Guest Princess Victoria

How many kids do you want?

49 posts in this topic

None. But if I meet someone they'll probably want them.. So I guess one of each and no more, and if I can only have one I want a boy so he'll hopefully be interested in my hobbies too.

Minimum of three...well, maybe four...That still seems kind of low. Five...Six? Though, if I'm having six, I should probably just make it up to seven. That's a nice number. Eight's my favourite number, though...

Heck, I'm just going to get married and see how many children come along. That seems like a good plan.

A minimum of three, though. Or four. Or...Yeah, I'll just wait and see.  :P

xxx

6 people like this

At least 2. One boy one girl. I'd probably want to max out at 3 depending on our financial situation. I'd name them either Adriana, Katie, Taylor, or Adrian, Brian, Allen.

One child; boy or girl doesn't matter. Though a girl does seem nice since I'm gonna be a Daddy...though a son would be great too. So either is a blessing :)

Hmmmm ok got two one of each both twist me around their fingers wanted.................lots more.

1 person likes this

No more than two; a boy and a girl would be golden. Originally, I didn't want any kids at all, but recently changed my mind, considering that there wouldn't be much point in getting married at all, especially with the way marriage is today, if I didn't want a family. 

None (but that's my decision right now, at this age), but if I ever get married and he wants to have kids, I'll probably only want one, a boy. I keep debating whether I ever want to have children or not, but that's my answer right now.

Very fun thread!! I have ALWAYS wanted to be a Mom! I would LOVE to have twins!!! Doesn't matter to me what sex! As long as they are healthy!! I'm wanting 2.....maybe 3. Whatever God blesses me with I'm satisfied!! I hope my future Husband will be of the same mind!!! Giggle!

2 people like this

I'm always going back and forth on if I would have any. The maximum for me would be 4 but I don't think I could have one child, would not want them to be an only child. I was for a while and happier now that I have my siblings (even though they annoy me lol).

1 person likes this

I want 3 kids max, I'm the oldest of 4 and it sucks. I would prefer to have daughters. 

4.12, to double the national average.

I think 4 is a good number. I'm the third of four boys biologically and when I was 10 became the fourth of six, and I loved it for the most part. It keeps things interesting having a good number of personalities in a home. Ideally I want two boys and two girls. I'm kind of scared to raise either in this society but hopefully my awesome lady and I will do alright.

3 people like this

I would say 2-4. I'm not sure at this time. It depends on what he wants and how the first one went. I've heard couples have one and decide that was enough for them even though they started out wanting a large family. Though I think 3 would be my perfect number because that is what I grew up in, I am adaptable and ready for whatever life throws our way. 

2 people like this

I don't view kids as the only point of marriage though.

For me, the point of marriage is finding someone who you love and then taking over the world with them. Ha!

Minimum 2 (don't want a loner) Max probably 3,4,or 5(that's it!!) depending on the problems of the previous child births and my health. (ha may be one.. something so big should not be coming out of something that little!! Ugh)

I never can understand why in general girls seem to want to have more kids then guys.....I mean we're not the ones suffering during labor...lol

As an only child, I must vehmently speak out against the myth that being an only child means that you are lonely. This Isn't True At All! I was never lonely growing up nor did I grow up to be socially introverted nor selfish or any other falsehood associated with being an only child. I was very articulate from a young age, never had problems making friends, and I learned to share just fine (common learned that in the sandbox :P). My mother was also an only child and she was never any of this either. Tell me what's wrong with being able to fully financially provide, support, and care for your child? Furthermore all of you with brothers and sisters how many times did you not like, despise, or even hate one of your brothers or sisters? Now tell me if that assumption is a myth?

1 person likes this

I never can understand why in general girls seem to want to have more kids then guys.....I mean we're not the ones suffering during labor...lol

I know why. First, child bearing is a natural female desire even if its painful. Secondly, more children sometimes means less sex for us guys in the long run because she may be too exhausted from taking care of them.

I love children and I can't wait to be a father but they can be huge cock blocks. :D

1 person likes this

I know why. First, child bearing is a natural female desire even if its painful. Secondly, more children sometimes means less sex for us guys in the long run because she may be too exhausted from taking care of them.

I love children and I can't wait to be a father but they can be huge cock blocks. Oil.

Exactly.

I will not let my kids screw up my marriage.

I'll tell my wife that she should do away with the garbage "My kids come before my husband." It should be 50-50 and if you cant maintain that then dont have kids.

1 person likes this

Exactly.

I will not let my kids screw up my marriage.

I'll tell my wife that she should do away with the garbage "My kids come before my husband." It should be 50-50 and if you cant maintain that then dont have kids.

See I don't want that many kids and when/if I have them I don't want them till later in life. (Like 30-35). I don't want kids either because I feel like it will take away time from me and my husband and I do have to defend the women and say from what Ive seen, the woman ends up taking care of the kids. It's like guys can talk all they want about equality and all this stuff but really it's a gamble and its not like if the guys not giving in 50/50 you can just RETURN the kid...hahaha.

Not only that but you can't have sex for awhile after such a painful endeavor, you will probably gain weight and not be as attractive to your husband...not get any sleep for months (at least my friend with a baby)and on top of that possibly feel inadequate because your husband is checking out other leaner chicks...and be expected to workout in between all of that. Also a guy can usually maintain his social life a little easier while the woman takes care of the kids. Idk this is just what Ive been around with my parents so maybe Im biased but it seems like a big gamble to me. But then again if you have the right counterpart equality would happen in the first place :)

But I do have to defend the woman's position and say if the guy's being equal in helping out (at least as equal as he can be if he's working all day...) then it's still gonna be hard for the tired mom to go out but I think that IS putting your kids first by going out with your spouse alone and that is the most important thing you can do for your kids.

2 people like this

Oh! And I want 0, 1, or 2 kids lol.

Definitely a boy because girls are way too much drama and hopefully another boy but the second kid a girl would be cool to have both. :) Ive always wanted to adopt the second one also.

3 people like this