Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Candyhall

Vasectomy as birth control

8 posts in this topic

Would any of you guys ever consider having a vasectomy done as a means of birth control? Vasectomies are reversible and highly effective as a means of birth control. I really don't want to take birth control when I get married. There are so many risks & side effects associated with female birth control, and I am not ok with that. I just wonder how many guys would be open to this idea.....

1 person likes this

I'm open to it! It's actually much more dangerous for women to get their "tubes tied" anyway.

6 people like this

I'm not open to this idea. I will not have unnecessary surgery. The risk of surgery complications is not worth it.

I would rather have a vasectomy than have my wife go on birth control. I really wouldn't be comfortable with the my future wife being on birth control, with the health risks and possible mood swings. Vasectomy can't be easily reversed, but I would rather go through a minimally invasive 30 minute surgery, than put my wife at risk of blood clots, hormone imbalances, etc. for a long period of time.  Although I would rather try NFP before doing all of that.

3 people like this

Absolutely not. A vasectomy is a permanent method of birth control. There is a chance that it can be reversed, but that chance starts small and diminishes with time. And it can be extremely expensive. The only way that I would get one is if I have had kids and am certain that I do not want any more.

3 people like this

I've already had it done when I was 19 (I was also the only patient my surgeon ever had to watch the entire procedure as it was performed on me)  :lol: , so yep I'm fine with it.

I'm not open to this idea. I will not have unnecessary surgery. The risk of surgery complications is not worth it.

Complications for it are nonexistant practically, while there is always a risk in any surgery, my surgeon never had any problems with it. I can assure you it's quite safe. Especially since they use the no scalpel method (which is how it was done on me).

I also didn't mind since they can just extract my DNA and do IVF if I ever wanted a child. Sure it's expensive but the price is far cheaper than having a child unplanned and unprepared financially.

I had it done because there's so little one controls in life that the things you do have control over you should do your best to manage. So on top of staying a virgin until marriage, I also did this to ensure if I ever got married in this life, that when I decide to have a child is when I am best prepared financially.

1 person likes this

Right now I'm not ok with it. I don't want anyone messing with my stuff. However once I am married it's something I'd be willing to do a lot of research on and have a deep discussion with my wife on.

1 person likes this

I really could never see myself doing such a thing. Besides the fact that I'd be allowing myself to be mutilated (the human body is a trust from Allah/God in Islam and thus has rights over oneself, including being protected, as much as possible from damage), I'd rather learn to control myself and/or find some other way to avoid unnecessary/unwanted pregnancies (abortion wouldn't be an option, unless my wife's life were threatened or some other as-of-yet unforeseen circumstance arose that justified such a course of action). Just my two cents.

1 person likes this