Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thatgirlbrenda

PAY IT FORWARD...

7 posts in this topic

When I open the door for someone and then the person infront of me opens the door for the both of us

In that moment its the best kindness

3 people like this

Not sure what "Paid it forward" means

Have you never seen the movie "Pay it Forward"? Because it's pretty awesome. It has the kid from the Sixth Sense and AI in it...

But it's kind of the opposite of paying something back. If someone does a good deed for you, then instead of you doing something nice for them back, you do it for someone else, who then in turn would have to do something nice for someone else. 

EXAMPLE: Someone pays for your lunch, leaving a note saying something like, "I got this for you, so pay it forward". Then you might be passing a parking meter thing that's about to expire, so you put in a few extra coins so the person won't get a ticket, and leave a note asking them to pay it forward. Then that person might shovel snow for a neighbour for free and ask them to do a good deed for someone else instead of paying them, and so on.

You are supposed to tell the person to pay it forward, of course, or the chain won't work. In the movie, they extend it to doing a good deed for three different people, just in case one person doesn't pay it forward - that way, the chain doesn't get broken.

xxx

1 person likes this

Have you never seen the movie "Pay it Forward"? Because it's pretty awesome. It has the kid from the Sixth Sense and AI in it...

But it's kind of the opposite of paying something back. If someone does a good deed for you, then instead of you doing something nice for them back, you do it for someone else, who then in turn would have to do something nice for someone else. 

EXAMPLE: Someone pays for your lunch, leaving a note saying something like, "I got this for you, so pay it forward". Then you might be passing a parking meter thing that's about to expire, so you put in a few extra coins so the person won't get a ticket, and leave a note asking them to pay it forward. Then that person might shovel snow for a neighbour for free and ask them to do a good deed for someone else instead of paying them, and so on.

You are supposed to tell the person to pay it forward, of course, or the chain won't work. In the movie, they extend it to doing a good deed for three different people, just in case one person doesn't pay it forward - that way, the chain doesn't get broken.

xxx

What an interesting concept...

1 person likes this

A couple weeks ago I pulled into a McDonalds drive-thru. I decided while I was in line that I would like to bless somebody, so when it came my time to pay I also paid for the person behind me. I just asked the cashier to say "Merry Christmas" and went on my way satisfied with the blessing given.

Several minutes later I arrived at work and a co-worker pulled up as I walking in and asked me if I had just been at McDonalds. I asked her how she knew that. She said she was a couple vehicles behind me and the woman in front of her bought her breakfast and sent a message "Merry Christmas". Lol My co-worker then paid for the person behind her.

That little blessing turned into several blessings. So worth the few dollars spent!

That's what paying it forward  is all about. :)

6 people like this

I have been on both sides, a few times... actually, a lot, in my life. It's a wonderful feeling, either way, because (on one side) you get to have that wonderful feeling of doing something good for someone and (on the other side) you get to have that feeling that the whole world really ISN'T just full of terrible-only-out-for-themselves people. It's like a simple thing that restores your faith in the world. :)

1 person likes this