Piper

Dating coach advice....

19 posts in this topic

I don't agree with how she lives her life, but she can live it the way she feels happy, and she shouldn't be judged for it.

I also wouldn't call that a very good dating coach, considering her ideals would not work for many people.

I don't agree with how she lives her life, but she can live it the way she feels happy, and she shouldn't be judged.

Says who? She has no integrity, no honor and no respect--for herself or others. She just makes up excuses to justify her weakness and need for validation from men.

6 people like this

I don't agree with how she lives her life, but she can live it the way she feels happy, and she shouldn't be judged for it.

I'm sorry Josh, but I am judging this woman and judging her hard. I think her behavior is absolutely disgusting. I can't believe she actually wrote this article to try to justify her actions.

I'm not saying that the men aren't equally as bad for cheating on their wives, but the fact that she has repeatedly got into 'relationships' with married men shows how little she cares about the devastation her behavior will cause to the families of the men she sleeps with. I am also shocked that she would not even consider her friends' husbands to be off limits!

7 people like this

I'm sorry Josh, but I am judging this woman and judging her hard. I think her behavior is absolutely disgusting. I can't believe she actually wrote this article to try to justify her actions.

I'm not saying that the men aren't equally as bad for cheating on their wives, but the fact that she has repeatedly got into 'relationships' with married men shows how little she cares about the devastation her behavior will cause to the families of the men she sleeps with. I am also shocked that she would not even consider her friends' husbands to be off limits!

People like her are only interested in their own gain and fulfillment. Nothing that might gratify them is off limits.

2 people like this

agree if someone's in relationships soley for their own gratification and there is no respect for yourself and who's married already  etc there are serious problems.

3 people like this

I'm not surprised and remember those of us who are Christians really shouldn't judge we know what's happening is wrong but shouldn't judge her, just another lost soul. It doesn't surprise me though anything dating I see has a lot of sex in it I mean one of the best selling woman's magazines for women in america gives sex tips and dating tips every issue.

Greaaaat let's "listen to our bodies" in a sex-crazed and hormonal world! This is so stupid I couldn't finish reading..

1 person likes this

Greaaaat let's "listen to our bodies" in a sex-crazed and hormonal world! This is so stupid I couldn't finish reading..

I couldn't finish reading it either. It's so horrible. People nowadays are too selfish and hateful. That's not good.

1 person likes this

Huffington Post is what happens when you let people from Yahoo! Answers write “articles.†In all seriousness though, why would they publish/post that crap?

I do agree that it shouldn't be published though. I just don't see why people assume she's automatically a horrible person because of what she says she does.

I just don't see why people assume she's automatically a horrible person because of what she says she does.

Quite simple Josh. It is simple deduction.

By having no disregard for others, nor the devastation you cause, it shows you are more or less a sociopath who only cares about your own pleasure above everyone else. You do not care if there are broken famillies in your wake, you do not care if there are children crying from the broken relationships, you are only caring about making your privates feel good, you are treating human beings as nothing more than a sex toy.

That is why. objectively, she is a horrible person. You simply do not treat other human beings like that.

Of course she can change for the better, all humans can, and if said she really did change for the better and made amends towards those actions than said person would become a better human being. Which also means one should not hold their past against them because said person is making amends towards their behavior and they already think about their past enough as it is.

True, it isn't our right to judge, because if you are too busy picking at someone's flaws then you will never focus on yourself and fixing your own issues. But I am merely pointing out an observation that she is a horrible person.

It is no different than observing a bird that is flying. I am observing the bird is flying. Nothing more, nothing less. She is a grown woman, her life is her own and she can live it as she chooses.

But later in life, the consequences of her actions should not come as a surprise to her. You always reap what you sow.

2 people like this

If we don't judge people for their behaviors isn't that giving them permission to continue as they were? 

And the above also ties into severity. Not all character flaws are equal. We all have character flaws, certainly. But this girl's character flaw is having sex with married men. That's a pretty damn serious character flaw, and in this case, judgment seems particularly appropriate. If we all put our heads in the sand with the mantra "don't judge" then what positive changes in this world would occur?

I also wouldn't call that a very good dating coach, considering her ideals would not work for many people.

Josh, I think you're forgetting the victims of this situation. It's not just about her and how she wants to live her life. But in this instance the way she is living her life is devastating the lives of others. 

Are you suggesting that a person can live their life however they wish and shouldn't be judged for it even when it has devastating effects on others? What kind of logic is that?

I do agree that it shouldn't be published though. I just don't see why people assume she's automatically a horrible person because of what she says she does.

The reason people judge her to have a horrible streak in her character is because of the severity of what she's doing. She's knowingly sleeping with married men. Do you really want to live in a society where this isn't considered horrible? If so, what else do you want to be deemed not horrible? And be open minded about this... because even if you were to say that someone cheating on you wouldn't devastate you, maybe it devastates others. 

I don't have hatred for this woman, but I do think what she's doing is horrible. And I think that judgment is necessary.

The following is something she wrote which I find extremely telling:

"Maybe we don't have a promise to not f*ck each other's partners, but we do have promises around caring for each other and if I thought my friend would be upset, I suspect I wouldn't be turned on."

She's essentially saying it's legit to care for friends, but when it comes to strangers, you can do whatever the hell you want.

Lastly... the person most responsible for the cheating isn't this girl but the guys who gave into her invitation. While I think what this girl does is horrible; I also think that the guys who have given into her invitation are many multiples worse.

4 people like this

I can't fathom the ridiculous of this article. This woman has problems. Enough said.

1 person likes this

She's a perfect example of what is known as a "spinster" in the manosphere. To put it very simply, spinsters have the not so uncommon ability to rationalize and justify pretty much anything they do.

1 person likes this

Huffington Post is what happens when you let people from Yahoo! Answers write “articles.†In all seriousness though, why would they publish/post that crap?

Couldn't have put it better myself. 

She's a perfect example of what is known as a "spinster" in the manosphere. To put it very simply, spinsters have the not so uncommon ability to rationalize and justify pretty much anything they do.

Great point. I used to do that. I think we all have, but never in this way. It's usually with forgiveness. Admitting something is wrong doesn't mean you're not going to forgive them for it.