Matthew

Will you share this site?

13 posts in this topic

With your next (or current) SO? If so, how long would you wait to share it with them? Would you hide your forum identity from them?

I'll probably share the site with my next serious girlfriend (1) after a while if she's already committed to waiting, or (2) fairly early if she seems hesitant or needs some convincing (starting with some of the articles). In either case, I'll probably not tell her I'm an active member for a while, since there are some posts I'd rather her not read until we're closer.

4 people like this

I would not share it with them, I'd let them read articles from it and such but they can stay away from the forums :P I'm just not a huge WTM fanatic, I don't think ill be talking about WTM all the time inside of a relationship.

Hmmm interesting. Ideal world I would share it. That would be great. Sally/dodgy rotters lol. Sadly my views are n shared so booooo.

Have a great weekend. Col.

If she's a fellow waiter then I would share the site early on without hesitation. If she's saving herself for marriage then there's no reason she would think negatively of the site.

If she's not a virgin or waiter for that matter I would not share the site early on. I would make it clear though that I'm waiting till marriage and if she's okay with that I'd share the site later months into the relationship.

As for me I try to vocalize and promote WTM with folks I know.

Typically Christians, and other groups that I have a connection with already and can have some sort of a backdrop to build that foundational conversation on.

I feel as though not being a "closet waiter" strengthens my own resolve to continue waiting.

Now that being said, I'm totally not one to walk into the crew/break room at work and put up posters or hand out wrist bands.

Though in my heart I feel it'd be the right thing to do.

1 person likes this

I have shared my discovery of the site with a couple family members and ladies at church.

@rookiepilot, I would totally hand out wristbands!!

Now as far as sharing with my SO... I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. In a crazy sort of way I view this site as MY support system and I share some honest, personal things here. With that being said, it would be a wonderful way for my SO to see another facet of me. So eventually, probably, yes.

@MSTRJOSH...LOL

4 people like this

I have shared my discovery of the site with a couple family members and ladies at church.

@rookiepilot, I would totally hand out wristbands!!

Now as far as sharing with my SO... I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. In a crazy sort of way I view this site as MY support system and I share some honest, personal things here. With that being said, it would be a wonderful way for my SO to see another facet of me. So eventually, probably, yes.

@MSTRJOSH...LOL

Hey interesting isn it. If someone read my posts and opinions on here then my beliefs wishes and wants are pretty much on the table so hey it could all be part of courtship. He he

Happy Saturday all xx

2 people like this

Umm id prefer to stay anonymous to EVERYONE at the moment including my friends but I'll talk wtm with a few close friends. As for sharing with a SO, when im older, I will in between dating a while and fiancé or fiancé and husband

No, I won't share this site. I want them to get to know me gradually by being with me and talking to me, not by reading things I have posted on here. You could say I could just not tell her I have posted on here, but she might figure it out if she knows enough about me.

i dont think i would share it i mean this is the one place no one knows me and i dont know people thats a plus i dont have to keep up with people im just me ,no judgment and critism from people from how i am perceived so i would be caught dead sharing it besides if they really needed such a site they would have found it on their own just like how i discovered it (i know i sound selfish but hey u have to be allitle selfish at times)

I have thought about this and I am torn.  I would love for a significant other to join in on the topics because I WANT to know how they feel on some important topics we have discussed on WTM.  On the other hand, I have revealed a whole lot about myself on here and I would want all that info to become a part of a relationship in time.  Too much information too soon might not be so good. 

On the other hand, I have changed my name on here just so I could promote this site to others (besides a significant other) without revealing all about myself.  I don't hide personal information from others, but sometimes it is just simply out of context and not the right time. 

One idea whenever I do finally go on a date (haha), is just starting a new identity all together on the WTM forums and invite them to start participating with me.

1 person likes this

@ThatGirlBrenda

I'm glad there's at least one person who would hand out wristbands.

That'd be a cool idea, wristbands to us guys and purity runs to girls.

Sure, I would, but I'd wait to tell him until we knew each other well enough. Like others have said, I've commented on some topics here that I'd prefer him to read after we have discussed them face to face first.