Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex

Good quote on waiting

4 posts in this topic

This comes from Olympic runner Lolo Jones. "It's just something, a gift that I want to give to my husband. But please understand this journey has been hard. If there's virgins out there, I just want to let them know, it’s the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Harder than training for the Olympics, harder than graduating from college, has been to stay a virgin before marriage.â€

I think it really encompasses what we waiters go through. There is always constant pressure on us to have sex. People don't understand why we wait, and they constantly trying to get us to take it to the next level, whether it be our friends who aren't waiting or somebody we are in a relationship with. But, it will be worth it.

Anyways, here is also an article on people who waited until at least their 20's to have sex, though not all waited until marriage and some are still waiting.

http://www.wetpaint.com/network/gallery/the-20-something-virgin-7-celebrities-who-waited-to-have-sex-photos/photo/chris-martin-didnt-do-it-until-age-22?source=thumbnail#2

5 people like this

I agree with that statement, it's been the toughest thing I've chosen to do!

More difficult than college, (and I was a nursing major, well that's out there now, go ahead laugh, I love my "other" profession)

Tougher than flight school, though to be honest, I'm quite a natural, ....... Haha!

However I wanna give this one thing to my wife of someday!

I want her to know and maybe even appreciate that she's my first partner, my last partner and my only.

Maybe it's just a "pipe-dream" but then what is life without hope, right?

Question here;

Why in the mainstream media is having sex, referenced as 'doing the dirty', 'getting lucky', and such?

My opine, not to be the overly sentimental guy here, I mean I already admitted to being a 'murse' above.

But making love is a beautiful act, and I can hardly wait to share this with the woman whom God has chosen to become my wife/partner/lover/friend. Wether it's the first time, in the broom closet at the reception, (I'm joking of course, I've waited now 27 years, I can make to just inside the doorway of our honeymoon suite, on the floor, Haha!)

Anyhow just wanted to add my thoughts there.

1 person likes this

Lolo Jones is about 8 years older than me, so maybe it has been the hardest thing in her life since she has waited so long, but I definitely wouldn't say waiting has been the hardest thing in my life. I just don't go out and have sex. College, for instance, (at least at my school and with my course load) requires a TON of work that exhausts me.

Now, maybe once I enter the dating scene and if I find no one is a virgin waiting or at least a virgin willing to wait, then maybe I'll say waiting until marriage has been the hardest thing in my life. Even then, though, I don't know. I feel like it would only really be hard (or, perhaps more accurately, emotionally unsettling) is if I date a woman for a long time, am really into her, and then she says she isn't willing to wait anymore or that she isn't actually a virgin. In that case, it would really be awful. But, honestly, just not going out and having sex is not that bad to me. (And, no, I don't have a low sex drive.) Maybe it's just that the prize at the end seems so great to me that the wait isn't that bad.

I think one of the factors in waiting being the hardest thing Lolo has ever done is the fact that she is a--three time?--Olympic athlete. Have you seen the stats on the number of condoms they hand out in the Olympic village? Lots of sex going on in there. She's probably had many, many chances at easy sex with some of the most fit and attractive people in the world. So props to her. I hope to see her success story on the site one day.

Not trying to downplay how tough it is for us normal folks, of course.

1 person likes this