Invincible

Your favorite/least favorite thing about the opposite sex.

9 posts in this topic

If you need me to explain this one, then you need to go back to kindergarten and learn how to read again.

My favorite thing about girls is that they are easier to open up to. As guys, we have an unspoken rule never to show emotion around each other. But girls are more relational and are more understanding in that regard. I feel more comfortable being sensitive around girls so when I'm talking about matters of the heart, it's usually with a girl. That is something that I've always appreciated about girls. 

My least favorite thing about girls is how ridiculously irrational they can be sometimes. Particularly in the issue of them saying they want a nice guy but then go for the jerk. Then they stay with the jerk despite how badly he treats her out of the hope she will change him and because he's exciting!!!!! But logically, wouldn't you want to be with someone you didn't want to change in the first place? But that's a whole another topic and it's been beating dead horses to death already so I'l just leave it at that.

2 people like this

About the nice guys vs jerk thing. Jerks are attractive even though they are jerks. Most girls though go for the good guy not the self-proclaimed nice guys. Hell one of my friends has a BF who seems like a typical jerk but is a really friendly and cool person although you wouldn't mess with him. Hell he was the one who started talking to me.

The thing I like about girls:

-They are more emphatic, friendly and are attractive.......;)

Things I dislike:

-The ones who are manipulative or just cold.

-I find it hard to strike up convos with them.

This is sort of a precarious topic.  That being said, I believe I'll post anyway.  I would like to indicate that my response is not intended to be disrespectful or hurtful in any way.  It's simply rooted in what I have experienced and observed over the course of my life.

After reading the title, before reading any posts, the thing that came to my mind was very similar your answer, Vince.

My most favored and least favored aspect of the female gender is their emotional component and the immense power it has over we men.  Because of it women are the beautiful safe place in this world for us.  Because of it men are empowered, healed, grown, nurtured, and given sustenance in the depths of their being.  Yet, because of it, many a man has been driven to the brink of insanity.

I know men who would deteriorate and waste away to nothing -- heart, soul, mind, and body -- without their wives.  Those same men are often clinging their last nerve because of their wives.

I'll be honest, emotional intimacy is what I look forward to the most in marriage -- yes, more so than sex -- and it is also what I dread the most about marriage.  In an instant, a woman's emotions are beautiful and wondrous, a splendor that is beyond your wildest dreams.  In the next instant they can be your worst nightmare.  In so many ways I am woefully incomplete and agonizingly unfulfilled because I do not have the magic and beauty of a female heart in my life.  But, I believe I have a great deal more peace, calm, and simplicity because I do not -- things that I honestly require to remain healthy and functional.

When it's all said and done, if I ever come across the right woman, there is no way I would give up spending the rest of my life with her; no way I would give up the blessing of having her beauty and glory be a part of my existence.  I just could not let that pass me by, no matter how badly I need peace and calm.  There isn't anything worth having in this life that comes without a price.  Something as spectacular and invaluable as the heart of a woman, certainly isn't an exception to that rule.

5 people like this

The thing I like most about guys is probably how warm and protective and strong they are (not in a physical sense) It starts with my dad then my brother and my close uncles; sometimes they can be overprotective but I love how they care about me and my feelings in hard times and my well being . I would say its a different type of caring shown than women in the family but I don't care to explain right now.

The thing I hate about guys is that most of them (at least many i know)are influenced badly or pressured by their friends for many things even the simple things. It's a turn off when I guy goes and does something not in his character because his friends wanted him too . Another thing I hate is when a guy can't accept who he is because the world and music artists tells him who to be and what to like and he listens to them. Yeh LOW SELF ESTEEM especially with guys=turn....off but also COCKINESS=turn....off

The thing I like most about guys is how fun/easy it is for me to talk to them, I can talk about my "nerdy" things(technology, games, cars etc.) and they actually talk back and know what they're talking about. I also find myself having deeper conversations with men the conversations are always different and more intriguing.

The thing I dislike ha! this is easy....EGO 

Thats all folks

1 person likes this

The thing I like most about guys is probably how warm and protective and strong they are (not in a physical sense)

I was going to say this too. Plus guys are funnier and more laid-back.

My least favourite thing about guys is how they objectify girls. Cat-calling, talking about us like we're blow-up dolls, mysoginistic jokes, lying to us to get laid, etc...it's disgusting. There are way too many guys like this and it can be so hard to remember that there are a lot of wonderful guys out there too. 

1 person likes this

What I like specifically about females (as in men can't do this for me) is how attractive I find some of them.

What I dislike about females is how so few haven't gone as far as making out.

Ahhhhh here's an oldie but a goodie (the topic I mean)

My favorite thing about girls/women:

I'd agree with what Vince said above about women being easier to "open up" to that's true.

To add though they're also a bit more tactful you know. Like responding to things, say a text or email and more chatty as far as asking questions like how's your day or something.

My least favorite thing:

I dislike how at times most things have so much emotion behind them. That it seems as though women have greater difficulty dividing emotion and logic.

1 person likes this

Favourite things about guys:

I don't know, nothing I can think of that would apply to guys in general and not just an individual guy.  

Least favourite things about guys:

Their sexuality, sex drive, sexual interests/desires, and their genitals.

I know guys don't usually actively choose those things for themselves, but I still don't like those things in anybody. Totally kills my interest in guys and relationships.

1 person likes this