Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leonidas

Marvel or DC?

14 posts in this topic

Most of you will know what Marvel and DC are. Some of us grew up watching cartoons or reading comic books about super heroes who were from Marvel or DC. But we all had a favourite superhero. My favourite was the Batman because he always had a plan to bring justice and was always prepared.

But just in case if you don't know what I'm talking about, then here are some things you should know.

Marvel has superheroes such as Spider-man, Iron man, Hulk, Moon knight, Thor, Captain America,

X-men, Fantastic 4 and who could forget the movie that came out 2012 Avengers.

DC has Batman, Wonder woman, Hawk girl, Green lantern, Superman, Martian man hunter, Green arrow, Black canary, Knight wing, Aqua man, Flash, Red tornado, Booster gold, Cyborg and many more.

Some might say that DC and Marvel are similar and some will disagree and get into arguments.

While Marvel has The Avengers, DC has The Justice League.

So my question is: Who are your favourite superheroes and why?

I was an avid comic book collector when I was young but I would say that I collected more marvel then FC, but I was still a very big superman fan and justice league fan cause they had those old justice league vs the league of doom cartoons on Saturday.

As of now my favorites are ghost rider and and silver surfer cause both had a sense of justice in them.

Talking comics brought back some good memories of my childhood , thanks :)

1 person likes this

Don't make me choose :o Lol, I just love them both. I'm not sure I can choose a favourite between Marvel and DC. I grew up watching both and love them both. My all time favourite superhero is Batman too :) but I also like Spiderman and Superman. I loved the Avengers and I will admit, most of the superheroes that I like are from Marvel... but I'm still not choosing just one. I love both Marvel and DC :) Great question by the way, it'll be interesting to see how many others answer. Lol, I love your signature gif by the way.

1 person likes this

Marvelite fist, always, since I was a kid. Batman to this day remains the only reason I pay DC any mind.

And my favorite heroes are:

1. Spider-Man

2. Batman

3. Iron Fist

4. Deadpool

Batman, ftw! Isn't Superman Action Comics?

I'm not sure, but I think "Action comics" was the old name, it is now known as DC comics. 

I don't read comic books. But I LOVE Superman! So DC. 

But I still like Marvel as well. 

Batman is cool and stuff, but Marvel is way better than D.C.

1 person likes this

Batman is cool and stuff, but Marvel is way better than D.C.

Superman can swallow a nuke.

I rest my case. 

3 people like this

Superman can swallow a nuke.

I rest my case. 

My problem with DC is the absolutely ridiculous power gap between characters. Superman could kill Batman by casually blowing in his general direction. Batman, no matter how great his genius, should not even be able to detect the movements of people on or near Superman's speed level. Last time I checked, we humans can't see bullets, or objects travelling faster than the speed of sound, clearly. DC and Superman created this godly plateau to the point where only characters within this bracket can stand a chance. And then you have the Bat Family: powerless humans. Just feels...unbalanced.

That's why I've always said I wished Batman was Marvel. Just seems like he'd "fit in" more to me. And Marvel's Batman, Moon Knight, could never hope to be as nearly as popular. That, and he's a loon with multiple personalities. 

2 people like this

Marvel has X-Men, yet DC has Batman. So it's a tie.

1 person likes this

Marvel has X-Men, yet DC has Batman. So it's a tie.

Yep pretty much sums it up. Each has amazing super heros. DC has the Flash and many other amazing ones. Marvel has Deadpool and many others as well.

I tend to know more about Marvel's multiverse, characters, games, movies, etc.

But, I do enjoy the DCAU (DC Animated Universe) as I grew up with it.