Natureboy

Are women turned off by inexperience?

36 posts in this topic

Sadly you guys are a bit screwed because of this. Nowadays most girls immediately assume that a guy is experienced and that just makes the unexperienced ones seem... strange. My college classmates actually made fun of one guy that never had a girlfriend. That wasn't cool at all.

Fortunately, I don't think like that. I always assume that they are unexperienced, lol,  I don't know why. And then they surprise me...

1 person likes this

Sadly you guys are a bit screwed because of this. Nowadays most girls immediately assume that a guy is experienced and that just makes the unexperienced ones seem... strange. My college classmates actually made fun of one guy that never had a girlfriend. That wasn't cool at all.

Fortunately, I don't think like that. I always assume that they are unexperienced, lol,  I don't know why. And then they surprise me...

That sounds about right. And the real sad irony is that these are likely the same girls who complain about the unfair "double standard" (promiscuous woman = slut, promiscuous guy = hero). They just can't fathom that perhaps they should stop rewarding slutty guys and shaming virgins. I think its different standards, because of the differences between the sexes. Men do the competing, women do the selecting; pretty much all a woman has to do to get sex, is say, "Yes." So her having a high notch count is nothing special or impressive...its like getting a gold medal just for participation. And it certainly doesn't convey anything that'd make her an ideal wife. (Sexual "skill" can be garnered with anyone at anytime. If my wife were just as clueless as me, well, that'd definitely be an enormous weight off my shoulders.)

Its so much different for guys...we have to prove ourselves if we are to play the field. Despite my personal objections to his lifestyle, a guy who has slept around is showing that he has something worthy of praise, whether it be social skill or appearance. At this point, even girls who claim to be "moral" will put out soon if they like the recipient dude enough.

6 people like this

That sounds about right. And the real sad irony is that these are likely the same girls who complain about the unfair "double standard" (promiscuous woman = slut, promiscuous guy = hero). They just can't fathom that perhaps they should stop rewarding slutty guys and shaming virgins. I think its different standards, because of the differences between the sexes. Men do the competing, women do the selecting; pretty much all a woman has to do to get sex, is say, "Yes." So her having a high notch count is nothing special or impressive...its like getting a gold medal just for participation. And it certainly doesn't convey anything that'd make her an ideal wife. (Sexual "skill" can be garnered with anyone at anytime. If my wife were just as clueless as me, well, that'd definitely be an enormous weight off my shoulders.)

Its so much different for guys...we have to prove ourselves if we are to play the field. Despite my personal objections to his lifestyle, a guy who has slept around is showing that he has something worthy of praise, whether it be social skill or appearance. At this point, even girls who claim to be "moral" will put out soon if they like the recipient dude enough.

I hated reading your comment because it's right on the money. You're unfortunately totally right. People should be kinder. Just because someone is inexperienced doesn't mean he or she is an unsuitable romantic partner. It's messed up but it's not like us waiters can do anything about this.

I hated reading your comment because it's right on the money. You're unfortunately totally right. People should be kinder. Just because someone is inexperienced doesn't mean he or she is an unsuitable romantic partner. It's messed up but it's not like us waiters can do anything about this.

The truth, no matter how grim or painful. That's almost always been my philosophy. And this is part of why things are the way they are right now. Women generally just don't care much where a guy has been, and don't have the patience to coach an inexperienced one. Sexual history absolutely matters. The more a guy or girl rides the carousel, the less likely they'll ever be truly satisfied by just one person. 

3 people like this

Yes. The majority of our society seems to see inexperienced as the worst thing you could possibly be, e.g. the word 'virgin' is often used as an insult, especially so when it's directed at guys.

But seeing that there are so many users on this forum really renews my hope that there ARE plenty of people who diverge from what society deems as “normal“, and as long as that’s true, I don’t really care what the majority thinks.

(*´꒳`*)

5 people like this

Yes. The majority of our society seems to see inexperienced as the worst thing you could possibly be, e.g. the word 'virgin' is often used as an insult, especially so when it's directed at guys.

But seeing that there are so many users on this forum really renews my hope that there ARE plenty of people who diverge from what society deems as “normal“, and as long as that’s true, I don’t really care what the majority thinks.

(*´꒳`*)

I think you make a good point here. A lot of women would be turned off by it, but there are people who wouldn't be. At the end of the day, would a waiter even really want to be with someone who is turned off by it? Probably not. It seems like there would be mutual disinterest in a case like that.

The truth, no matter how grim or painful. That's almost always been my philosophy.

Even if one were to lie to themselves about this, they would find out soon enough once they start dating and meet a bunch of women who are like, "You're a virgin........yeah......no." Even if they are okay with your virginity, there's still a decent chance that the response is, "You want to wait until marriage? Yeah......no." Might as well accept that waiting makes it more difficult to find a partner.

3 people like this

Even if one were to lie to themselves about this, they would find out soon enough once they start dating and meet a bunch of women who are like, "You're a virgin........yeah......no." Even if they are okay with your virginity, there's still a decent chance that the response is, "You want to wait until marriage? Yeah......no." Might as well accept that waiting makes it more difficult to find a partner.

That's not even the half of it. You should know there are much, much more truths to life that are hard for any sane person to accept.

Is this about what I think about men being "inexperienced" or just what women in general think?

Anyway, I'd hope most decent women wouldn't mind, even if some women would. If they're shallow, and only care about how "good" you'll be, then you're better off without them.

For me, experience has the exact opposite effect on me. When I see in movies/TV shows/books etc. where guys will try to get a girl to like them more by saying, "Oh, I've had three sexual partners already" or whatever, I just think, "How can girls think that's a good thing?" Seriously, if that ever happens to me in a bar or whatever, and some guy's trying to brag about his past, I'm just going to make a face and say, "Oh, well that's too bad, I prefer a guy who's got respect for women," and just walk away.

So, yeah, "experience" doesn't make me find guys more attractive. I'd much prefer a husband who's new to everything on our wedding night than some guy who's "practised" on other women.

xxx

5 people like this

Hello ladies,

I was reading another forum about relationships and was wondering if most women are usually turned off by a guy's inexperience with women. I don't mean sex, but dating or being in relationships. Below is a quote that summarizes what I was thinking about.

“The older you get the more experienced they get, and the more foolish you look for not being as experienced for your age.  The older you get the more pathetic you seem to the opposite sex.â€

Your inexperience does not determine your quality.

5 people like this

Is this about what I think about men being "inexperienced" or just what women in general think?

Anyway, I'd hope most decent women wouldn't mind, even if some women would. If they're shallow, and only care about how "good" you'll be, then you're better off without them.

For me, experience has the exact opposite effect on me. When I see in movies/TV shows/books etc. where guys will try to get a girl to like them more by saying, "Oh, I've had three sexual partners already" or whatever, I just think, "How can girls think that's a good thing?" Seriously, if that ever happens to me in a bar or whatever, and some guy's trying to brag about his past, I'm just going to make a face and say, "Oh, well that's too bad, I prefer a guy who's got respect for women," and just walk away.

So, yeah, "experience" doesn't make me find guys more attractive. I'd much prefer a husband who's new to everything on our wedding night than some guy who's "practised" on other women.

xxx

I've heard girls say they could never do it with a someone who never has before. Majority of them are just fixated on short-term gratification and don't have the patience to work with a noob. 

4 people like this