amberrandle

Dating Abroad

34 posts in this topic

Have you ever thought about dating someone from another country?

I had thoughts of dating someone from other countries plenty of times, especially someone from one of the pro-waiting countries. I think I've always been very open-minded when it comes to meeting a potential husband.

1 person likes this

Well, I'm Pakistani but I'm going to be dating Australians because I relate to Australia more. Lived here 13 years.

1 person likes this

I have dated people from a number of different countries so I'm very open to this. In fact, I have never actually dated anyone from my own country!

No I would not date someone from another country, I feel like at some point there would be the discussion of us leaving our own country for the other which I will not do.

I would date someone fro another country, since I currently live and work in a different country than my country of birth and citizenship, but there would be lots of challenges as to understanding where the other person comes from  regarding cultural background etc. There would have to be a lot of healthy communication.

Do you mean someone born in another country or living in another county?

I mean dating abroad in general, rather they were born in another country, yours(but from another country), or living in another country. I'm just curious about how open-minded other waiters are.

If they were from  a different country but now living in Canada, sure. I think i would even date someone who lived (and still lives) in another country, although that would be really difficult (There's the money part of it, like having to travel to their country. Also, I have heard horror stories of people marrying someone from a different country just so they could live there and then leave their spouse). If we were to get married I probably would not want to move to their country though lol. Idk

1 person likes this

Where's back home for you? And why?

Pakistan.

Can't be bothered going there to look for a lady. My family there will be nitpicking and stuff. Also, I relate more to Australia than back home.

LOL, I am definatly not dating someone from "back home". Urghhhh...

Being brown as well, I totally understand, lol

Being brown as well, I totally understand, lol

Me being brown, I tend to prefer white girls or olive girls but I have a thing for Russians. Three girls I'm interested in atm are Russian or part-Russian and my best lady friend is Russian.

I looove to date guys from other countries (since Im very much intrigued by different cultures and plan on traveling/moving around etc.) but I dont like the Idea of dating someone that lives in another country while I live here or there whereever.  I dont like the whole "when we get married Im moving to __ with my husband" or he is moving for me.  

I dont want him to have to pick up his life and move just for me and vice versa when I dated this Russian cutie he was traveling here and there for college and was planning on moving to America later on(he now lives in cali).  That I would be ok with because he was already coming here.

Dating abroad, wow I don't know like long distance?.

Maybe

I don't know, I mean I think there's a really special girl out there someplace who's destined to be Mrs RookiePilot.

Am I willing to travel to the edges of the world so to say to meet her.

As much as I can fly for relatively cheap I definitely, most certainly will.

Though long distance, especially a cross country relationship would be difficult, time zone differences, cultural background, and maybe she wouldn't wanna move here to the U.S.

It'd be tough yes, but as so I'd definitely pursue her even 6000 miles away.

As a London raised gentleman, I don't mind dating someone from America or Canada but since I moved to the states. I would want her to live here and not in another country

Little younger and foriegn works. Easier to get along and you're more open. Traveling you run into people with the same likes. You guys said it already . Your beliefs may fit better with other cultures and you're out of your box and meet more people .

Sure would! I'm European so European girls seem like a good option. I've also had this thing for East Asian Americans. They're totally American, but with a little East Asian to their look and that's attractive. Maybe I should move to Cali lol.

Well, I'm Pakistani but I'm going to be dating Australians because I relate to Australia more. Lived here 13 years.

Same situation here man. I'm Croatian, but I want an American Wife because I relate to Americans the most.

I am used to small town nightmares. Family and friends. I think I mainly like knowing she is free and clear and not from my area. Just works for me and isn't complicated .

Not even gonna lie...Ive talked to a couple other guys from other countries, but only England and Germany. Im dying to go to England as I had mentioned thinking about studying abroad, but Im not sure if the excitement would wear off once I got there. Ive also talked to two guys in Florida. (Im in Cali). I can't really see myself talking to someone from any other country though besides England because Ive always thought it would be cool to live there.

It would be good because you would eliminate the temptation of doing sexual things before marriage, but also hard because you wouldn't get to do couple things together, obviously...Ive always said quality over quantity, and if there's a hunkier looking, more intelligent chiller dude in another country into some rad music, I would choose him any day over someone lame close by who isn't as exciting.

A heart wants what a heart wants.

I would enjoy getting to know a gentleman from another part of the world or even my country. Dating? That would take a lot of time and effort. Perhaps.

1 person likes this

Oh! Also I was recently thinking if I can wait till marriage to have sex, I can wait to be with a guy from a long distance relationship. Also I've thought about volunteering for kids in poverty in Africa and owning a pet tiger O.o but idk if I would live there.

I don't mind where my future husband lives. If he would definitely be The One I would agree to move to his country. And anyway, for me it is the best option since I won't be staying in my own country that long.  ^_^

1 person likes this

I never would have considered it before. But now that I'm older, I'd consider it for sure.  I'm still a bit skeptical about things starting online, but I've heard some lovely stories of people meeting online.  If you meet someone that seems special, why not give it a shot?

But if it gets more serious, and we were planning on getting married, I would want her to move to Canada. I know it may not be as exciting at the US, but it's a great place to live. Crime is not extreme, health care is free, basic human rights are upheld (we kind of helped the "legalize gay marriage" trend before it became popular)...

But I would not shut myself off to moving out of the country either.

First I might say that it's not that common to date in Sweden, we just hang out in big groups and eventually couples are "made". I've never been on a real date (would love to be asked out sometime by someone who actually know what a date is and not these swedish guys who only wants to hang out as friends: no romance, pick up the girl at eight, bringing flowers, watch a movie, go out for dinner, whatever a date involves - I only know dating from the american movies...)
So if someone abroad would ask me out on a real date I would totally say yes! But then, depending on how serious it gets the question of where we will live will eventually come up and I'm quite determined to settle down in my own country, but perhaps it also depends on who the person is, where the person comes from and at what stage in life we are... but a date - totally!