Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tempest Desh

Dealing with Psychological Blocks

2 posts in this topic

Hey,

It seems to me that, in order for me to wait, I've had to build-up certain psychological blocks...along with certain bad habits (already been discussed in another thread...the habits, not the blocks). My concern is that if I do get married (yeah, I've flirted with the label 'asexual'...but I can't seem to let go of the desire for sex...), how would I go about releasing these things that hold me back from sex? Thanks in advance...

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

My 2cents: I don't think that'll be a problem. I think your body will remember that drive pretty quickly.

It's not like we're talking about math formulas that you might forget over time. We're talking about in-built, primal urges that you can only ever suppress but never totally get rid of.

It'll be like having your favorite food again after a long absence.

Plus, your blocks are based on lack...on the absence of the core thing that you're blocking around. When that thing is no longer absent, the blocks will come crashing down. It's like trying not to think about A1 because you can't eat steak. When you finally can eat steak again, you're going to want your precious A1 back.

If you really want to test it, try removing the blocks for a day. :D