Guest Parrot_Fish

Do you know other waiters?

27 posts in this topic

I'm 17 and I know at least a half dozen. We're in a very religious community so that has a lot to do with it. I suspect there are others, but like you said it doesn't come up often.

I do wonder how many will give up once they get out of high school though.

I don't think so, Syracuse is an extremely liberal place so I don't know of any who wait. Though there is one other member here from Syracuse :P

Do you know other waiters (offline)? Yes
How many? I know 2 for sure because we are close enough to talk about it often. Also, I know one of their fiances is waiting because she is waiting. I'm not sure if he was originally though. They are church camp friends so religion def has something to do with it. 

Pshhhhh yeh I know a few...and let's just say I'm young between high school-college and we talk sex haha I'm pretty open when it comes to that and we have our laughs about that stuff. There was a sexual joke one of my friends said yesterday lol but I won't say it. I know my Bff and another friend who will wait and I know more who values sex enough to but I never specifically asked about waiting for marriage (yet :/. Hehehe)

Do you know other waiters (offline)?: Yes
How many?: Well, I bet a couple people on this site in real life and they are waiters obviously. The only person in my every day life who is waiting is my sister.

How many?  roughly five but its mainly for religious reasons.  My best friend is also a waiter but I don't know if she is strictly waiting for marriage.

I'm 21 and know of one person I believe waited. I think one of my cousins who I'm not very close to waited until marriage. His aunt implied to my mom that he was, at least. Also, he married young and quickly, so that also makes it more likely that he did. Besides him, one of my friends told me that one of my other friends who I don't know too well was waiting, but I've also since been told he has had sex. So, I don't know if that was a mistake or if he just isn't waiting anymore. It's possible I know other waiters, but like others have already said, it's not something that comes up.

It certainly would be nice if I knew a few, though, particularly if they were females.

All my family is WTM. Most of them had arranged marriages which SUCK, although my aunt and uncle had normal marriages.

Most of my friendship group is WTM or at least "find the special girl/guy" type. I went to a Catholic school.

I don't tend to hangout with the "Lets f*** everything that moves" types. Heck, those that belonged to that group even have stable, committed relationships now. I swear, there are not that many who went to my school who were too fond on casual sex,

How many?  roughly five but its mainly for religious reasons.  My best friend is also a waiter but I don't know if she is strictly waiting for marriage.

Is it just me, or do I think somehow WTM might be more popular in Australia then America? But then again, I live in a suburban area and not the "Liberal Cosmopolitan and Free" city.

Do I know other waiters offline?: I know one person back at home who is waiting and there are several people here in Korea who I suspect are also waiting. I don't know for sure because we have never discussed the topic of waiting, but most of them are in their late twenties and early thirties and live at home (standard for unmarried people in Korea).

With the exception of strict arabic/Islamic countries I thought America was the most common place in which people WTM, probably because there seems to be tonnes of Christians and Christians that are very open about their beliefs. Over here in England which used to be a fairly Christian country maybe 60 years ago, if you say you are a Christian, most people would laugh or start a debate about why religion is ridiculous/why God can't exist. So for that reason my religion is not usually something I ever mention or talk about.

Also things like purity rings/belts etc and chastity vows/ceremonies etc came from America first.

I would guess that many Asian countries have a higher rate of people waiting until marriage than the U.S. The U.S. does have a high Christian population, but most Christians seem pretty content to ignore the rule about no sex before marriage. Culturally, pre-marital sex is the standard and is figured to occur in most relationships.

1 person likes this

Idk, but where I live, the young people I hang out with seem to be so mature. There is so little of the immature "lad" behaviour and every one is classy. Must be my Catholic School friends.

2 people like this

Age; Ancient, also ....

Do you know of any waiters offline?

Yes I know two, a good friend of mine who's waiting.

She's a girl from my church group, though now she's head over with this guy so that may be outta the window so to say.

Another person, a guy, he's also an Open waiter so to say, in that if brought up he's not ashamed to voice his position on waiting.

And there's a couple of folks who aren't virgins, do they count?

If so that's a total of 4.

About the opinion of America being a pool of Christians, yes, but their faith, and obedience go out the window when it comes to going against the crowd.

Most people have a problem with not wanting to be an outsider.

They just wanna fit in, which understandable, I've often felt that way.

But I well for one, I know I've never and probably will never "fit-in". It's just not me you know.

And I'd rather honor God than follow the popular viewpoint anyhow.

2 people like this

Oh, I do, I'm actively part of my Catholic community and I also was at a Christian school (which I admit was very cultish)

thing is, one by one a lot of people my age are getting married. One girl I used to go to high school with just got marriage this summer and now another girl is engaged and this other guy I knew is also engaged. I'm 20 years old and I haven't finished my degree yet.

Honestly, I could care less if I marry or have sex since I feel plenty fulfilled without it as long as I continue to have my companionship. I feel as though I'm not really waiting for anything because I have what I desired and that is companionship, yet at the same time, I constantly think that I shouldn't be happy and that I'm missing out on something and I shouldn't feel happy.

Two of my friends were waiting for a while, but I'm not sure if they still are. We haven't talked about it specifically, but I doubt it because of some other things they have told me. When I was younger I used to know more people who were waiting, but they either gave up on it or got married.

I'm 25. I know at least two people who are currently waiting besides me, and several people who successfully waited until they married. One of my best friends is waiting, as was a 30 year old man I dated this summer. My other best friend and her husband both waited until they married this year, not just for sex but for their first kiss as well.

I am also the child of people who waited until marriage.

For me, I seem to meet other waiters more often than I meet people who aren't. I guess I am just drawn them.

some of my family members have waited until marriage and they support my decision to wait. i do not know anybody who is waiting offline although it would be nice if i did. 

hopefully my future husband is waiting for me.......

2 people like this

For me, I seem to meet other waiters more often than I meet people who aren't. I guess I am just drawn them.

I'm jealous.

I met only one waiter so far. I met her at a Chris Tomlin(Christian artist) concert and she told me about her choice. I went alone and she came with her family who also believed in waiting. Her seat was right next to mine and I was happy I got one ticket after that. It inspired me more. Every person I meet around my age usually objects to the idea, including my family, except my mom. But, I do meet adults who waited and are now married. The adults usually inspire me more than people around my age.

Do I know any other waiters (offline): Yes

How many: Just one, my girlfriend

Do I know any other waiters (offline): no, unless you count teenagers or the already married.