Keke_Beauty

Too Old For Purity Ring?

16 posts in this topic

Hey! So I lost my virginity when I was younger in high school. I was under too much pressure from my boyfriend at the time and I cracked. That has always been one of the things that I have regretted in life. However, I have not had sex since and I am a rising junior in college now. I really want a purity ring, but I'm not exactly pure. I want to live my life purely until I am married and I feel like maybe having a purity ring will help me to abstain from having sex before I'm ready again or before marriage. I am 21 now and I just want to know if I am too old for a purity ring. What is the age limit for a purity ring?

I don't think their really is not age limit and you do not need one at all if you don't want one (I'm 20 and I don't have one!)

2 people like this

Since this would be personal to you in the fact that you are from now on Waiting until your wedding night for physical relations, I don't think it matters. This would be a symbol to you of this decision, and if you want a purity ring I say go for it. I will wear mine until the day of my wedding when it can be replaced at the altar, even if I have to wait until i'm 25. So in short, it's your decision to WTM, so it's your choice if you wanna wear a purity ring or not :)

1 person likes this

1. Hey,  I am a virgin and I got my purity ring my junior year in college when I was about 20 and I am 24 now still rocking it. I want to wear mine all the way to the altar just like Kendra said. I love wearing it because it serves as a symbol and a constant reminder of my decision to wait.

4 people like this

I don't think there is an age limit! It's a personal decision so if you want to wear it, then do it. I have never worn one but I never really had the desire to do so.

1 person likes this

You're only 21????? Too OLD to wear a purity ring????????? Girl go ahead and rock that purity ring and when you do it, do it with pride :D

4 people like this

I really want a purity ring, but I'm not exactly pure. I want to live my life purely until I am married and I feel like maybe having a purity ring will help me to abstain from having sex before I'm ready again or before marriage. I am 21 now and I just want to know if I am too old for a purity ring. What is the age limit for a purity ring?

If the ring will help you abstain then it would seem to me that wearing one would be very wise if waiting until marriage is what you desire to accomplish. 

1 person likes this

Girl, go get you that purity ring! :D wish I could go shopping with you, even though I'm not a big jewelry fan and know nothing about rings. :P There is absolutely no age limit. I think that's admirable of you. You may not be 'exactly' pure but you're pure in heart. Especially since you feel like it will help keep you close to your decision, you should definitely get one regardless of your age :)

4 people like this

Any guy who respects your decision to wait until marriage won't mind you wearing a purity ring.

1 person likes this

I don't think there is an age limit-I am 35 still waiting and the only reason I don't have/wear my purity ring is because it had to get cut off when my finger nearly got smashed in a car door in college. It is up to you.

1 person likes this

Hi! KeKe!!! When I was coming up we didn't have the purity rings (I'm 43 & a virgin)....its something I've seen over the last 15 yrs or so...Like a few on here I have no desire to wear one....But, girl if you want one to remind you of your commitment to wait.....I SAY....DO THE DANG THANG!!!! Lol!!!

2 people like this

Yeh I don't have the desire to wear one either @AG4O. I actually never heard of such until some of my friends got it for like 13 birthday or whatever but my parents never mentioned it and when I asked if they were giving me one for me when I turned 13 my mom said " No, I didn't get one and you won't need it" and still havent gotten one. I guess she trusts me, but yeh she and my dad wtm btw but I just personally came to a full decision on my own this year. If a purity ring is what you want/need get it! Being pure of heart means the most and it seems that's what you are @Keke

1 person likes this

No problem, you can definitely get a purity ring if you want one, and if it helps you to wait. What's in the past is in the past, and if you want to being pure from now on then that's fine. Up to you

1 person likes this

I'm 20 and my purity rings keep breaking (I hope that isn't a bad sign :unsure: ) but I do have one that I would wear continuously since I was about 14. I've gone through a few though. If you don't want to wear it on your finger, I know plenty of people who put it on a chain around their neck! I might actually end up doing that as my original purity ring doesn't fit me but it makes a lovely necklace.

ALso, don't think the purity ring has to say anything or have crosses or anything. My first one was silver and hearts all around, but my last two have been a moon and stars. Get a design that is important to you. That's all that matters!

3 people like this

I am two years younger than you and just started wearing a purity ring. If a purity ring helps you stay on track then do so. Don't care what people think and eventually the right man will come along.