AGarden4One

How Did You Spend Your 4th Of July Holiday!?

18 posts in this topic

My July 4th was in KC, MO with my BF of 31yrs.....yes, we have been friends THAT long!! Lol! She, her huband & I went to her brothers house, instead of BBQ.....we had a Seafood Boil!!!! Shrimp, crawfish, King crab legs, Snow crab legs, potatos, corn on the cob & Bread pudding for dessert! Wooo! Such fun! Wish you could have seen all the guests! It was a messy affair!!! Lol! After that we watched the Fireworks display over the lake...it was SPECTACULAR!!!! All in all.....it was a fun & relaxing, family & friends day!!!

I hope your 4th was just as Great!!!! I look forward to reading all about your fun mishaps, traditions & adventures!!!! :-)

2 people like this

My 4th of July was pretty fun, I went to a party and drank a bit too much, have a small hang over today ;_;

But oh well! I'm going to another 4th of July get together type thing tomorrow, even though its not on the 4th of July, so that should be fun, it's a place right on a river and there's always so much food!

With my cousin, his German girlfriend, my parents, and my grandparents. My brother was working so he couldn't come. We went to Red Lobster and I had some delicious salmon. 

I...umm...ehh...didn't do any schoolwork :D !

Great way to celebrate, huh?

I'm Canadian. Awkward...

2 people like this

I'm Canadian. Awkward...

You don't celebrate for us? I thought the whole world did. Hmm...

2 people like this

Pool party at my friend's house with lots of food, volleyball, fireworks and people. Maybe too many people... lol But it was fun other then bruising my hand really bad from playing volleyball. 

I had a boring 4th of July; we just had pizza and played games. There was no way we were going to grill anything because it was like 110 outside. 

My nephew and I had a small get together with family.  We had hickory smoked steak and chicken, deep fried taters, potato salad, cole slaw -- pretty much a typical Independance Day meal.  We set off a few fireworks and afterward watched the city's display which, really isn't half bad for a town of only fifty thousand.  They typically spend as much as a million dollars trying to put on a good show for the tourists that usually swarm the city around the fourth.

The only disappointment -- Bomb Pops have really deteriorated in quality the past few years.  They are now tiny little things that never fully freeze into popsicles and they don't taste as good as they used to.  They have been reformulated to sort of remain in a soft, slushy, grainy state.  They are actually rather unappealing now.  I definitely won't be buying any next year.

instead of BBQ.....we had a Seafood Boil!!!! Shrimp, crawfish, King crab legs, Snow crab legs, potatos, corn on the cob & Bread pudding for dessert!

Man T, you have no idea how good that sounds right now.  I'm glad you had a good time.

Actually went to another Fourth of July party today, a late party obviously. They had a massive cookout, the house is very secluded on a river after almost a mile of dirt and mud road driving. I drove over 50 through the woods, pretending I was a rally driver!

Working :( .... Yeah had to be the one party pooper....lol. But hey I did get to eat some BBQ so it's all good. :) God Bless the USA :D

Yup, worked. No rest for the wicked as they say...

1 person likes this

Just me and the fam with my dad grillin. We had ribs, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken (ribs/chicken with delicious BBQ sauce ) corn on cobs, bush baked beans soda and juice etc. yum I was tired so no fireworks this year just snug with my mom watchin a movie time after the daylight.

Hey! Mat!.......It was ABSOLUTLY DELICIOUS!! He! He! Sorry, had to rub it in a little! Giggle! ;-) But, it still sounds like you had fun as well!!! Aside from the below par Bomb Pops!!! Lol! I Loved those myself! Back in the day! <Sigh!> Aaaah....the memories!!! :-)

AG41, Sounds like a swell evening, and plenty tasty, my mouth is literally watering just reading your post.

Me;

I went to pool party with some friends, shot off some fireworks, grilled some kabobs which were delicious by the way. However the ribs were the main attraction.

My friend's wife made the sauce ands, gee wow, I always kid that Imma have to marry her sister.

I just like a woman who can cook, ya know. Anyhow glad everyone had a safe 4th, and I definitely understand the folks who replied that they had to work. In my career field, a holiday is just another day. I almost missed the bbq above, jumpseating home from a trip.

RookieP1......didn't mean to make your mouth water!! Giggles! But, Hey! What can I say.......I Love to Cook!! Next time I'll save you some! ;-)