Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adeleyestar

Ever been belittled for wanting to wait?

13 posts in this topic

So I worked at a small family owned fast food resturant this summer, and yesterday was my last day. There is barely any customers so there is lots of time to chat. The topic of virginity randomly came up with my manager and I proudly said tthat I was waiting. Some of my friends who aren't virgins know, and they said it was a good thing. But my manager said that I wouldn't be able to sustain a relationship long enough to make it to marriage without doing that. As we learned about each other's interests, he found it strange that I have never had a boyfriend, smoke, drink, or stay out all night. He even said since I don't want to experiment with these things I am wasting my life. Even though he is 27 with two baby mamas ( whom he has a strained relationship with), has to depend on a crappy job because of he has no better options, no place of his own, and spends at least six days at work getting high and playing video games all night or meeting up with girls. He told me when he was younger he was quite bright, but dropped out of school and sport teams. He seems quite knowledgable but prefferes to spend most of his days being high, talks about big dreams but makes no strides towards it. I had alot to say but didn't because he was my manager. The last thing I needed was to get in a heated argument with him. But if i wanted to I would have mentioned that my main dream was to be a singer. My degree in psychology is really just a back up plan. I don't just talk about having dreams, I am constanlty taking steps to making it happen. He says he has never met anyone like me. But at least I associate with a wide variety of people that I can say I have met different people from other cultures and beliefs. I don't have an issue with his lifestyle because he wants it. I have an issue with him trying to belittle me about mine. Funny he is supposed to be more liberal but I can understand and accept other people's different life decisions better than him.

This disrespectful guy has no right to speak to you that way. Honestly, who does he think he is? Who in their right mind, meets a person as lovely as you, with such lovely qualities/personality and behaves so rudely. I'm not a judgemental person and I would never tell someone that I thought they were wasting their life, so I'm starting to question whether this guy has any manners at all. When it comes to not having a boyfriend yet, not smoking or drinking, or staying out late, you are not alone, I'm the same way. Don't let anyone judge you, or belittle you. Personally, I don't like conflict and try to stay as far away from it as possible, so if someone were to say those things to me, I'd probably inform them that they have offended me and are by far, the rudest person I have ever met and then I would leave and cut that person out of my life. You seem lovely, don't let jerks hurt you, their words mean nothing, because you have chosen a life that is best for you and that's all that matters. You know you made the right choices for you, so be proud of that. 

That guy is a complete idiot. His is trying to belittle you to make himself feel better about the stupid decisions he has made. Don’t listen to people like him. 

He's there with his two baby mamas, a dead end job and a drug addiction and he tells you that you're making a bad decision!? Sounds like he's the one who needs to reassess his life!

That is why I didn't spend much time arguing my side, because i don't care to try and change his decisions or belittile him for his choices.

I would've laughed up a storm at this guy if I were you. "If you don't experiment with these things, you're wasting your life." LOL. Typical politically-correct claptrap. 

Working in a dead end job with no possible escape in the future is a waste of his own damn life.

Hun, its not belittling if its coming from him I wouldnt even get offended...thats like a homeless person telling a millionaire how to succeed in life. Seriously how can a guy that gets wasted on a regular tell you that youre wasting your life ha! oh the irony.

4 people like this

He's been in jail a handfull of times, but at one point he even had the nerve to say " what are you doing with your life?". In my head I thought " Are you serious?". Anyway, this was the first time I encountered someone who seemed to go on and on about my decision being wrong. That was why it initally annoyed me.

I got the same problem my manager is a jerk that always hits on women at our job.... i know what i want to be and i don't want to be him. he got baby mother as well, soon or later they will learn their are wasting there time.

It hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will. I don't have to tell my friends I'm a virgin. They all know. I mean, I am ridiculously innocent, seriously. Even by WTM standards.

Sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's got two baby mommas and he's telling you what to do?? "You're wasting your life." Get real!!

1 person likes this