Queen

Deception

12 posts in this topic

"Men lie because women like what they hear. Women wear makeup because men like what they see."

What do you think of this statement? 

Is makeup like lying?

I like to think of make-up as a tool to:

1. Accentuate the beautiful features that women already have, and

2. Make women feel more confident...and when you like how you look, you're generally happier and more outgoing!

I don't think make-up is lying. Plus, you can tell when someone is wearing it.

But, it is true that men like what they see...

Unless when the woman's 6th sense figure he's lying.. then he's in the dog box.  So men.. never ever lie towards a woman.  But there is one gray area.  When woman asks us men.. 

Woman:  "Hun.  Do you think I look good in this dress?"

Man:  "No my dear, you look absolutely magnificent in that dress"

Woman: *gave man the glare of doom, and stomping her foot on the floor vigorously, and folding her arms* 

What must we men say towards her if she asks us such question.  Of course she looks good in the dress.  If we lie, we will still be in the dog box.  Now thats a gray area for us men.

But matter of fact.. we men better not lie.  Otherwise world war 3 upon us.

2 people like this

"Men lie because women like what they hear. Women wear makeup because men like what they see."

What do you think of this statement? 

Is makeup like lying?

Wow you are very deep today. Ha ha

Are you hinting that a man may lie to look good/big in front of a woman ? And a woman may wear make up to lure a chap ?

If so I guess lies are worse as they contain un truths, showing off doing a Tarzan impersonation may be better but these days its hard to get the swim costume !!!

Make up nar thats not the same. As said its a good ego booster, many women like to be admired and why not. Thats ok in my book. I guess if make up is worn just to attract and then once you have a partner you never wear it again then hmmmmmmm YES. Thats lying. Ha ha Joke.

Col.....

There are lots of slick, smooth talking players out there who just want sex that know what to say in order to make a girl feel special. The sad part is that many woman fall for this crap. For all the hype around women having strong intuitive power to detect BS, it sure doesn't seem to pick up on these pick up artists (BA DUM CHEE). Ladies, if a guy appears exceedingly confident that borderlines cockiness, chances are he's a player. Instead, pay more attention to the guy who is genuinely interested in what you have to say and asks you about your interests, hopes and values. He's the kind of guy who wants to get to know you as a person rather than use stupid pick up lines to con you into bed.

Those who know me a fair amount know my feelings on makeup and how I think it is from the devil. While I wouldn't go so far to say that makeup is a lie in most cases, sometimes it can be. Why you ask? Because if you're the type of girl who plasters 20 layers to the point where you look like a clown, then that is essentially a mask. It is a lie because that is not what you really look like. In my POV, God did not create Eve with a face full of makeup. His creation was already perfect to begin with, so I don't understand why you would want to cover it up with imperfect man-made chemicals. No matter how many girls insist they look hideous without makeup, that is simply a lie that society tells girls. They exploit a women's insecurity of her looks by telling her she's not pretty enough unless she buys their product. Don't listen to society, listen to me because I'm always right (unless if I say I am wrong because then that statement would be wrong). Ask yourself this: Would you really want the world or the man of your dreams to see you for who you really are or would you rather be seen for the mask you put on? If a man cannot look at your natural face without makeup and say that you're beautiful without it, he's not the one for you.

But matter of fact.. we men better not lie.  Otherwise world war 3 upon us.

Eugene, my man. A war implies both sides having a fighting chance. It's more accurate to say we are in for a massacre if you anger a woman :)

4 people like this

No, I don't consider makeup a lie. I don't find women who put a ton of it on to be attractive, but they're not lying to me. It's really up to a woman to decide if she feels like she looks better with or without it.

1 person likes this

I don't think makeup is lying but it can be quite deceptive. Unless there's too much makeup by most women's standards I can't tell she is wearing makeup. I want to know what they look like naturally and wearing just enough makeup to hide ones natural beauty is deceptive and clever at the same time. I think girls with the right amount on are beautiful, I just wish they didn't have it on all of the time.

I'm sure many men say what they think a woman wants to hear rather than the truth which may not always be nice. I'm gonna say it how it is. If I lie I'll either get caught in the lie or just feel too guilty knowing I lied. If she doesn't like me for who I am or what I have to say then either we can work on that or move on, but lying or saying what she "wants" to hear is just going to lead to trouble.

"Men lie because women like what they hear. Women wear makeup because men like what they see."

In reply;

First and foremost I don't believe in lying as oftentimes one lie leads to another and another to cover your tracks so to say.

It's deception.

However at times to spare someone's feelings, as in the case above by Eugene.

The woman, wife isn't asking for a true opinion.

She's requesting reassurance for what she already sees.

I would use my own judgement and of course trust that my wife has eyes and a mirror certainly.

It's not 'lying' so to say, to respond, gee honey, that dress looks great.

Or that it looks, decent.

When maybe the first one she's tried on 45 mins ago, yes come on ladies let's be honest here.

Maybe the 5th one she tried on looked best to me.

Now to address the actual question:

I do believe as in the scenario above that yes the first sentence is true. To a point as I believe wise women see what a guy's actions say, not just what's said verbally.

And as Vince has illustrated above is a good scenario also.

But I as he, I still wonder why it continues?

Now the second sentence I have to agree with also.

However wise gentlemen, also see with more than just our eyes, we also see with our hearts.

Men we are visual beings.

However to pose this:

How many women/girls didn't enjoy the scene in Twilight: New Moon when Jacob is caressing Bella, sans shirt?

Okay!

However most of us guys have a depth that generally women don't give us much credit for.

Now this:

Is makeup like lying?

I'm with what many of the guys here have already said.

I strongly, firmly believe in appreciating natural beauty.

It's refreshing and very attractive, to see a woman who is bold enough, confident in who she is, to bare her 'imperfections'.

Her freckles, or the way her acne scars are still fading, or that her eyelashes aren't long defined and elegant, as the folks at Maybelline have defined.

The common brown eyed, girl with the simple, cute little dimples, the way her teeth maybe aren't exactly cosmetically straightened.

What I like to say is extraordinary, ordinary, wonderfully beautiful!

To not wear a mask you know

Now of course maybe there are special occasions when make-up would be a confidence booster and I could certainly see the desire to want to feel a bit more confident.

Besides isn't this one of reasons or benefits of why women wear heels?

Height equating confidence, assertiveness.

4 people like this

For all the hype around women having strong intuitive power to detect BS, it sure doesn't seem to pick up on these pick up artists (BA DUM CHEE).

Sincerely could not stop laughing, :D

On topic though, I can sort of see the logic behind that statement, but then again those relationships that are based upon deception will always fall apart. The unfortunate thing is that it can take a while for the deception to be shown, you are blessed if you can catch the deception early because you will avoid a lot of hurt.

First line:

I think woman need to slow down and observe men. Watch thier interactions with each other and with women. You can learn so much by just observing. "If it seems to good to be true" can fall from the lips of Mr. Dreamy too. Women do have a strong gut instinct. I think sometimes the desires of our heart override it though. We can look back and say "Yeah. Why didn't I see that?" You did. You chose to let it slide. We can only be treated as we allow others to treat us.

Second line:

I don't wear make-up. It's a personal choice. I have wore it in the past, to cover imperfections, feel better about my appearance, ect. I came to a point in my life where I decided that I am who I am. I accept me as me, imperfections and all. If someone can not love me for that then they aren't worthy of the love I can bestow upon them.  

Now, having said that, I do color my hair. The ink ran out in the printer...so to speak, but mostly just on top, and if I let it go my hair is grey/white on top and the rest dark brown. If I had uniform grey i would consider wearing naturally, but as it is not uniform I color it. Lately I have gone with a lighter blonde because it blends well with the grey. Some say I look natural as a blonde. I like it, so i wear it that way.

So...additional question...

Is coloring/dying your hair a lie?

1 person likes this