NicoleNova

Princesses

29 posts in this topic

Here is a fun question...

If you had your pick of one of the Disney Princesses, which one would you pick to be your wife and why? 

2 people like this

I know Mark is going to have a field day with this one :)

Without a doubt it has to be Belle. She is intelligent, beautiful, a free thinker, independent and only cares about the heart. Out of all of them, she seems to be the most down-to-earth, girl-next-door like and realistic. Repunzel is a close second, but Belle gets points for being the closest to a real life girl you'd meet in your daily lives. All the other ones seem one dimensional to me (Cinderella, Aurora) or loses their identity to the prince (Ariel). Jasmine is good too, but she just seems really stuck up sometimes. I've never seen Frog Princess so I can't comment on Tiana. With Mulan....she's just too masculine for me. lol

So yeah, Belle all the way for me :)

6 people like this

I know Mark is going to have a field day with this one :)

Why Vince, it's like you know me!

Ok, I'd probably go with Vince and say Belle as well. She's not my favorite Disney Princess nor is she the most beautiful, in my opinion. But she's amazing! She's from my favorite Disney movie, first of all! She dresses very modestly, she enjoys reading, she's extremely loving and caring, what's not to love? Plus, I can sing "Be Our Guest" to her. So yeah, Belle is my choice.

P.S. I don't consider Mulan or Merida Disney Princesses, because Mulan isn't a king's daughter nor a prince's wife and Merida is not purely Disney, so they were out of the consideration for me. But even if they were being considered, they'd still not make it.

And I know the Disney Princesses get a lot of hate from some feminists (especially Ariel), but I personally love them and will continue to love them no matter how many feminists hate me, lol!

1 person likes this

Well obviously none they are all taken...... but if I could steal one ariel or jasmine those two are probably the coolest ones out there and adventurous.

Jasmine, because Belle suffers from Stockholm Syndrome.

1 person likes this

Belle is a cool disney princess...  but... the movie suggests a nice girl can soften a mean guy.  Maybe, but I wish the Prince changed back to his Beast every time he acted like one.  People don't just change in a day and someone ELSE can't change you in the long-term.

1 person likes this

Most people don't realize that Belle actually voluntarily made her captive to save her father and made do of the situation she was in. 

1 person likes this

Most people don't realize that Belle actually voluntarily made her captive to save her father and made do of the situation she was in. 

Say what you want, but I find that an extremely noble action!

I know, its a very selfless thing to do, yet people don't seem to remember why she was being held captive in the first place. 

In addition, you also have to remember that Ariel always had a desire to be a human, Eric was merely just a catalyst. She didn't simply lose her voice only over a guy, there were actually many other reasons, like that was her one wish she always wanted long before Eric came into the picture. 

1 person likes this

I'm sorry but I don't know any of the Disney princesses, but I do hope one day me and my Wife have a Princess of our own!

1 person likes this

I was never really into the Disney princesses. They're too bubbly for me. But if I had to choose I guess I'd go with Belle. From what I vaguely recall, I agree with Vince. Plus, maybe she has a thing for hairy guys.

3 people like this

Belle is a cool disney princess...  but... the movie suggests a nice girl can soften a mean guy.  Maybe, but I wish the Prince changed back to his Beast every time he acted like one.  People don't just change in a day and someone ELSE can't change you in the long-term.

As entertaining as Disney movies are, many of them sure have bad and unhealthy messages regarding love and life in general, especially to girls. Here are some examples:

The Little Mermaid: It teaches girls that they change themselves be with a man to the point where you disobey your parents and even changing your species to be with him. That is the equivalent to a sex change. Also, apparently it's a good thing to have an entire shrine full of trinkets that belong to the man in question and to obsess over them. Can you say stalkerish?

Beauty and the Beast: Like you said, it teaches that it is possible to change an abusive bad boy to be a sweet, romantic gentleman. Also, bestiality is okay in the film.

Sleeping Beauty: If a guy you just met once takes advantage of you in your sleep, it mean he is your Prince Charming and he's the one for you.

Snow White: An even worse example of the above point. In this case, she's never even met the guy before he takes advantage of her! The movie also highlights the worst case of female cattiness I've ever seen. We have the stepmother queen who is supposedly the hottest female in the land (Who is so narcissistic that she needs the validation from a mirror.) Then comes along another woman (Snow White) who is perceived to be even hotter than her. Out of Jealousy, the stepmother queen goes through great lengths to kill Snow White so that she will once again be the hottest female in the land. This is the reason why women do not rule the world, because they hate each other. lol

Aladdin: No matter how many times your boyfriend lies to you, you stay with him and even marry him eventually. It also shows what happens when you replace Robin Williams with the guy who voiced Homer Simpson: The sequel becomes a direct-to-DVD release. Also, people in the Middle East speak English.

Mulan: People are so dense that they cannot recognize a woman among men. Also, people in China speak English.

1 person likes this

The Little Mermaid: It teaches girls that they change themselves be with a man to the point where you disobey your parents and even changing your species to be with him. That is the equivalent to a sex change. Also, apparently it's a good thing to have an entire shrine full of trinkets that belong to the man in question and to obsess over them. Can you say stalkerish?

Vince, did you not read Fialily's post about this? Ariel always wanted to live on dry land even before meeting Eric. Also the trinkets weren't all Eric's. They were just things that she and her friend, the seagull found from sunken ships and such. The only thing that we know was Eric's was the statue of him that fell overboard. Sorry, this was my favorite Disney movie when I was a little girl and I always wanted to be a mermaid. lol (Sort of. You'd get pruny hands after a while.)

Vince, did you not read the Fialily's post about this? Ariel always wanted to live on dry land even before meeting Eric. Also the trinkets weren't all Eric's. They were just things that she and her friend, the seagull found from sunken ships and such. The only thing that we know was Eric's was the statue of him that fell overboard. Sorry, this was my favorite Disney movie when I was a little girl and I always wanted to be a mermaid. lol (Sort of. You'd get pruny hands after a while.)

Oops. I was too distracted by my own arrogant opinion that I drowned out everyone else's post. Besides, I'm old. I think I should get a free pass every once in a while if I don't remember certain details, even though I'm always right. At least I think I am, I forget :P

1 person likes this

(Sort of. You'd get pruny hands after a while.)

So shouldn't Ariel have had really taut or shriveled up skin when she was on land for a while, seeing that her skin was flawless when completely saturated with water her entire life?

So shouldn't Ariel have had really taut or shriveled up skin when she was on land for a while, seeing that her skin was flawless when completely saturated with water her entire life?

I have never thought of that, Matt. You're right! They should remake the entire movie and hire you to think through all these kinds of changes. 

1 person likes this

I dunno, I just thought mermaids had special skin to prevent that or something, but yeah, she would have been a prune! 

I guess the whole kissing while you were asleep thing would have been bad if it wasn't the only way to wake Aurora and Snow White up, thing is, it was and as creepy as it is... well, its either that or they sleep forever sadly. Pick your poison. Still, I guess it would be interesting if the prince kissed them and they were like "thank you for saving me" but didn't end up together since just because you help some girl doesn't mean you are entitled to be with them. 

As for Aladdin, I'll give you the whole compulsive liar thing, yet, thing about Aladdin is that he is the Disney prince probably with the most personality, a lot of them are very, well... flat compared to him.

As entertaining as Disney movies are, many of them sure have bad and unhealthy messages regarding love and life in general, especially to girls. Here are some examples:

Beauty and the Beast: Like you said, it teaches that it is possible to change an abusive bad boy to be a sweet, romantic gentleman. Also, bestiality is okay in the film.

Sleeping Beauty: If a guy you just met once takes advantage of you in your sleep, it mean he is your Prince Charming and he's the one for you.

Snow White: An even worse example of the above point. In this case, she's never even met the guy before he takes advantage of her! The movie also highlights the worst case of female cattiness I've ever seen. We have the stepmother queen who is supposedly the hottest female in the land (Who is so narcissistic that she needs the validation from a mirror.) Then comes along another woman (Snow White) who is perceived to be even hotter than her. Out of Jealousy, the stepmother queen goes through great lengths to kill Snow White so that she will once again be the hottest female in the land. This is the reason why women do not rule the world, because they hate each other. lol

Aladdin: No matter how many times your boyfriend lies to you, you stay with him and even marry him eventually. It also shows what happens when you replace Robin Williams with the guy who voiced Homer Simpson: The sequel becomes a direct-to-DVD release. Also, people in the Middle East speak English.

Mulan: People are so dense that they cannot recognize a woman among men. Also, people in China speak English.

I've heard the complaints about all the Disney Princesses many times, so I was thinking about writing some long paragraphs to defend them all, but just thinking of all that typing just tired me out!

I've heard the complaints about all the Disney Princesses many times, so I was thinking about writing some long paragraphs to defend them all, but just thinking of all that typing just tired me out!

Oh come on, mark! Put your love for Disney to test and defend the honor of the Princesses. Pretend I'm a Disney villain and you're the gallant knight in shining armor. Go on, counter my gigantic rant of nonsense and strike me with your biggest wall of text you can muster. You must win the hearts of the Princesses :)

1 person likes this

Oh come on, mark! Put your love for Disney to test and defend the honor of the Princesses. Pretend I'm a Disney villain and you're the gallant knight in shining armor. Go on, counter my gigantic rant of nonsense and strike me with your biggest wall of text you can muster. You must win the hearts of the Princesses :)

When all is said and done, the Disney villains are the best Disney characters period ;)

2 people like this

yeah, I guess you're right, still, the Horned King is probably the best Disney Villian ever. 

I mean, he is the most evil, but he's not the most fun and doesn't really do all that much. I find Shere Khan and Ratigan much more menacing.

yeah, the Horned King is more like, he is the best Disney Villian in that he actually does his job as a villian the best when it comes to scaring kids. 

yeah, the Horned King is more like, he is the best Disney Villian in that he actually does his job as a villian the best when it comes to scaring kids. 

I dunno, the Coachman and all the weird people in "Pinocchio" are pretty darn frightening!