Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbfan15

Greetings and Praise Jesus!

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to have found a community of like-minded individuals. I was born Christian, baptized a Christian, raised a Christian and I live my life as a good Christian should, praising the name of Christ Almighty! So many of today's young adults treat sex as such a flippant, casual behavior that it gives me great pain to watch how many of them, even those I call friends and who call themselves Christians, live their lives. To them, it's as if the Ten Commandments, Acts 15:29, Romans 13:13 and so many other Biblical verses are parables to be ignored rather than instruction on how to live a good, Christian life. Even Gen 38:9 has been the subject of many a debate for me as it, once again, is an instruction from God that so many choose to ignore.

I'm tolerant of those who do not wait until marriage, as though I disapprove of their choices, it is not my place to judge. The problem I keep having is that so many people are intolerant of my views. When they are telling me how it's ok to have sex before marriage as long as you love the person you're with, it's fine and dandy, but when I remind them of how Our Lord and Father has said that sex before marriage is a sin, I'm being "preachy".

It is so refreshing to see that in this often-frightening, immoral world, there are those of like mind who believe that sex is an action to be performed only by husband and wife. Thank you for inviting me into your community. :)

1 person likes this

hi dbfan15, nice to have you here! i'd love to hear more about Christianity as you seem very enthusiastic about it :)

Welcome.

Curious...how is one born a Christian?

Well, technically speaking, one must be baptized first. That said, my parents raised me like a good Christian from the day I was born, so even though I wasn't baptized until I was about a year old, I consider myself to have been a Christian at heart from the very first day!

To offer an answer to the question, how can person be born a Christian;

Psalm 139 v.16

My favorite verse!