Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Half Blood Prince

How Would You Feel If....

8 posts in this topic

...a random guy approached you?

-He is decent-looking and is hygenic and normal (not creepy, pedo, cheap etc...)

-Approaches you in a decent public setting like a mall, gym class, coffee store or bus stop.

Thanks.

It would depend.So long as he doesn't act cocky or use cheesy pick-up lines I would be ok. But personally, I would rather it be in a regular setting such as a gym or at a coffee shop you both frequent..in such places where you're  likely to bump into each other regularly and can easily foster a friendship. But I wouldn't like it if some stranger just walked up to you and just asked for your number. That often leads to uncomfortable and awkward situations when trying to kindly turn them down.

1 person likes this

It would depend.So long as he doesn't act cocky or use cheesy pick-up lines I would be ok. But personally, I would rather it be in a regular setting such as a gym or at a coffee shop you both frequent..in such places where you're  likely to bump into each other regularly and can easily foster a friendship. But I wouldn't like it if some stranger just walked up to you and just asked for your number. That often leads to uncomfortable and awkward situations when trying to kindly turn them down.

So the approach should go like:

1) Introductions

2) Flirting/Connection blah blah

3) Is there chemistry?

4) Number/date??

Instead of "Hi what's your number?"

I want to know because my friends don't set ANYONE up and I think talking to a stranger might lead to something.

I read this one quote that one of the best pick-up lines is: "HI." Um, I guess if I met a person who at least had the decency to politely talk to me first and make me feel comfortable and not creeped out, I guess it would work. Just try to ease the stranger status off first and I'll most likely consider it. But that's me personally, 

I'm all for acute guy approaching me! Yes I'd love that because I'm shy when first meeting most people(for now) and I don't really believe in a girl approaching a guy so yeup! (unless he wanted a hookup or booty call)

...a random guy approached you?

-He is decent-looking and is hygenic and normal (not creepy, pedo, cheap etc...)

-Approaches you in a decent public setting like a mall, gym class, coffee store or bus stop.

Thanks.

The last time a random, decent-looking guy approached me he offered to pay me for sex. I was dressed as conservatively as a nun that day (not that I ever wear revealing clothing.) The thing is, I am HORRIBLY awkward when it comes to "random" people who approach me, regardless of gender, but it's even worse if it's a guy cuz I have very little experience talking to the male race (all girls school for 12 years, girl guides, no siblings, all-girl camps, etc.) I would much rather meet a guy in class.