Jada

Would you want your SO to get work done

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I was wondering given how today's world is so anti-aging  would you be ok with your spouse getting  cosmetic work done in the future. And by that I mean anything from going under the knife to botox.Or  are you against it for religious reasons or is it for moral reasons or you just don't care either way.

Some women say they do it to remain attractive to their husbands or because their spouse asked them and mainly for their self esteem. Either way I wouldn't blame them, there so much pressure on women to remain young forever which is just  ridiculous and almost impossible without having any work done . With all the images on in the media and magazines am not surprised that women would go to extreme lengths to retain their youthful looks and still remain appealing in society's eyes. 

Personally I  really hate the whole thing. I just hate fakeness of it all. Besides, I think it's sad to have body issues as a teenager and in your 40s. one doesn't feel  good enough the other is desperately trying to fight against nature. when does it ever end...

P.S: My initial intention was to post in the religious section but instead decided to get different perspectives on the topic. But I would still like to know what your religion/faith says about plastic surgery and why it is considered a sin. 

1 person likes this

She can use as many anti-whatever creams she wants, under no circumstance (becides reconstruction after something horrible) would I let a wife undergo physical appearance surgery. If you need surgery to feel better about yourself, maybe you should reconsider your priorities.

6 people like this

If you're getting old your getting old. It happens! I don't think I would like it I want my natural man not an altered one unless it has to do with a disease or bad accident. As for me, all I can do is laugh. Let's just say I will probably age gracefully. (yay:))Any "face lifts" is already out the question for me hahahahha!

2 people like this

I'm just going to hazard a guess here, but vince will say no unless it's something that will save her life. Otherwise she's just perfect the way she is, and he will gladly spend eternity proving this to her.

Right vince?

5 people like this

I'm just going to hazard a guess here, but vince will say no unless it's something that will save her life. Otherwise she's just perfect the way she is, and he will gladly spend eternity proving this to her.

Right vince?

I'll gladly spend eternity with her just so long as the sex remains good, otherwise I'm bailing :D

Joking aside, I do think both people in a marriage have a duty to make a reasonable attempt to look good for the other person. To me, that means being presentable, having good hygiene and being healthy. Anything more than that is unnecessary and even harmful. I want a wife who is natural, not a plastic filled figure with skin folded over her. If I wanted that, I'd marry a blow up doll. I'm serious when I say that I don't even like makeup on women, much less plastic surgery. The key thing is being healthy by exercising and eating right. No one can ask more than that.

4 people like this

. The key thing is being healthy by exercising and eating right. No one can ask more than that.

This, oh a thousand times this. People highly underrate these 2 things yet it is these 2 things that make you look youthful throughout your entire life. One example is my mother. She is 62 years old but she still looks like she is in her 40's, to such a degree that everyone thinks my sister and mother are sisters, my sister being in her 40's as well.

The saying of you are what you eat is really literal. Your body's cells replace itself after a certain amount of time and it will replace itself with the food you are putting into it. No amount of cosmetic surgery will ever change that. The best comparison I would say how I see it treated is like having a beat up car that can barely run and is really damaged, but you get a nice paint job to make the car look as nice as possible. The car is going to look very very nice, but it will still run very poorly.

Even with my hair, women would constantly ask me what I did, all I did was eat healthy, use a shampoo and conditioner, doesn't matter what brand it and it would always come out the way it looked, as one woman described it as "radiant."

In the end it comes down to the saying, eat to live, not live to eat. Eating all of those sweets, junk food and constant drinking, sure your body might not feel anything during the first few years of it because you are young but it will always catch up with you.

If someone really cares about being beautiful, then all they have to do is eat right and exercise, cosmetic surgery is being incredibly lazy. It's also why I see those people end up looking worse eventually, my cousin for example got a gastric bypass (which I warned him about the pain because I've had internal bleeding in my intestines from a car accident and let's just say that still tops the most painful thing I have ever felt in my life) but he did it anyway and yeah he lost some weight, but because he still ate unhealthy, all that happened was he ended up gaining the weight again and went through all of that pain for nothing.

If, however, you are a burn victim or suffered some horrible accident, I see nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery. To me that is a fine reason to do it. You're not being lazy, you just went through something horrible that disfigured your face/body.

That's my 2 cents on it anyway. :D

3 people like this

@-Egirly-  same here no facelifts/botox for me. It just becomes ridiculous when you can't tell any difference between any of the facial expressions.

@ Justin-Totally agree. Plastic surgery really is misused as an alternative to healthy eating and exercise nowadays.  I used to think methods such as liposuction, tummy tucks and gastric bypass were totally justified only to learn it is actually harder than it looks. thanks for the advice I would also love to look that good in my 60s :P

I will make extra sure that my SO is health-conscious. I value self improvement and health. I hate laziness as it is one of my minor flaws. I dont want any of us getting a disease that could ruin our marriage and I want both of us looking great well into your golden years.

It's up to her. If it's something we've talked about for a while, evaluated the risks and consequences, and then come to a decision of yes, then she should do it. I'm Christian but I'm not aware of anything banning or discouraging this. I'm probably wrong but I love my Wife more than a rule that's not even a sin.

To my Wife: You are beautiful inside and out Darling. That ring on Your finger is a testament to my commitment. You may see flaws, but if You look at Yourself through my eyes, You will see that I will always be enamored with every part of You.

To my Wife: You are beautiful inside and out Darling. That ring on Your finger is a testament to my commitment. You may see flaws, but if You look at Yourself through my eyes, You will see that I will always be enamored with every part of You.

Dude, if I met a man like you I would never want anything from God anymore. I've finally found what I was born to find. You made me tear up, thank you for letting me know there are men in the world out there like you

1 person likes this

I agree with Vince. I can understand the need to "get work done" if it was for health reasons.

I also want a woman who is natural in how she looks (which would include eating right and exercising). The other stuff I feel would be unnecessary.

1 person likes this

Scociety has gone blind to true beauty. True beauty is knowing that spouses are willing to love their significant other not because of looks but because they can care about them in a way no one else can.

Knowing...

When they're across the line, their spouse will walk the line. When they're cold their spouse will be their warmth.  When they're broken, their spouse is there to put the peices back together. 

My future wife will know that I'll never go blind. I will always love her no matter what. Our happiness would be all the beauty I would ever need. So because of this, I've never really thought about this topic in great depth.

Although, if getting the cosmetic surgery is what makes her happy, I guess I would be happy to. If she is willing to go drasticly out of her way to make me happy, how could I be mad or sad for that matter. I'd probally do the same for her.  I would however try to talk her out of it if there was health risks involved. But hopefuly we will never need to resort to that. :)   

P.S.- Sorry if I'm coming off to lovey dovey or unrealistic, but this is the truth.

2 people like this

No, I wouldn't want her to get these done, to her. I would prefer the old Lady instead - wouldn't it remind how long have you been with, with your soulmate - sharing everything with her?

I only care about her inner beauty - it does not fade, and, mostly, increases with age. I would not even hold physical attractiveness as a reason to love her, but I would find her attractive because I love her. There are a lot of things in getting married - beyond sex: love, knowing that we belong to each other, kissies, hugs, cuddles...

I agree with KG. If one of us gets somehow disabled, the other will be the eyes; if one hets disabled, the other will be the missing part - I don't know why they make their self-esteem depend on outwards appearance.

1 person likes this