 'Vince thanks for sharing your parents story, it's quite romantic, awe inspiring, and definitely a real example of what love truly is.

That God's will, coupled with love and determination, will triumph over all things even great distance.

Don't ever forsake being a hopeless (or hopeful) romantic, romance is what drives the passion inside of us and leads us to do those "crazy" love filled things that often logic cannot explain, but we simply feel inside of our own hearts.

Romance is why some of us choose to wait in the first place, I know it was for me.

(By the way I guess the "secret" is out, ...)

4 people like this

This thread is quickly becoming quite the rumor mill. It's also turning everyone else into amateur detectives :P

Well I don't ever see him posting to the forums so I highly doubt he'll ever see this. lol But we have discussed meeting in person a few times, and he's said he wants to come visit. It's just pretty difficult being thousands of miles away.

Oh I wanted to add thank you for your wonderful, inspiring story about your parents. It's so adorable, made both me and my heart smile <3 That's so sweet the way everything worked out for them, it seems like such a rare occurrence.

6 people like this

Well I don't ever see him posting to the forums so I highly doubt he'll ever see this. lol But we have discussed meeting in person a few times, and he's said he wants to come visit. It's just pretty difficult being thousands of miles away.

Can I guess who it is?

1 person likes this

Can I guess who it is?

I'm not sure how anyone would know, but sure go for it! haha :)

1 person likes this

I'm not sure how anyone would know, but sure go for it! haha :)

:-). I like stuff like this. For one of the wtm.org couples here, I knew that the girl had feelings for the guy long before anyone else did.

Anyway, my guess is... 1994jon.

So, what do I win?

2 people like this

Allishag,

I had the exact same experience on wtm.org that you have. The guy I had a lot in common with who captured my attention is now my fiance. I'm not trying to say that everyone who likes someone on here will get married, rather, you have a good chance of a strong relationship. :) Wish you the best!

8 people like this

:-). I like stuff like this. For one of the wtm.org couples here, I knew that the girl had feelings for the guy long before anyone else did.

Anyway, my guess is... 1994jon.

So, what do I win?

Oh danggg, for some reason when you asked if you could guess I had a feeling you knew the answer somehow. Mind if I ask exactly how you figured it out?? lol Got me stumped over here.

Allishag,

I had the exact same experience on wtm.org that you have. The guy I had a lot in common with who captured my attention is now my fiance. I'm not trying to say that everyone who likes someone on here will get married, rather, you have a good chance of a strong relationship. :) Wish you the best!

I think that's just the sweetest thing! I'm so happy that everything worked out for the two of you; it's very inspiring for the rest of us on here :) Mind if I ask how you guys first decided to meet in person? And also when do you have the wedding planned? Sorry for being such an inquisitive person! lol

4 people like this

Good guess, Olivier. Did you use her hint that it isn't someone who posts much in the forums?

Oh danggg, for some reason when you asked if you could guess I had a feeling you knew the answer somehow. Mind if I ask exactly how you figured it out?? lol Got me stumped over here.

I think that's just the sweetest thing! I'm so happy that everything worked out for the two of you; it's very inspiring for the rest of us on here :) Mind if I ask how you guys first decided to meet in person? And also when do you have the wedding planned? Sorry for being such an inquisitive person! lol

We started out just talking here on WTM.org (I'm the fiance btw lol! ;) ) then it progressed to facebook and text, then talking on the phone and skyping...and finally meeting up! From the time we actually started talking a lot on the phone and thru skype it was maybe a month...month and a half before we met in person. So not too terribly long. Now it was only a two hour drive away mind you, but still a little nerve wracking for sure! She actually suggested it one day (I swear I was going to ask her the NEXT time we talked...I had it all planned out haha!) but she beat me to it. No problem. I asked her to marry me so I made up for it  :D

That was a little over 2 years ago (WOW 2 yrs already!?! First date = March 2, 2012 :) ) and we are getting married June 21st...barely two months from now!! VERY excited! Never would have EVER imagined that I'd have met my future wife the night I decided to join this site. It still amazes me.

16 people like this

We started out just talking here on WTM.org (I'm the fiance btw lol! ;) ) then it progressed to facebook and text, then talking on the phone and skyping...and finally meeting up! From the time we actually started talking a lot on the phone and thru skype it was maybe a month...month and a half before we met in person. So not too terribly long. Now it was only a two hour drive away mind you, but still a little nerve wracking for sure! She actually suggested it one day (I swear I was going to ask her the NEXT time we talked...I had it all planned out haha!) but she beat me to it. No problem. I asked her to marry me so I made up for it  :D

That was a little over 2 years ago (WOW 2 yrs already!?! First date = March 2, 2012 :) ) and we are getting married June 21st...barely two months from now!! VERY excited! Never would have EVER imagined that I'd have met my future wife the night I decided to join this site. It still amazes me.

Congrats! You are getting married on my 25th birthday, on which I'm attending my cousin's wedding.

4 people like this

I did once (not gonna name names, but if you were around at the time and heard from me, you probably know who I'm referring to). Two of them turned out to be emotionally and verbally abusive psychos (they've since left the site) and the third turned out to be a two faced drunk blankety-blank. So, yeah, guess you have to be careful everywhere, haha.

1 person likes this