Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sachico

How to deal with my exponentially accelerating sex drive?

10 posts in this topic

I just told my girlfriend that I've decided to wait (since I am a recent WTM convert  :D ) and I feel really good about it!! Turns out she was worrying that I would want her to commit more physically to the relationship (which I kinda did), so I'm glad she knows that I want to wait now too.

However, since I made this decision (about a week ago), It's all I've been thinking about. Since then, it seems like every time I see her she's getting a little more... tempting..... If this keeps going on like this I don't know how'll I'll handle it!!!

Now I know it's only been a week, but I want to know if it will get harder or easier with time. I'm not questioning my decision, I just wanna be prepared! If it gets easier, then that's a relief.. But if not, what are some suggestions or tips that you have to make the next few years a little less of a struggle?

I just told my girlfriend that I've decided to wait (since I am a recent WTM convert  :D ) and I feel really good about it!! Turns out she was worrying that I would want her to commit more physically to the relationship (which I kinda did), so I'm glad she knows that I want to wait now too.

However, since I made this decision (about a week ago), It's all I've been thinking about. Since then, it seems like every time I see her she's getting a little more... tempting..... If this keeps going on like this I don't know how'll I'll handle it!!!

Now I know it's only been a week, but I want to know if it will get harder or easier with time. I'm not questioning my decision, I just wanna be prepared! If it gets easier, then that's a relief.. But if not, what are some suggestions or tips that you have to make the next few years a little less of a struggle?

This is going to sound crude but...............use your imagination.....and urm.......hands.....:S

Sorry.....

Or if you are old enough and like her enough why not try to marry? Just dont marry just for sex.

1 person likes this

be with somebody who waits with you and not for you. anytime you feel a moment of weakness your partner should remind you of your morals and help you build strength. what a makes a couple compatible is when they share the same values. 

2 people like this

Us guys are so visually oriented, its hard when society is so crass and hellbent on selling everything with sex. Try to avoid erotic imagery. Easier said than done, I know.

1 person likes this

I think it gets easier in ways but also harder in ways if that makes sense. It gets easier just the physical like wany you're used to it, but on a mental level I still want it all the time. I want that intimacy with someone a special someone. It all depends on how you deal I mean if you tempt yourself things will get harder but if you chill and let yourself chill then it should get easier in my experience.

1 person likes this

Us guys are so visually oriented, its hard when society is so crass and hellbent on selling everything with sex. Try to avoid erotic imagery. Easier said than done, I know.

Tell me about it.... Every time I walk by those stupid lingerie stores it's hard to keep my mind from wandering.

Anyways, I guess trying to avoid that kind of stuff is a good strategy.

Oh and I'm 18, so marriage is pretty far away.  :(

Fasting might help a bit, since it deprives the body of the necessary energy to power said areas of your nature, though done in moderation and thus within certain boundaries/restrictions. Also, avoiding various kinds of food and drink (even if your not fasting) can help...I'll have to find a list of said foods and such to go into more detail. Try to keep company with like-minded people, if at all possible. One other thing: Are there any activities, like sports or working out or say...developing software, that you engage in/like, even as hobbies, that you could occupy your time with? Getting out of the house or at least occupying your mind/channeling one's energies in a different direction can and does help in dealing with such desires.

3 people like this

Yeah get busyyyyy!!! Literally;no pun intended, but since I started school again It's MUCH easier to not think about sex (though im single) keeping yourself occupied with other important things DEFINATELY will help. Both thankfully and sadly , my year is already jam-packed with many responsibilities so I'll pretty much always have a little something to do unlike in the summer. Anyways sorry for rambling...hope some of this advice helped!

I agree with Cyon. For me the number one thing that helped me out was working out. Running, sprints, body weight, or even lifting heavy weights, really heavy exertion. That helped me tremendously.

Helps you to get in shape and it helps to control libido to! It's a win-win! :D

Yeah get busyyyyy!!! Literally;no pun intended, but since I started school again It's MUCH easier to not think about sex (though im single) keeping yourself occupied with other important things DEFINATELY will help. Both thankfully and sadly , my year is already jam-packed with many responsibilities so I'll pretty much always have a little something to do unlike in the summer. Anyways sorry for rambling...hope some of this advice helped!

VERY good point! I guess once I start school in September I'll have other things on my mind. She will actually be kinda far away..  :(  I could try fasting; I like to snack a lot in between meals so it might be a good idea to start limiting that.

As for working out... Maybe. I tried once but never really got into it. I prefer to work out my mind (yea I'm one of those guys).