Guest markb4

Driving

39 posts in this topic

Hey gals,

When you get married and are driving somewhere with your husband, would you like your husband to drive you? Or would you like to drive him? Or would you take turns?

1 person likes this

Take turns! I love driving but I'm not a driving hog. Sometimes I like being driven as long as he is a safe enough driver. Lol

3 people like this

I hope my Wife hates driving because I love it. I hope I can do 95% of the driving.

5 people like this

My boyfriend is definitely the better driver considering he has a delivery job and drives professionally. I really only drive when I have to. 

I like Mike's idea. How do we still not have those self-driving cars from Minority Report?!  But until then, I suppose I'll take turns driving with my husband, provided he's not a crazy driver.  Unless of course, he's a safe driver AND he wants to drive the whole way, in which case, I'm more than happy to nap in the passenger's seat while he chauffeurs us around, haha.

3 people like this

I honestly right now would rather who ever I'm with to do the driving because I have the feeling we won't get anywhere if I were the driver. But maybe after I get my license and become more comfortable I won't mind being the driver.

I love driving actually! My fiancé and I are long distance so we are both used to driving a few hours alone. He has done most of the driving the past probably 2 or 3 years except when he'd visit me in grad school. He wasn't a fan of the Long Island way!

It's sorta funny, I had a chuckle reading the various comments about law-abiding drivers.

To answer;

I hope my wife lets me do the most of the couple driving in my car.

And later on when we begin our family, that she drives.

(As minivans or "soccer-mom" type SUVs aren't my sorta thing)

I jokingly always say that I'll someday buy my wife a big Suburban and I'll follow behind in my Porsche 911.

Of course I'm kidding, or am I?!

She will have to let me drive. I am a driving hooligan. I don't like being a passenger cause it always seems that whoever's driving always drives so slow. Then I get anxious cause I want to go faster and they are not doing things I should have done ;) I am not a great leader or someone who likes to be in control of things. However when it comes to driving, it makes me feel better driving self.

I hope that he enjoys driving and wants to do it 90% of the time. I like to drive, but when we're together, it seems more traditional for him to be the driver. Plus, once children come, I'll likely be the one turning around tending to them in the back seat, haha.

1 person likes this

I really don't have a love or hatred of driving, so if he didn't feel like driving I would be happy to drive, but I also wouldn't mind if he wanted to drive a majority of the time if it was something he enjoyed. I only got my license because my parents made me, and that wasn't until I was 17. lol. 

1 person likes this

Definitely him. I enjoy being driven waaaaay more than driving...Having to keep your eyes on the road the whole time esp during long drives is just tedious...besides I love the freedom that comes with being a passenger...talking, playing on my phone, then napping, then more stories, then more sleeping...just love it  ^_^

2 people like this

I don't know how happy a wife would be with me driving, I drive like The Stig from Top Gear :P Tires squealing and car sliding through corners :D

1 person likes this

How am I supposed to explain to my Wife how in her 30 minute nap we've covered about 100 miles?

I've always told myself the one thing or person that will ever slow me down is my Wife and if she's concerned then I will slow down but maybe I should just start praying for an adrenaline junkie Wife!

1 person likes this

I'd want him to do most of the driving. I would too if he wanted me to, but I would hope that he liked to do most of the driving. 

We could/would take turns because I love driving any ways. Hehehe :D when he's driving and were close to our destination I'd probably tease him ;) haha hope he's good with distractions.

Well, I don't drive. Mostly for medical reasons. I CAN drive. I learned how, but it has been too many years, and I'd need refreshed if this thing with my health ever changes.

HOWEVER, if I did... whether dating, or married, I'd either take turns or let him drive. Whatever he preferred. I simply don't care much for driving, OR have a need to have control all of the time. I think I'd have more of a problem if he wanted me to do ALL of the driving, as I find it a bit stressful.

Good question! I like to drive, but I am looking forward to my man driving us around whenever we go anywhere together. It is actually something I fantasize about LOL. Hopefully, he can drive well (safely, skillfully & not too fast).

1 person likes this

I don't really have a preference. I drive to get to places, and not out of enjoyment. But I absolutely dislike driving minivans! If I need a bigger vehicle, it will be either be a truck with an extended cab or an SUV sport type.

I actually have a severe phobia of driving; I still don't have my license because of it.  :( I'm trying to overcome this and learn to drive, but I'll probably always be relieved when someone else is willing to handle that particular responsibility. Unfortunately, my boyfriend isn't wild about driving either, so I'll probably end up having to drive more often than I'd prefer.

I hate driving. I'm a pretty safe driver myself, it's everyone else on the road that I don't trust. There are way too many idiots out there that have no business driving at all. It's gotten to the point where I believe cars are too inefficient and dangerous as a mode of transportation in this day and age. I say bring on the teleportation devices.

That being said, I would probably end up driving most of the time out of pure instinct since I'm a guy and expected to lead. But if she happens to love driving, then all the better.

4 people like this