thatgirlbrenda

Saving what's left of me...

19 posts in this topic

Hello Waiters,

After a divorce and a couple failed attempts to date I decided 6 years ago to forgo any sexual activity.

I have rededicated my life to Christ and will abstain from sex until I am married. At 48, I am raising a teenage daughter by myself and It is extrememly important to me that she not only listens to my words but sees my actions. I recognize now more than ever how important the way I live my life affects her. My abstinance is an example to her of how important it is to cherish our bodies and wait until we are married and become as one.

So that's my story, well, a very very small part of it. I admire all of you for your strength and courage. I look forward to getting to know you. 

9 people like this

Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here. I wish you luck and success with holding to your vows. We more than need good role models for the younger generation, so it's definitely great to hear about someone committing themselves to actually living by said values. Anywho...

See ya on the flipside,

Cyon Corell

2 people like this

Welcome! I really admire the example you are setting for your daughter, I'm sure she will thank you for it later. Having a strong mom like you will make a world of difference in her life. It seems like so many girls around my age were just never taught to have respect for themselves or to live by a moral code, so bravo :)

2 people like this

Welcome :)

You don't need to say "what's left of you". I don't think you have "lost" anything and I believe that people have infinite amounts of love to give :)

You have only lived, learned, and grown from your experiences. I think it's awesome that you've decided to wait!!

Welcome to the community!

2 people like this

glad to have you here!

you are a great role model to your children.

love yas,

victoria :]

1 person likes this

Wow! Another.....wonderful addition to this already GLORIOUS accumulation of MARVELOUS people! I know you will feel right at home here ThatGirlBrenda!!!!!

2 people like this

Hello and welcome! You are an amazing role model to your daughter! I hope you feel the love and support here :)

1 person likes this

Welcome

As others have said above, you're not saving what's left.

I'd say you're rediscovering who you are inside.

And setting an example for your daughter to follow.

3 people like this

Good Afternoon! I haven't been on in a week or so and just wanted to give a little update. I have been serving in a rescue mission for the last 2 1/2 yrs. I was approached a few weeks ago about a paid position in the women's ministry. After much thought and prayer, I applied. God cleared the way and removed all obsticles. I was interviewed last Tuesday and am so happy to say that I will join the mission next week!! I am very excited!! This will leave very little down time and I'm afraid even less internet time! I'll be thinking about all of you. Working 6 days a week, actively involved in church and a child at home, I am still WTM!! Meeting my future husband will have to be a devine intervention, the time is just not there! I'll check in as I can. I miss chatting with all of you. Hold tight to your promise to yourself!!

3 people like this

Welcome :)

You don't need to say "what's left of you". I don't think you have "lost" anything and I believe that people have infinite amounts of love to give :)

You have only lived, learned, and grown from your experiences. I think it's awesome that you've decided to wait!!

Welcome to the community!

I agree 100% with you on this!

Hello ThatGirlBrenda!

Thank you for sharing part of your story with us! That is so exciting about your new opportunity! Congratulations! Do you happen to have a horse/s?-I love your profile pic!

I love kids, & even though I do not have any of my own yet -(I'm waiting until marriage on that one-LOL!)-Seriously I am waiting though.

I've always admired single Mothers! That is wonderful that you are creating a wonderful new chapter in your life, & love & care to be a strong example for your daughter!

So you will be gone from this online community for awhile enjoying your new adventures! That's so exciting!

Have fun!

Blessings,

TropicalMermaid