LovingLana

SO what are you Saying?

7 posts in this topic

What are some of your favorite quotes and/or sayings? 

Have you made some of your own? If you hope to get them published one day you don't have to share them here, I understand Lol.

1 person likes this

Quotes :D

"If you're too young to drink champagne at your wedding, you shouldn't be getting married"

And the quotes in my signature are my favorites!

1 person likes this

A few quick ones off the top of my head. 

Don't let your mouth write a check your butt can't cash.

Begin with end in mind. -From the 7 Habits Book

Make it a great day or not the choice is always yours. -General Shoemaker  

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

And the ones in my signature. 

It's not really a quote, but I like Dr.Seuss's The Places You'll Go! Especially this part, “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...â€

1 person likes this

"Anyone who quotes themselves is a self-absorbed and narcissistic douche." -Me

4 people like this

Oh dear, you shouldn't ask me! I collect quotes and sayings, and I honestly have pages and pages of them. Here is just a small sampling:

"If you think you're too small to make a difference, you've obviously never spent a night with a mosquito." - African Proverb

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale

"Be the type of person you want to meet."

"Be kind to everyone you meet for we are all fighting fierce battles."

"Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb but how well you bounce."

"Courage is not a lack of fear but a leap of faith."

“Worry is like a rocking chair. It will give you something to do, but won’t get you anywhere.†— Erma Bombeck

“The best things in life aren’t things.†— Art Buchwald

“Let your faith be bigger than your fear.†— Unknown

“Whatever you are, be a good one.†— Abraham Lincoln

â€œSome people look for a beautiful place, others make a place beautiful.†— Hazrat Inayat Khan

“The worst mistake anyone can make is being too afraid to make one.â€

“We don’t stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.†— George Bernard Shaw

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.†— Albert Einstein

“If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.†— Unknown

“Dreams don’t work unless you do.†— Unknown

“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.†— John Wesley

Here are a few that have helped me with relationships:

"Don't let the imaginary person in your head keep you from loving the real one right in front of you."

"You deserve someone who would jump fences to be with you, not someone who is on the fence about being with you."

"He loved her, of course, but better than that, he chose her, day after day. Choice: that was the thing." - Sherman Alexie

"Everyone comes with baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack."

"Learn to love with all your heart and accept the unlovable side of others. For anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great heart to include the thorns."

“If he is stupid enough to walk away, be smart enough to let him go.â€

“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.†— Jane Austen

6 people like this