Guest markb4

TLC's "Virgin Diaries"

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I hadn't heard of this show until you mentioned it.

The trailer looks...awwww! The kiss is sort of sweet and endearing...but why is he trying to eat her? :lol:

Anyway...you dont get TLC in the UK, to my knowledge at least. But it'll probably be on at some point on one of the Discovery UK channels...

xxx

I think the kiss was played for comic effect, lol. In the end, no matter how "real" the show is, it's still a TV show w/directors, writers, etc.

Maybe they were waiting till marriage to kiss as well, that could be another explanation for their weird (yet surprisingly sexy, at least to me ;) ) kiss.

You guys I saw the commeshal on Friday and wonderd about it semmed like it was goin to be pepole waiting tell marrage but I just cheked it out online and one of clips was some guys friend trying to get him layed not in the least romantic it semmed to me like they were viewing his verginty in a kind of negtive way him included at least to me so..

and ya they guy trying to choke his wife with his tung was there first kiss.

I dunno...whenever I see something like this come on the TV or in the news, I (for some reason ;)) assume that it's some anti-being-a-virgin/waiting-till-marriage speel made for TV or some other form of media. Just kinda weary of this sort of stuff, given the current state of the World's culture and it's views on abstinence of any kind.

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

I think it was hilarious but in my opinion they made it more for viewers who r not virgins and unfortunetly they also made it seem as if the waiters like the man and the three roomates gave up and just wanted to have sex to feel how it was like

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/virgin-diaries-reclaimed-virgins.html

This seems SO weird---it feels like they are creeping in on 3 best friends doing a shoulder massage line.....why not make it seem like OTHER shows...aka in a cafe or at lunch??

P.S. I saw the trailer and it's gross--at first looks like anormal kiss then it's like he's eating her!!! Ewwwww!! Sorry mark but it's not attractive to me lol

Mark: I didn't write that in to be funny and it is a couples first real kiss. My advice : keep it simple. That cab never hurt

Ellen Degeneres saw the clip too and found it hilarious and wanted to get those 2 on her show, but couldn't. So, instead she got another couple from the series and had them kiss: and theirs was just as weird (but again, I'm sure this was all planned). You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwHcO21q2nk

1 person likes this

Wow!!! -_- thats just sad no wonder people react the way they do when they here someones waiting....... if they obviously never kissed then they shouldnt be trying to do the whole schabang!!! Just pop kiss and work there way up...... Bad publicity for our part, I feel like this is making more fun of the people who wait than anything else....

I watched it...and can't say I loved it. The people they featured kind of seemed to be on the extremes (ie. 35 y/o who is not a virgin by choice, that couple who didn't even kiss until they were married, and 3 30 y/o virgins who in my opinion seemed desperate/immature). I would've liked to see less stereotypical waiters..people who are more middle of the road, so to speak.

I also found it kind of off that all of them so quickly revealed that they were virgins on their dates..like it was to get a rise out of their dates? I definitely won't be watching the rest of the series.

2 people like this

Yet another strike against virgins and WTM. The amount of group-think and anti-virginity/WTM propaganda is regarding this topic is revolting. That's why they had clips from this show all over the talk shows and stuff laughing about it.

Le sigh

I don't know what to say. I didn't get a chance to see the show but I have seen the preview videos and the comments about the show.

One of the most unusual reoccurring comments I kept seeing were of people saying that it was gross. Like really? People on those MTV shows like Real World and Jersey Shore kiss strangers in public places and even do 3-way kisses and you mean to tell me a married couple having their first kiss is gross? What kind of logic is that?

Yes the kiss was a bit clumsy and awkward but aren't most people's first kisses awkward? The comments about people saying they shouldn't be getting married without having kissed first and that their stupid for not kissing in way they think they should is ridiculous. Why do they have to kiss like everyone else? What if that type of kiss is perfectly fine for them. They don't have to kiss like how you see couples kiss in movies.

Sorry for my rant -_-

1 person likes this

I'm not sure if I'd consider these people 'waiters', as that implies that they're 'volcel'. I'd more likely use the term 'incel' to describe them, (if I were to get technical, lol). Given contemporary societies' overall immaturity when approaching this issue, I'm somehow not surprised at this kind of a portrayal of virgins.

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

^Incel = Involuntary celibacy

and I guessing Volcel = Voluntary celibacy

Aww I reposted this on another thread! Hahaha oh well it's still hilarious and the one mark posted is just as awkward!

1 person likes this